September 17, 2014 | 1803 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Blot Powder - Medium/Dark

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2012 3:19:00 PM More reviews by MaxFun

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

As many other people on here, I was surprised that the SA reccomended the medium/dark one for me (i'm an NC15), but when she applied it, it looked nice, so i bought it.
I don't only use it for blotting, but also for setting my foundation in the morning. It works very well and I feel it evens out my skintone a bit too, but I don't see a huge difference to cheaper products.
I like the packaging though and it is convenient to use on the go.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2012 1:12:00 PM More reviews by estha425

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Because of my oily skin, I have always tried to stay away from liquid foundations since they only worsen my oilyness. So, I've tried to replace liquid foundation with powder foundation, but it didn't provide the amount of coverage a liquid foundation would have. Also, it wouldn't stop me from becoming oily throughout the day so I would always need to reapply which was very annoying. So, after some cosmetic investigation, I came down to the MAC blot powder and the MUFE HD powder for foundation setting purposes. I ended up going with the cheaper alternative (which isn't even that cheap considering that it's only a blot powder). I honestly DO NOT regret purchasing this product. It's been working brilliantly with my skin. It works great for setting my liquid foundation. It somehow keeps my face less oily, but still requires another reapplying for the 2nd half of the day. I definitely feel my makeup staying on longer than it ever has. I highly recommend this product to people who have oily skin. I also love that this powder can be used without foundation for a natural look on a lazy day. The weird thing about this product is that I bought it in medium/dark when I'm between NC25-30. Weird, but whatever works, right? It's pretty translucent that the shade shouldn't even matter..

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2012 3:37:00 PM More reviews by frezgirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this to set my makeup. it works fine and i like that its translucent and doesnt give colour. It is pricey though. MAC is becoming very conceided. $28 for a pressed powder is pricey.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2011 8:26:00 PM More reviews by xAutumnBabyx

Prior to purchasing MAC's blot powder, L'oreal's Magic Perfecting Base Primer tamed my oily skin while wearing foundation & powder- and to this day, I cannot live without it. The reason I tried blot powder was because I still wanted an extra mattifying product in my routine, and appyling this before my MAC Studio Fix powder has not only prolonged my foundation's lasting power even more- but I virtually never have to touch up anything anymore- even my nose, which still got a little shiny by 6 hours of wear with the L'oreal Primer. I cannot say how much easier life is without having to always blot my face, and worried that my foundation has gotton cakey. I can go all day without having to worry about any shine. I do admit, my skin isn't as oily as in my teens- but at 22, it still slightly was & now with MAC's Blot powder & L'oreal's Perfecting Base- I can wear any foundation, powder or concealer and they last :) ..... With Blot Powder, its very important to purchase the correct color. When I first tried this 3 years ago, I picked it up in Medium (to light for my NC25 skin) .... & I hated this product- Medium Dark is perfect! I adore this product :) I just wish there was more, I find I went thru my first compact quite quickly- if only it had the same Grams as Studio Fix, it would be perfect. a great Drugstore Dupe for this is the Hard Candy 'Welcome Matte' Powder- its a great alternative if MAC face products break you out.

*UPDATE*

I have come to realize that if you want your makeup to last all day with this, you have to apply this before any other powder. For the past few days, I reversed this method and began using my Prestige powder first, then lightly applying blot powder over it- and i've been getting oily after 5 hours, if I apply blot first- I don't have to touchup for about 7-8 hours tops.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2011 11:42:00 AM More reviews by Lomelindi

Ooooh, I'm pleasantly surprised by this powder! It's GREAT for those of us with oily skin, but I'm not sure if it would provide any advantages for those with dryer skin types so I guess I'm only recommending this for oilies. (For reference, I'm NC25 (NC30 in the summer) and I match Medium/Dark, which is... bizarre if you ask me, but I guess I won't complain.)

Basically, this powder instantly gets rid of oily shines while also airbrushing your skin. It's great for setting foundations and for touch ups, and the sleek packaging makes it great for keeping in your purse or in your office. I do like applying it with a big fluffy brush because I don't like the circular pad that it comes with. Like with all powders, I don't think you should overapply this powder because it may give you flakey skin, but you only need a little with every application.

Personally, I think it's a bit overpriced, but I haven't found another powder that controls oil as well, so I will willingly shell out the money until I find something cheaper. (Unlikely.)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2011 10:56:00 AM More reviews by NhancedBeauty

Oily Tzone? Very oily Tzone? Slightly Oily Tzone? This is a miracle worker! I apply some of this after i've done all my make up and it goves a lovely matte look (which i love) and prevents me from getting oily constantly. I tend to not blot at all or blot once in an 8-9hr period. How great is that. I have combo skin and a SUPER oily nose. You could fry chips on it. (ew) Not anymore though! I love you Blot powder my little livefesaver :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2011 2:46:00 AM More reviews by decoydream

I'm practically rejoicing right now because a product has finally lived up to the hype! I have the most oily, acne scarred and porous skin that greases up within mere minutes of applying make up (no joke, my face is so oily i can see it reflecting off relatively matte surfaces in the mall), so boy am i glad that this works a treat! I was of course dubious when i first purchased this as i haven't been too pleased with MAC products in the past. My sister had bought their foundations and powders before and it just doesn't look "right" and appears to be a bit orangey and seperated as the day goes on. But luckily, this powder doesn't. While it is called 'medium/dark', it still looks entirely natural on my NC 20/ no.52 in Bourjois Healthy mix skin. No, it didn't minimise my pores but i didn't expect it to. To be honest, i'm just glad that it does what it says - reduces oil! Even though it's on the 'pricey' side ($36 AUS) for a poor uni student like me, its well worth it if i don't have to fret about my oil slicked face all day! Good job MAC! :)
EDIT: keep your application tools in mind. The oil kept at bay when i used a kabuki brush but then my face became a oil slick when i used a small powder brush! Figure out what's best for you!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2011 6:27:00 PM More reviews by danakay5

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love love this blot powder!! i have tried soo many different bands and by far this leaves toy face so pretty after you apply after foundation. Ad that says alot considering i have oily skin =/ so its soooo worth the price!! even my boyfriend noticed the difference =)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2011 8:18:00 AM More reviews by Bulbasaur

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

HG product for me! My skin is very light (NW15) and really oily on my nose/lower forehead/chin. I use this over my foundation or BB cream and this sets it so well. I just LOVE the matte finish it leaves on my skin. It doesn't look fake or like you have a mask. I don't really care for the puff, I use a brush for the application. It is a little pricey (27.50$CAD), but I don't see finishing this powder anytime soon so it's definitely an investment!
The color medium-dark is perfect for my fairly light skin and I don't see myself using any other lighter color.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2011 2:18:00 PM More reviews by garagegirl022

I love this powder!! It gets rid of shine without looking cakey or chalky. Plus I think the MAC compact is super stylish for all you fashionistas out there!!