November 21, 2014 | 1685 users online

Hair Color - Fudge - Paint Box Hair Color

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2005 4:17:00 PM More reviews by necro_nymph

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have tried every brand going and this is probaly the best i have found next to Special Effects.
Now, i have had my hair almost every colour. I have bleached it too many times to recall and i don't mind telling you that i have the most pourus hair going.
Just recently, i have gone towards vibrant reds and nothing would hold. My ususal was Crazy color because i have a Sally's close to me and i was constantly having to buy "Fire" every 2 weeks.
My boyfriend was in Salon Services the other day and bought me "Strawberry fields" and it's gorgeous. Not as fluoro as Fire, which was a neon red and faded to a flamingo pink but this is just what i was looking for. I only wish there was more in the bottle because i have to buy two :(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2005 6:53:00 PM More reviews by swt_mimi

Out of all of the home hair colours I've tried, this was the best. This lasted the longest and took the least time to develop. I had this honey tint in my asian hair which I hated. I tried permenant hair colours but they washed right off. However, with the Fudge paintbox, I got an even coverage that lasted week after week. I purchased blue velvet countless times to take the honey hue away from my hair. It deposits a "hint" of blue into my hair, making it look shiny and healthy. From now on, this is the only thing I'll use to give me a blue black colour. Oh, and by the way, one tube isn't enough for someone with long hair...you need two(price: $19 CDN). The squeeze type packaging sucks too. continued >>

rated 2 of 5 on 12/5/2004 12:55:00 AM More reviews by Haesel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Fudge is the all time worst haircolor for "punk" colors. It washes out easily, comes in a tube that is ribbed and hard to get all the goo out, and it's overly expensive. I used "Blueberry Hill" when my hair was bleached and then dyed purple, and the staying power was worse than even Manic Panic or Punky Colors. It lasted half the time of any other brand I'd tried.
The absolute best "punk" colors hairdye brand I ever found is Special Effects, when you can find it. The second best is Manic Panic, but it's a far second. Of course, my exotic hair color days are over, but I had many years to experiment! continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2004 3:47:00 AM More reviews by Cosmic_GIrl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this brand! The first time I died my hair I used Fudge and I have been a fan ever since. I use Blue Velvet over bleached hair and I have to say that I get a lovely dark blue colour that eventually fades to a sorta greenish/blue. It lasts longer than Manic Panic, but not quite as long as Special Effects, though it smells better. I haven't tried any other colours yet, but I'm definitely willing to.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2003 2:46:00 AM More reviews by rhees1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

my latest colors are shades of blue and i haven't been able to find as nice a blue as the blue velvet from fudge. i think color jam products fade less overall and then fades more evenly, but their deepest blue ended up looking more aquamarine.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2003 10:17:00 PM More reviews by AmethystStar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Simply amazing..have tried all the other brands and this is sent from heaven. i have used Blue Velvet, Purple Haze, Prett Flamingo and my newest shade that has lasted the last 8 weeks with VERY little fade, CHERRY BOMB...I have NEVER gotten so many complements on my hair colour in such a short amount of time...people turn heads when they see my TRUE VIBRANT red! I will use Fudge forever..it lasts and there is a wonderful array of colours to choose from...oh and it is so friendly to your hair!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2003 6:52:00 AM More reviews by hitiger

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Best I've found so far. Still not that great, though. My purple was grey by the end of the week.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2001 1:24:00 PM More reviews by DaniGurle

OUt of all the brands I have tried for shocking color, this is the best. It lasts the longest after shampooing. My only complaint is that there isn't enough color in the bottle to cover a whole head of hair completely.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/13/2001 5:54:00 AM More reviews by MissAnnThr0py

I have noticed, out of all the reds, blues, purples and pinks i have dyed my hair, Fudge is the most vibrant, long lasting coloring that you can get out of a semi-permnent vegitable dye. Unlike Punky Colors, Manic Panic and N'Rage colors, Fudge has more pigment per molocule, and absorbes 10 times more to all types of hair. Also, unlike other colors, your don't have to get a shade darker than your desired color to have your hair colored the way you want......you buy a red or blue color, and it turns that color! long lasting, over 10 colors. A must if you gonna let your hair walk on the wide side.