November 26, 2014 | 1316 users online

Styling Products - Bumble & Bumble - Sumo Tech

rated 3 of 5 on 6/3/2006 1:38:00 PM More reviews by C0nny

I was using the Aveda whipped stuff before and my hairdresser used this on me and I liked the smell and what it did. However, trying to use it myself I am having problems applying the product. I can't warm it enough in my hands to make it spreadable. I have short highlighted blonde hair that is very fine. So any clumpy thing will be visible immediately. I am more than happy to get some insight from some user as to how to apply it properly. THats the only reason for me to say I would not purchase it again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2006 2:03:00 AM More reviews by GraceQ

I went out and bought this product after reading all the great reviews on MUA but I found that this wax didn't give any hold to my shoulder-length fine, straight hair. It didn't give me much texture to hold and was gone by an hour or so. I did like the smell though...my friend described it like "men's cologne."

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2006 10:51:00 PM More reviews by PlatinumBlondePunk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Best pomade/wax ever.And I LOVE the packaging.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2006 12:06:00 AM More reviews by jennlynn83

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a great product. One of my ATF hair products. It is a wax that is NOT sticky or greasy or gooey. Once it dried you can barely feel it. My boyrfriend uses it and has bought it 3 times now. I use it sparingly on my ends when I where my hair curly. Great for short cuts and awesome for a little texture if you dont like the heavy waxes out there. Will continue to buy. Also it seems expensive for the small amount you get, but trust me, a little goes a long way.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2005 6:40:00 AM More reviews by redgum8888

So far I have been using Aveda defining whip which is just a milder version fo this in terms of hold: this is strong hold while defining whip is medium. A bit expensive but lasts forever as less than a pea sized amount can do my whole head. This is like fudge and you rub it btw your fingers and apply onto hair. I have extra fine hair that doesn't hold AT ALL and this did the job: adding texture to hair for the whole the day. The best thing about it was that it leaves a matte finish which i love as i hate glossy fudge/gel which add oil to already oily hair. I use mix this with aveda now and they work perfectly. Fragrance can be a bit strong but fades.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2005 11:52:00 AM More reviews by fdfasfd

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Wonderful product. I have longish (a few inches past my shoulders), very layered (some are an inch long, some are 10 inches, and TONS of them!) hair that requires some sort of wax to shape it and bring out texture and wave. I was using the Sumowax and it weighed down my hair/made it limp, made it greasy and sticky, and it was a 50/50 chance as to a good or bad hair day. With the Sumotech, it smells great (IMO. A tiny bit strong and masculine, but I like it!), is about the same price+amount of product, isn't greasy at ALL, and made my hair perfect every time. One tiny gripe with it is that I do have to use more product than with the Sumowax so it is less cost-efficient, but I don't really care. In the jar and for the first few seconds it is really smooth and creamy, and then it become very sticky. After it stays in the hair for about a minute, it is no longer sticky. Kind of cool and weird, but whatever. It's a great product, I highly recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2005 4:10:00 PM More reviews by ifthe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is fantastic! I have long hair with medium curls and thickness. I use it mixed with a little defrizz if I want languid waves, or mixed with brilliantine if I want to go full on curly. It really helps to define and tame without being tacky or stiff.
Having long hair, I'm very prone to split ends. I find this helps to smooth them until I can get in for a trim.
The only thing this really didn't work for was slicking my hair back into a bun (I work in the food industry and wear my hair that way for convenience). The hold just isn't firm enough. I use Sumo Wax for that:)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2005 6:01:00 PM More reviews by loohoo44

I've had good luck with bumble products so far (to the chagrin of my wallet), and sumotech is no exception. I have fine, thick hair (fine hair but lots of it) and I recently got a very layered, slightly-longish bob, and I use this to piece it out after blowdrying. I use a tiny bit, rub it vigorously in my palms to warm it up, and rake it through my hair with my fingers. Perfect, separated, non-greasy layers with a small amount of hold and memory. The ultimate for me was taking off my motorcycle helmet and being able to fluff up my hair almost back to my original style--bye bye helmet head! I don't notice the smell, and the screw-top jar is fine for this type of product, although I can see it might be hard to get the last bits of product out, the jar is kind of deep. I also like to mix this with a few drops of defrizz sometimes if my hair feels dry. Put both products in your palms and rub until they emulsify. I paid $21 for 1.5 oz at a salon.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2005 2:32:00 PM More reviews by diggity

This is a nice finishing product.I like the smell - it's sort of a light men's cologne smell (like the Redken Clear Moisture line). It's a lightweight waxy pomade that works great for piecing the ends of hair or adding texture to a layered style. You can also warm it up with a hair dryer first and this makes it a little more liquidy and easy to distribute.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2005 7:09:00 PM More reviews by lanae87

Finally a product that I like by B&B! This is a very moldable styling paste/wax. It gives my fine hair body and lift, and I like how I can piece out my ends with this. You only need a tiny amount, so the jar will last a long time.