Bare Escentuals Glimmer in Queen Phyllis

4.7

on 5/23/2009 9:46:00 PM

I simply can't stand BE's foundation and mineral veil, but really enjoy their eyeshadows and blushes. This is my HG brow highlighter! It has the perfect amount of shimmer without being too shimmer-y. I would describe the color on me as an ivory w/a touch of gold. If I use a primer (UDPP or BE's Prime Time) and apply a few layers, I get excellent color payoff and long wear. $13 is a bit steep for an eyeshadow, but it lasts forever. A little goes a long way.

on 5/14/2009 6:46:00 PM

Perfect as a highlight, and for a simple wash of color if you want it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I use this eyeshadow to highlight my brow as well as add just a soft sweep of color onto my lids. It doens't crease when I apply it to my lids and it blends nicely.

on 3/27/2009 8:08:00 AM

I'm a fan of mineral eyeshadows, and BE in particular. I like the feeling of painting when you use loose powder and brushes - it makes it so much more fun!
This colour is so versatile, so subtle, and yet with a damp brush it's such a great high lighter. Works on almost every skin tone and eye colour in my opinion!
I use this all the time, and love it!

on 3/1/2009 8:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS! I am not a huge fan of BE's eye shadows since they are a MESS, but I was in need of a new shimmery highlighting shade and a friend of mine wears this and it always looks amazing. Also given its rave reviews, I decided to give it a go. And I am IN LOVE!! I wear this all over by itself during the day to just perk my face up. So versatile, and so pretty. Just the perfect level of shimmer and warmth.

on 2/18/2009 12:23:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

This is such an awesome color, it's a white highlighter shade with some gold undertones. Very versatile, whenever I want a bright eyed look I use this as an all over lid color and mixes and matches with any conceivable shade. For an angelic look I dab in my inner eye, really makes my eyes bigger and brighter! The pigment quality is amazin, not something you'd find in the drug store.

Oooh, gorgeous! I got this as part of the Smoky Eye Set at Sephora. This set included a full-sized BE Queen Phyllis glimmer, Smashbox Rapture eyeshadow, Stila Smudgepot in Black, and mini BeneFit Bad Gal mascara.

Anyway, back to Queen Phyllis. In the container, it is a light, shimmery pale gold color...on the skin, it really pops! Like other BE glimmers, these have multi-faceted shimmer/glimmer, and it just looks gorgeous as a brow-bone highlighter or in the inner corners.

As other reviewers have mentioned... the containers that the BE powder products come in are sort of annoying... grr... loose powder shadows...

For reference, I am NC2o-25 with dark brown eyes.
continued >>

on 1/1/2009 4:15:00 PM

Love this as an all-over eye color. It's got a golden undertone so it doesn't look too white on my asian skin. It's quite sheer by itself so the shimmer is not overwhelming but foiled, wow! It would probably look good on all skin tones, but for those looking for a warmer version of Nude Beach, this one would work. I don't think I need to comment on the pot - we all know what it's like to work with.

on 11/14/2008 7:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE this color! u use it as a brow bone highlighter and to highlight the inner corners of my eyes. it pairs beautifully with BE Queen Tiffany in the crease. since, the shimmers are pretty sheer so i apply some matte colors under them like BE Soft Focus Explore to the crease, and then go over that with Queen Tiffany, and then Apply BE Soul to the brow bone and then apply Queen Phyllis over it. these colors really make matte shadows pop! this combo makes my eyes look super sexy. this color is the perfect shimmering champaign that just seems to glow. i have brown eyes, but this color would look beautiful on any eye color.and is very versatile.

on 8/17/2008 12:37:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Love this color. It is very versatile. It can be worn alone or with other makeup. It's a great shade to have handy for day or night.

Top Rated Bare Escentuals Products