November 24, 2014 | 2007 users online

Lip Treatments - Desert Essence - Lip Rescue w/ Shea Butter

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2009 7:57:00 PM More reviews by cuoremia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love all three of Desert Essences Lip Rescues. Definite HGs. I place an order from vitacost.com every other month or so, and I'm always sure to throw a few of these in.

Shea Butter is my second favorite (jojoba is my first). First off, it smells great!! I can't really describe it. It's a mildly sweet, natural smell. I like to use this one before I put on any lip gloss or lipstick. It works well if my lips are already smooth--it helps keep them that way, but it doesn't work as well as the jojoba to actually make chapped lips soft. Therefore, I usually wear the jojoba at night and the shea butter during the day. It lasts very long, and I love all the natural ingredients.

EDIT: I still love these lip rescues. My lips are much plumper and fuller when I apply this regularly.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2008 10:40:00 PM More reviews by kirstie204

I really thought that this product wouldn't work because it didn't have a waxy feel. It turned out that it is more moisturizing (for me, anyway). I think it's a bit expensive for its price, but this is way better than any other lip balm that I've tried. Unlike what some other people said, this does NOT dry out my lips. I've actually gone through 3 tubes already (I've been using this brand of lip balm for a LONG time), but forgot to put a review of it on MA. It is glossy or matte, depending on how much you put on. The smell is sort of an orange cremesicle ish thing, but nothing to bother you.
This is my hg.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2008 2:13:00 AM More reviews by sabet

Edited - Even though this has a very pleasant light texture and goes on matte, I find it is not moisturizing enough. I had to apply heavy and reapply often, but then I noticed that I keep feeling this balm on my lips and it's a bit annoying to have to think about that. It definitely dried out my lips with repeated use. Little staying power. I found relief when I switched to other balms.
It worked much better in a warm humid environment, but then my lips would be less dry naturally too. I finished the tube using it as a hand salve, it it was really awesome in that role.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2008 1:04:00 AM More reviews by Xinya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Definatly the best lip balm I have ever used.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2008 9:24:00 PM More reviews by surrealmeal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Wonderful lip balm! Pure, all-natural ingredients, superbly moisturizing, and has a nice, subtle scent that reminds me slightly of an orange creamsicle. There is no SPF and no flavor, and it leaves an almost-matte finish on the lips (especially great for guys who have trouble finding lip balms that aren't glossy). The packaging is simple, attractive, and unisex. Like others have stated, it is great to wear to bed overnight, but I find myself using it all the time when I'm not in the sun. For just $2.50 at my local health food store, it's a product I will repurchase again and again.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2008 1:55:00 AM More reviews by FyrePhoenix

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Desert Essence Lip Rescue with Shea Butter is *the* best balm I have ever used. Fair price, nice texture, easy to apply, and it's in a pretty tube.
I first bought it at GNC. I saw it at the counter and picked it up because I figured something with Shea Butter would be good to use. I didn't expect that it would work so well to keep my lips moisturized and help heal the damage I did to them by biting them (I tend to bite my lips when they get dry and peel-y).
The really good thing about this stuff, though, is that you don't have to continually use it to stay moisturized. Aquafor, vaseline, chapstick, etc are good for a little while. But after a while, for me, they begin to make the problem worse. Lip Rescue doesn't contain petroleum or mineral oil, which would increase dryness.
Great product, will continue to purchase as long as it's manufactured.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2008 4:48:00 PM More reviews by andrwh1

I LOVE this lip balm. I have used many many lip balms (I don't wear lipstick or lipgloss) and I must say this one is fantastic. I love the fact that it's not super firm and waxy like so many others. It glides on nice and smooth, smells wonderful, has no taste (so I don't lick it off my lips!), and is SO moisturizing! Of course, like any lip balm, it doesn't have miraculous staying power, but I don't care - I don't apply any more often than any other balm, and this is way better. LOVE IT AND LOVE DESSERT ESSENCE!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2008 10:13:00 AM More reviews by tracyannette

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This lip balm is so silk and doesn't feel waxy. Once I use up the other 4-5 brands I have, this will be my staple. The cost is unbeatable. I will make sure i have enough tubes to keep in each purse.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2008 3:05:00 PM More reviews by barbiedollcurves

I LOVE THIS PRODUCTTTT. I'm a lipbalm addict. I have about 7 tubes of chapstick that go on dressers, pant pockets, bags, backpacks, robes, etc! I have chapstick in all the flavors, disney princesses, all natural, but nothing compares to this! I had an amazon giftcard and I just bought it because it was $1.25 USD and that's way cheap for chapstick. plus I've heard desert essence is a pretty good brand. I want to try there face moisturizer next, but anyway. This stuff came to me yesterday and I opened it up asap. It feels so silky on lips, not waxy. keeps my lips moisturized very well. it keeps a nice covering and it isn't waxy and it does leave this huge film over my lips. perfect for moisturizing and adding lipgloss to top. it smells like orange cremesicle, but its very subtle and it doesn't taste like anything. lovelove! it keeps my lips from being chapped too! love this stufff. hg

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2008 9:03:00 PM More reviews by Misha32

I bought this on a whim and I'm so glad I did. Upon first application I noticed how smooth it went on and how unwaxy it was. It makes my lips feel sooo soft and leaves them hydrated while imparting a very subtle sheen. Also, I'd like to address the smells, it's reminscent of orange sherbet, which I personally love. But if this is a concern of yours don't worry, it's not overwhelming or sickeningly sweet, it's faint. I will definitely repurchase it again.