September 1, 2014 | 1873 users online

Fragrances - Coty - Vanilla Musk

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 10/3/2008 5:10:00 PM More reviews by somuchwoman

It's funny how much I like this modest fragrance, considering I'm not a fan of vanillas or of musks. But the vanilla in VM isn't remotely reminiscent of a cookie, nor is the musk remotely reminiscent of unwashed humans. The combination is something else entirely. My overall impression from this scent is warmth. It isn't all that smooth (there is a very sharp, almost metallic tang in the open) and it isn't soft (that open has a real punch to it). What makes it a winner for me is that it's the scent of a strong woman....open, capable, athletic and undeterred. I've found it to be the perfect sports fragrance. It 'blossoms' when you exert yourself and perspire just a little. The warmer your skin is, the better this scent works. And unlike the heavy hitters like Angel or Giorgio, you can wear it to work out at the gym. I play a lot of tennis -- indoors and out -- and always wear this when I play. Everyone compliments me, both male and female. I'm so sorry it's been discontinued. Thankfully it was in production a long time so there are bottles to be had on the secondary market.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2008 3:01:00 AM More reviews by ellizam

Am I smelling something different than anyone else? Coty Vanilla Musk. Not Vanilla Fields, but Vanilla Musk. Butter. Buttery, rich vanilla, a hint of malt behind it, clean skin subtly in the background. Very light, very beautiful, not too sweet a vanilla but not afraid of the vanilla. Maybe a teensy teensy hint of gardenia in the quality of the butteriness. This is gorgeous.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2008 4:03:00 PM More reviews by lovestosmile

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Yes, it is green, not buttery--that's the orange blossom and woods coming out. But being a vanilla lover, I enjoy wearing varying notes of vanilla(Hpnotic Poison, Addict, Pink Sugar, Deep Red, etc.) I would not want all of my vanillas to resemble each other TOO closely. What would be the fun in that?

As a side note. I wore this one yesterday, and when I went in to get gas, the clerk asked if I was wearing perfume and what it was. So I told him Vanilla Musk. He said" MMMM vanilla, with a dreamy expression.It's the truth --men love vanilla!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2008 9:22:00 AM More reviews by Shwets

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is beautiful in the perfume oil! I'm yet to try edt/edc.
I instantly thought of Christian Dior's Dolce Vita when i smelt vanilla musk. Except VM is much smoother and softer on the skin. It also lasts for ages. I can see this being my long term fragrance. Its one of those scents that are versatile, young, fresh, vibrant and likable.

Update (09/08/2008): The edc version took me by surprise and is just as beautiful as the oil. Think of a slightly lighter version but not weak in it's lasting power. The edc lasts incredibly well and i think i like this a tiny bit more than the perfume version.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2008 2:03:00 AM More reviews by Angela1013

I remember the whole vanilla thing in the mid-90's, I got compliments when I wore VM. Loud and tart at first spray but dries down to a deep sweet musky scent. I still have a small bottle I haven't touched in years and sprayed it the other day and it's still as potent and sweet and musky as I remember. Lasts too, good stuff!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2008 4:09:00 PM More reviews by Erin

This was my signature scent in 1995. I wore it on many special firsts...if you catch my drift. =)

Very musky and sexy...I still get compliments on it and I am so glad Coty STILL makes it!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/29/2008 2:18:00 AM More reviews by jenniferlm21

i hated this smell. it smells like they just stopped adding what was needed to finish this fregrance to make it smell good in the middle of adding ingrediants. i hated the smell. it just smelled unfinished or something like that. i will not be buying this again

rated 3 of 5 on 12/12/2007 2:46:00 PM More reviews by aquaopal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other Eyes: Black

I didn't like this fragrance at first, but have grown to like it. Very subtle and sweet. I like it.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/21/2007 10:03:00 AM More reviews by electricbubblewrap

I bought this in a small trial kit along with Jovan Musk and Jovan White Musk because I own Coty's musk oil and really like it. Out of the 3 selections, I had, this one was the only one I didn't like. It smells like potpourri and has a sharp green note that I just don't like. I wish the sandalwood would have been toned down and the vanilla and musk brought out more. To me, Vanilla Musk smells cheap and offensive.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2007 8:53:00 PM More reviews by AnythingVanilla

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Its not a childish or foody vanilla, just sultry and timeless.