September 2, 2014 | 1177 users online

Cleansers - Bonne Bell - Ten-O-Six- Deep Pore Cleanser

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2007 10:55:00 PM More reviews by GUENWYVAR

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I started using this in 1968 on the advice of a college roommate & used it faithfully for years til it vanished in the 90's. Back then it was about the only high profile deep pore cleanser. I am now 55 + and resumed using it a few years ago when,missing it, I called the company & asked if they still made it ! Used to buy it by the pint,quart & HALF GALLON ! In fact I still have my last half gallon bottle . I use it to store the product when I order several bottles. Believe me there is nothing else out there that can clean deep down dirt off your face like this stuff. If there's any dirt left after you wash,ten o six will find it. I washed my face at the gym today with Dove soap & wound up using 3 cotton pads soaked with ten o six to get all leftover dirt off. Ten O six works better than any of the other brand name deep pore cleansers I've used. I always come back to it. In addition,it leaves your skin smooth,soft,tingly & invigorated. As long as I can,I'll keep using this. It's so good I wonder why the company doesn't launch a reintroduction campaign to introduce it to a new generation.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2007 8:27:00 PM More reviews by pekkle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I used this back when I was 12 when a friend tried it on me. 16 years later, I started breaking out badly along my hairline and chin from hair products so I went back to this and it has done a good job preventing breakouts/clogged pores in this area. I use it everyday along my hairline/chin (too strong for nose and cheeks) and on my chest, neck and back after cleansing. It also works well after working out when I dont have time to shower.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2006 3:51:00 PM More reviews by Product_Junkie

I really like this product mainly because it is simple and effective w/out bells and whistles. I used this version and he sensitive version in my teens and did what it was supposed to: it kept me blemish-free most of time, didn't dry my skin out at all,just kept it smooth and clear. I recently ordered the normal/oily skin one from their website and it is great...However, for my adult skin, a face wash is sufficient enough, but 2-4 times a week I apply ten-o-six and night after cleansing and it works really well, especially for totm blemishes, it shrinks them completely. If i use ten-o-six twice a day, my face tends to get a dry/oily feel and look, so I prefer to use it at nighttime. In my teens though, it was my HG! Too bad ten-o-six is not sold in stores anynmore:( I also used it for bumps on my upper arms and literally within 2 days they were gone! I will definitely repurchase ten-o-six, maybe the sensitive version as well. I like the ingredients alcohol, resorcinol, sodium pca, lactic acid(normal/oily version), salicylic acid(sensitive version), allantoin, etc. As an aside, in my teens I also used Propa Ph products which also helped in keeping my skin blemish free.Sadly, those products have been discontinued altogether! They were dirt cheap and had a good blend of salicylic acid/alpha hydroxy acids, green tea, malic acid, etc. Overall, ten-o-six is a great astringent/cleanser, IMO. Did anyone on this board use their other products, besides the wash and face mask? If so, please let me know what they were like. Thanks:)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2006 2:30:00 AM More reviews by lakek

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I used this product back in the 70's when I was a teenager! It was the best product that I could find for my problem skin. My skin is still very good, even though I dont use it now. But I do get it for my teenage daughter. A product that is excellent for oily teenage skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2005 2:48:00 AM More reviews by maya33

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

INTRO TO PRODUCT
Re the comments about it being oily and not ideal for use in the shower - well it's not a water soluble product! To use this product you wet a cotton ball and wipe it over your face as you would a toner. It is alcohol based and I wouldn't reccomend it for sensitive skin that is also dry.

REVIEW OF PRODUCT
This product is not for everyone, but for the market it serves it is the best. That market would be teeanagers starting a beauty regime to control blackheads and the occasional break out.

WHY YOU SHOULD BUY THIS PRODUCT
It's primary use is to remove makeup and clear pores. It is a super product for preventing black heads building up. I've always found it useful for whiteheads, but a product with salylic acid, like the 10-0-6 or clean and clear spot treatment, might be best to use in combination.

This is not my everyday cleanser anymore but even now I'm all grown up I always keep some on hand. I think it is a very good product and worth having on hand:

As a makeup remover it is very effective. This is a good cheap option over those face wipes. Good to have on hand for those nights where you get home late, just wet a coton ball all too, wipe over, and pass out!

Similarly, I go through stages where the three stage skin care regime is just too much for me. Having this product means I don't neglect my skin entirely. I reccomend this product for teens for this reason, no need to fight for sink space. Maybe best used in the morning with a proper 3 step regime at night.

I also like this product for when I go camping or something, as you don't need to rinse your face.

Also, if you are trying on foundation shades or something, this is an easy waterless way to remove them.

GENERAL COMMENTS ABOUT USE
It is alcohol based but I generally don't find it too drying. My skin has changed over the years and sometimes I do find it too drying to use everyday. Additionally, sometimes my skin does feel a little sensitive to it(stings a little). That said, it has never caused irritation or break out as with many scrub/water based products. It has a very simple formulation, and although it does smell strongly (as noted), this is the alchol smell and that means it isn't loaded with fragrences that can irrate, PLUS it doesn't make your skin smell.

I am not a fan of toners/astringents which always seem full of iritants, and this is a good standby for use after a proper cleanser.

Finally, don't confuse the 'sensitive' version of this product, which is blue, and that is CRAP, and, I realised, a totally different formulation and product.

Ok this was long, I have known this product for many years, and I hope this helps.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2004 7:54:00 PM More reviews by sha110w

This stuff sure does work. I've used it off and on for years and I always come back to it. It does have alcohol as a primary ingredient but then it has Sodium PCA to counteract any dryness. Leaves skin soft, smoothes texture of skin which evens out over a short time, fades scars, shrinks pore size and works wonders on spots. All the reasons why I thank god it's in existence.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/3/2004 7:37:00 PM More reviews by veggigoddess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

OMG!!! How or why would anyone subject their skin to this disgusting product! I ordered this from Ulta for my hubby who has very oily skin and had no idea it was going to smell like nail polish remover times 10! This is just pure alcohol! It reeks and is SOOOO toxic smelling & on top of that it's totally watery so there's no way a person could use this like a normal cleanser in the shower. Just because something dries your skin out beyond belief from massive alcohol overhaul does not mean it's good for the skin and simply from this horrid smelling product it's very apparent this is horrible for any skin type. YUK!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2004 4:50:00 AM More reviews by ProductJunkey

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have a bottle of this under my sink in the bathroom, otherwise know as beauty product wasteland!
I used this as a teen, back in the late 70's. I used to get a big bottle of this dressed like a Santa Claus for Christmas every year. The smell reminds me of being a teen! The product itself is way too drying. My skin now stings after using it. I guess I'll keep it around, and smell it to bring back some teenage memories!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2004 12:05:00 PM More reviews by HelenClaire

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I was given this as a gift (strange gift, yes?) and even though it is marked for "Normal to Oily Skin" I can still use it on my dry skin (just less of it less often). I suppose it is meant as an astringent, but I use it as eye makeup remover, and it works rather well. It also, surprisingly, smells a little like peaches. I have not seen it in stores near my house, so I'll be very sad when I finally run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2004 7:45:00 AM More reviews by delia56

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

My skin is very very oily. I usually soak up two sheets of those clean and clean absorbant sheets. After trying this cleanser, my face wasn't shiny. I tried blotting my face and it didn't even soak up half the sheet! This truly does take off dirt and oil after washing your face. I just love this product; my pores have shrunk and it really does shrink pimples.