July 24, 2014 | 1836 users online

Top/Base Coats - OPI - Top Coat

rated 1 of 5 on 1/31/2013 9:57:00 PM More reviews by kikilala112

Leaves bedsheet marks with my OPI Big Apple Red. Did not realise that this has always been a problem for OPI top coat as I've always used it with light colours that are not noticeable at all.

The brush picks up the colours as well which i would assume it would smear nail arts.

All in all, would not purchase nor would i use it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/30/2013 11:03:00 PM More reviews by bracelet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This top coat is just alright to me - the only redeeming factor is that it is super glossy and shiny. It started getting thick and goopy about halfway into the bottle, but it might be fixable by adding nail polish thinner to it?

I think the top coat prevents chips pretty well for me, I don't have any complaints about it there.

If it wasn't so thick and took so long to dry, I would love it.

edit: This probably goes for all nail polishes, but beware if you lay it on thick -- it will bubble like crazy.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/25/2013 11:03:00 PM More reviews by PetitOwl

I did not like this top coat at all. I waited and waited and it did not dry. I finally went to sleep and woke up to find that my nails had gotten dented. I admit that all the fast drying top coats have gotten me spoiled, but this top coat didn't dry even after several hours. I thought this product was expensive since it's about the price of regular OPI polishes and performs so poorly that it is useless.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2013 6:10:00 AM More reviews by lizzea

It does what it says, as in is a decent effective top coat but is expensive in Australia for the amount you get. Not amazing, but not bad either. Will be up to you to try out whether or not this will suit your budget, or if something cheaper might do the same job at a better price.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/24/2013 6:03:00 AM More reviews by MissusH123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This nail polish takes a long time to dry, is way too thick and after time gets bubbles in it which looks weird on top of nail polish. The consistency was just horrible. I won't recommend this to anybody.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/24/2013 5:45:00 AM More reviews by brinel

What everyone else said. I don't expect my top coat to be completely dry in 15 minutes, but I put this on at 4:00 pm yesterday, used a uv light to dry, went to bed at 10:30 pm, and I still got sheet marks. Ridiculous.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2013 6:46:00 PM More reviews by foxandsoul

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It is strange reading all of the negative reviews. It is the second nail polish that I have ever used and I like it. It makes my nail polish last for 2 weeks. That fact alone makes me put up with the long lasting drying time. I donít have any bubbles either. My first top coat was China Glaze and I hated it because after just two days of wearing it would crack very bad and looked like a cracked glass on my nails. The problem that I have with OPI is that it is sensitive to rubbing alcohol kind of like to the nail polish remover and when you would have nail design with different colors it would smudge the colors. But I really like the 2 weeks lasting effect!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/1/2013 3:23:00 PM More reviews by jwyl

This top coat spreads easily, is not too goopy, and smooths out the layers of polish underneath. Leaves a moderately glossy but not very shiny finish.

It's a decent top coat when the job is finished - IF you have time to wait around for it!! Unfortunately, it takes a terribly long time to dry. I wouldn't go to bed for *hours* after using this. It's bound to leave sheet marks.

Wouldn't buy again, there are better options out there.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/18/2012 5:43:00 PM More reviews by Katyby

I do not like this at all.. It is thick, takes forever to dry and the shine is not overly impressive. Overall it's not bad if you want to wait around for it to dry but I can't be bothered. Usually keeps my polish 3-5 days depending but I don't think it is worth the wait and the price.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/12/2012 8:10:00 PM More reviews by strawberrycremelatte

Its not impressive. There is no shine and the drying time is incredibly long. There is no smooth finish and its over priced when there are over top coats out there that is cheaper and would do a much better job. Do not buy!