Rimmel Special Eyes Eyeliner pencil in "Black Magic"

3.7

Price: $

Price: $

Hydrogenated Palm Oil, Hydrogenated Coco-Glycerides, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Tripalmitin, Talc, Propylparaben, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Lecithin, Glyceryl Stearate, Glyceryl Oleate, Citric Acid [May Contain/Peut Contenir/+/-: Mica, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Manganese Violet (Ci 77742), Ultramarines (Ci 77007), Ferric Ferrocyanide (Ci 77510), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (Ci 77510)]

on 12/10/2010 5:10:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I've been using this eyeliner for a while and I always go back to it. It's pretty cheap, theres usually a deal on rimmel at a drug store or store like target. It's a really nice dark black that glides on smooth for me. I only use pencil liner on my bottom lash line because I prefer other types of liner on the top. My only problem is that the color will run on the outer corners but thats only after a long day of wearing it. Setting it with a shadow usually combats that problem though. Love this product and will purchase again!

on 8/19/2010 1:04:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is the second eyeliner pencil I bought from Rimmel, and another product of my current obsession with the brand. I was expecting it to be as good as the soft kohl one, and it did. Actually, I like this one more because it stays exactly as I put it. It smudges a little in the outer corner of the eye but I don't know if it is because of the ridiculously hot weather of this tropical island, or my oily skin, or the quality of the product.

I haven't used it in my waterline or as a eyebrow liner (I prefer eyeshadow to fix my brows).

on 8/17/2010 1:06:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Staying Power:
i have oily skin and this eyeliner smudges easily on me. i notice the most smudging at the outer corners under my eyes. it transfers really far away from where i originally put it!

Application:
It applies smoothly and clumping doesn't seem to be a problem. Small mistakes are easy to fix by rubbing. But large mistakes, such as removing all of it from the lower lash line requires soap and water to wash. a line is still obvious even after furious rubbing.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I was looking for a replacement for my beloved Urban Decay 24/7 Eye Pencil, and ended up buying the Rimmel Special Eyes Precision Eyeliner Pencil in Black Magic. When I got home and tried it, I was almost afraid to admit that I prefer this over my UD pencil. It applies smooth, and doesnít smudge. I like the consistency of the pigment better because itís not slippery on my upper lids. It's not as dark as I would like, but for 1/4 the price of UD, I'm willing to make the sacrifice.

on 7/20/2010 4:10:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

After I realized I couldnt afford my usualy Sheseido kohl eyeliner, my cousin recommended rimmel eyeliner. I picked up special eyes because it was the cheapest one. And i love it! My skin is really oily and i usually end up with an oily eyelid and smeared eyeliner. But this liner definitely stays on despite my oily skin and i don't end the day with raccoon eyes! The only down side is that you have to reapply once maybe twice throughout the day.

on 6/21/2010 11:50:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I bought this product on accident thinking it was the eye kohl which I love and have been using for years and boy was I mistaken. Although the liner glides on smooth like its cousin ( the eye kohl) it smears and travels/ transfers like crazy. By the end of the night the liner I had on my top lid was in a smudged mess underneath my bottom lashes giving me a raccoon/ black eye look.

Overall... I will be more careful to check the label next time

on 6/17/2010 2:06:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

Bought this for about 4 dollars at ULTA. Love the product, this is the second pencil I've bought in this color and I love it. I use it in my waterline ALOT. Have heard a couple negetive reveiws about it being rather soft but I havent experienced this. And yes, I have used this to draw my eyebrows on MANY times. Id recommend this is anyone!

on 5/13/2010 10:25:00 PM

I dont hate this product, but dont love it either!
I like it sometimes tho cuz it stays put for 3-4 hours which is better than other liners i've tried.
It's an okay product for a cheap price

on 2/20/2010 9:25:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

So i ran out of my old black eyeliner and I headed into ULTA and this caught my eye for some reason. As I wore it the next day I applied it in the morning and by the time i got to my locker i looked like a raccoon! and i applied UDPP before and set it w/ powder AND mac carbon black e/s and it STILL smudged. I looked like a mess and it felt oily too. Only good thing about this is that its creamy and that it was cheap nothing else. So unless you want to look like a raccoon who was partying all night i dont reccommend this at all.

on 2/5/2010 8:08:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

This is not bad for a typical wooden eyeliner pencil. It's not creamy or waterproof like Urban Decay 24/7 in Zero, so the effect is less dramatic. It's not overly pigmented but makes a nice subtle work appropriate look. I like to have this liner within reach for hurried mornings when there's no time to fiddle with gel or liquid liner. It's also nice for touching up the liner that wears off under my lower eyelids. There's nothing magic about the shade honestly, no sparkle or special effects. It's simply an inexpensive pencil that's nice to toss around when you don't want to risk carrying more expensive products or bother with brushes. One additional point is that I'm allergic to Rimmel's regular black eyeliner pencil but for some happy reason, I can easily wear this without any problem. I wanted to rate this 3 1/2, but lacking that option, rounded up to 4.