OPI Top Coat

2.7

Ethyl Acetate, Butyl Acetate, Acrylates Copolymer, SD Alcohol 40B, Cellulose Acetate Butyrate, Tosylamide/Formaldehyde Resin, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate, Etocrylene, Benzophenone-1, Dimethicone, CI 60725

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

This product is not as awful as everyone has been saying, but for the price, it definitely isn't excellent. My problem isn't the drying time so much as it is the fact that even after it's try, it wears at the tips very, very, very easily. It is not that bad in terms of drying time as long as the layers underneath are completely dry. My advice though - don't purchase it. It's an awful product for OPI to release and I bought it on sale for only $6 and I still think it was a waste of my money.

on 3/18/2014 12:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Expensive, Gloopy and takes such a long time to dry. Will never buy again

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Terrible terrible topcoat.

I want the following from a top coat: 1. Goes on smoothly, 2. Dries quickly, 3. Leaves nails shiny and 4. Makes polish last

This one goes on smoothly, that's absolutely it. Doesn't make nails look any better than polish alone, doesn't make polish last longer before chipping and takes forever to dry.
Love OPI but this product is a waste.

on 10/29/2013 10:20:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Worse top coat. It takes forever to dry and even after a couple hours, it still gets dent marks. Definitely not as shiny as I had expected. Wish I had read the reviews before I purchased this polish. Truly a waste. Will be sticking with my Sally Hansen Insta-Dri clear top coat polish...

on 10/8/2013 4:38:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

it's very good when used as a ridge filler.

on 9/30/2013 5:21:00 PM

Most disappointing top coat. I thought top coats were pretty innocuous. The bottle hardened way to quick. It took forever for my nails to dry, and became very thick and gelatinous very quickly. It was gross. After 5 to 6 uses, the cap became immensely difficult to take off. Would not buy again.

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

Yeah, this sucks. After a couple of uses, it has become way too thick and whenever I take the brush out of the bottle, it leaves little strings behind. It takes FOREVER to dry. I always end up getting dings or smudges in my polish long after I've applied this.

I also have this weird problem where the cap is really hard to take off and put back on and it seems like the black from the cap has chipped off into the polish so now there's black flecks all in it and it gets on my nails sometimes.

on 7/31/2013 7:18:00 AM

Literally IT CREATES BUBBLES ON YOUR NAILS. WITHOUT THIS COAT IT DOESN'T HAVE BUBBLES, BUT WITH IT IT HAS LITLE EXPLODED BUBBLES! Ugh. On the bright side, yeah it creates shine. Not worth it

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I actually threw out the contents of my bottle and bought the bigger salon refill, thinking I just got a bad batch. Turns out, this top coat really is quite horrible. Yes it's shiny and application is easy but it bubbles like crazy! Not the quality you'd expect from OPI. Since I have so much of it now, I'm just trying to finish it off by patiently applying very thin coats. That's the only way I can tolerate this product.

on 6/21/2013 11:42:00 AM

Ick. I hate this stuff. Costs $9 now. It dried relatively quickly for me. I was able to take a shower about an hour or two after I applied it, but it bubbles like crazy. I rolled the bottle before I used it and it still made my nails bubble. It is nice and glossy, but it also does not prevent against chipping. I put it on yesterday and I've got 3 serious chips and tip wear on all of my other nails. 0/10 would not recommend.

Top Rated OPI Products