Caron Pour un Homme de Caron

4.6

on 6/19/2005 8:40:00 PM

Upon spraying, this is pure lavender, but dries down to a beautiful play-dough scent. Seriously! and it's really wearable. I was happily surprised. A lot of those scents with play-dough accords in them appeal to me in some way, but I wouldn't really wear them. This one is one that I would wear, though. I think it's nice for a lady year-round, as well as being nice for men too.

on 10/6/2003 3:16:00 PM

I agree with the reviewers below--Pour un Homme can be worn by men or women, as its lavender and vanilla beginnings are soft and a little sweet, perfect for curling up with a book on a sunny afternoon. Amber and musk in the base are so gentle and complementary, too. There is nothing harsh, abrasive or overly aromatic about Pour un Homme, qualities which one typically associates with men's fragrances based on lavender. On my skin, however, something goes dreadfully wrong in between the opening of the fragrance and its drydown, that notorious play-doh note which happens to me when wearing L'Artisan Jour de Fete or POTL Luctor et Emergo. I am hoping that my sample is just a bit dated and will update this review when I can obtain another.

on 5/17/2003 10:14:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

Pour un homme is a wonderful mixture of lavender and vanilla, with a hint of anis, that I wear during the summer (and I am a woman). It is yummy!

on 5/12/2003 1:44:00 AM

This is a 1934 men's classic which smells simply wonderful. It starts with lavender and dries down to vanilla which is not so sweet for once. I use it for myself and love it.

Popular Fragrances (for Men)

Black Code