November 25, 2014 | 1903 users online

Eye Shadow - Revlon - Illuminance Creme Shadow Quad - Precious Metals

rated 3 of 5 on 6/18/2010 1:01:00 PM More reviews by katchimo

First of all, glitter, beware! It's a really nice cream shadow that applies easily and best for people with little time to put on makeup. Just smear and go! However, the color wears off within an hour or two leaving you with HUGE chunks of glitter everywhere! It gets super duper messy so definitely not the first thing I'll be grabbing when I start my makeup regime. Like most cream eyeshadows, this makes an excellent priming base for your powdered shadow to stick too. However, it's much too glitter and frost for my eyes so if I ever repurchase I will be looking for a matte cream color. My favorite about this purchase is that I've had it for over a year and the creaminess hasn't dried out on me yet. Might make an excellent eyeliner?

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2010 9:53:00 PM More reviews by clairebear12

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love these cream shadows, they're absolutely gorgeous. The colors included in the Precious Metals quad are a light gold, a kind of golden brown shade, a dark shimmery silver and a red copperish sort of color. They all look great on me except for the silver, it's too dark for me. Even the red copperish color looked good when I thought it would be unwearable, it's actually very flattering. The only problem with these is that the staying power is awful. Within about a minute of application these crease and seem to lose their color. That fast. Even with a primer. I have tried pretty much everything to make these work and they always crease and as my friend Leah tells me looks kinda gross, which sadly is true. Flaky, greasy eyeshadow is not at all attractive. I keep buying these though. I think it's because it's the only drugstore cream eyeshadow and I only splurge on high end makeup occasionally and I don't really want to pay $22 for cream shadow. These cost about four to five dollars each, so they're super cheap. If only the staying power was good! I am putting my foot down and forcing myself to stop buying these and I'm going to try the powder eyeshadow version of this, the colorstay 12 eyeshadow quad in precious metals. That sounds very promising and hopefully it'll stay, unlike these.
Note: I forgot to include these make my eyes sting. I have no idea why since I don't have sensitive eyes. It actually hurts a lot too, and my eyes water. It goes away but not after quite a bit of stinging and burning. Sad because I love these colors so much. These also work great as a base or layered with other shadows too, which is weird because even with a primer these don't stay alone. It makes your shadow look sort of three dimensional and pearly. Very nice effect, so these do have a use.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2010 1:04:00 PM More reviews by gorbe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

The colors are nice, and compliment eachother. Application is smooth. I have only used with WITHOUT a primer, though, and it definitely doesn't last. I bed with an eyeshadow primer they would last much better. I would buy this again on sale, perhaps,but not for full price, it's nothing too special..

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2010 8:20:00 PM More reviews by LuxLasVegas

Beautiful product. Very creamy and apply smoothly and evenly. I even feel that after application, you can kind of smooth them around to get a powdery feel. That said, I wouldn't even consider applying these naked. I only wear them over a primer. I usually fortify their pigment by placing another color OVER them, that's similar in shade. I love the mega-watt color result.

Love these! Would buy again!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2010 3:34:00 PM More reviews by pjw1209

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my first Revlon purchase in a long time. I wanted to try creme eyeshadow and Precious Metals has four pretty shadows. The quad includes: greyish silver, butter-cream, light gold and a pinkish brown. I like all of the shades ~ butter-cream and light gold are highlight colors and I use the other two in my crease. I use a small, flat, dense brush to apply ~ I find it easier to "dab" on the product with the brush or use my finger.

Be sure to wear a primer underneath. I didn't have any creasing, but they faded after five or six hours. I like cream shadows and they work well for women over forty :D. Unlike minerals, these shadows do not accentuate the crepey wrinkles that I now call my eyelids. I will buy this product again, and search for additional color palettes...

rated 2 of 5 on 3/3/2010 12:28:00 AM More reviews by krisc17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The colors are pigmented and show up well on the eyelid but it leaves a greasy feeling and when applying eyeshadow over it, it almost immediately creases. Overall, I don't think I will be buying this product again.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/21/2010 2:30:00 AM More reviews by madean

I really like the colors and it's on sale in drugstore, so I bought it. But they are not pigmented and the colors are soooo weak, u have to apply many layers to see the something. But it feels good. Won't buy it again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2009 11:22:00 AM More reviews by mac222

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is a nice 4 color compact of cream e/s. While beautiful in the package, these really didn't do that much for me. They go on very sheer, as in I can't see it sheer. If I tried to build it up at all it creased. When I wore it sheer, it creased. Not a fan.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2009 5:22:00 PM More reviews by Chrissyxoxo

This product is excellent! I received it for Christmas and fell in love! I use it as a base, stays all day and doesn't crease! The colors are so beautiful too! Not only have a hit pan, I'm almost finished the entire quad! I'll be sure to get another, and I hear great things about this product in "Twilight" as well!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2009 6:16:00 PM More reviews by christina_f

I use this as a base. I use to use this alone with no shadow on top and was always bummed because it does crease..one day i experimented and figured out applying shadow made it more pigmented and the staying power was much longer..still creases on me after about 4-5 hours..but some days not at all. I will purchase this again but am also going to look into other bases.