MAC Blot Powder - Medium/Dark

4.4

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is my HG pressed powder. Excellent at keeping my skin matte when used over foundation. The packaging is nice and simple. I've been using this for about 10 years and will continue to repurchase for sure.

I actually got this as an exchange when returning mineralize skin finish natural in medium which looked really pink on me. They didn't have the light-plus shade in msfn which I read is better suited to my skin tone (NC20-25), so I went for blot powder instead. SO GLAD that I did. I live in 40C (over 100F) heat and humidity and I have very oily skin as it is. This is an absolute godsend. I wear it on it's own over my moisturizer with a bit of blush. I got it in medium/dark. This shade looks great on me, and even though it doesn't deposit much color onto the skin it somehow evens me out and makes me look about 5 years younger and really fresh. It doesn't dry my skin out or cause flakiness, even though I use it over a hardcore oil-control moisturizer (which wasn't doing the job on it's own - that's how oily I am). It also blurs out my massive pores. It's truly amazing and I absolutely recommend it to anyone with oily skin.

I bought this powder & used it since last month. And my opinion about this powder is that..

I absolutely-lutely-lutely-lutely LOVE it! It works like wonders ;)
I use it before I apply my MSFN Powder in Medium Plus, it seriously controls my oils very well! Just one more touch up & the rest of the day I'm good. There was NO other product like this one. I will be buying this again after I run out :)

I love this powder! This is my new HG. This powder controls oil better than anything else I've ever tried. The medium-dark matched my skin tone the best. I tested the oil control/lasting power of my makeup by wearing this to work from morning until night. It was AMAZING. My face stayed oil free for pretty much the whole day (about 8 hours) without any touch ups. After about 8 hours, very little shine was glowing through. But, it wasn't a nasty oily shine, it was more like a nice, natural dewyness...which I don't mind at all & I actually prefer it. This even made my blush last a lot longer too. I'm impressed. This did NOT make me look orange either, which is a MAJOR deal breaker for me. The only thing I will say is that this will make you look cakey if you use too much, which can easily be done without realizing at first. I would also reccommend that you go one color up than usual. I bought this in the color Medium the first time, & it ended up being way too light for my skin, so I had to exchange it for Medium-Dark. So, this isn't completely translucent. Even though this is expensive, ($23 to be exact), I will still keep buying this. This powder is perfect for me. I also used Matte FX by Cover FX, & I like this one way better. The sponge this comes with isn't the best way to apply this. A brush works way better, & makes my face look airbrushed in conjuction with this powder. Highly Reccommend.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm on like the 4th or the 5th compact of this.
I'm NC 30 and med/dark is perfect for me.
This is one of those products that I always have in my collection. I apply this all over my face with a big fluffy brush after foundation application and it sets everything and takes all the shin away.
My favourite pressed powder!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This is one of my staples! Works without feeling heavy or messing up your blush or concealer. Also, it lasts forever and is a great price. It does not do enough to be used as your only face powder, but is great for a mid day or night time touch up. Lasts for hours!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

As many other people on here, I was surprised that the SA reccomended the medium/dark one for me (i'm an NC15), but when she applied it, it looked nice, so i bought it.
I don't only use it for blotting, but also for setting my foundation in the morning. It works very well and I feel it evens out my skintone a bit too, but I don't see a huge difference to cheaper products.
I like the packaging though and it is convenient to use on the go.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Because of my oily skin, I have always tried to stay away from liquid foundations since they only worsen my oilyness. So, I've tried to replace liquid foundation with powder foundation, but it didn't provide the amount of coverage a liquid foundation would have. Also, it wouldn't stop me from becoming oily throughout the day so I would always need to reapply which was very annoying. So, after some cosmetic investigation, I came down to the MAC blot powder and the MUFE HD powder for foundation setting purposes. I ended up going with the cheaper alternative (which isn't even that cheap considering that it's only a blot powder). I honestly DO NOT regret purchasing this product. It's been working brilliantly with my skin. It works great for setting my liquid foundation. It somehow keeps my face less oily, but still requires another reapplying for the 2nd half of the day. I definitely feel my makeup staying on longer than it ever has. I highly recommend this product to people who have oily skin. I also love that this powder can be used without foundation for a natural look on a lazy day. The weird thing about this product is that I bought it in medium/dark when I'm between NC25-30. Weird, but whatever works, right? It's pretty translucent that the shade shouldn't even matter..

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I use this to set my makeup. it works fine and i like that its translucent and doesnt give colour. It is pricey though. MAC is becoming very conceided. $28 for a pressed powder is pricey.

Prior to purchasing MAC's blot powder, L'oreal's Magic Perfecting Base Primer tamed my oily skin while wearing foundation & powder- and to this day, I cannot live without it. The reason I tried blot powder was because I still wanted an extra mattifying product in my routine, and appyling this before my MAC Studio Fix powder has not only prolonged my foundation's lasting power even more- but I virtually never have to touch up anything anymore- even my nose, which still got a little shiny by 6 hours of wear with the L'oreal Primer. I cannot say how much easier life is without having to always blot my face, and worried that my foundation has gotton cakey. I can go all day without having to worry about any shine. I do admit, my skin isn't as oily as in my teens- but at 22, it still slightly was & now with MAC's Blot powder & L'oreal's Perfecting Base- I can wear any foundation, powder or concealer and they last :) ..... With Blot Powder, its very important to purchase the correct color. When I first tried this 3 years ago, I picked it up in Medium (to light for my NC25 skin) .... & I hated this product- Medium Dark is perfect! I adore this product :) I just wish there was more, I find I went thru my first compact quite quickly- if only it had the same Grams as Studio Fix, it would be perfect. a great Drugstore Dupe for this is the Hard Candy 'Welcome Matte' Powder- its a great alternative if MAC face products break you out.

*UPDATE*

I have come to realize that if you want your makeup to last all day with this, you have to apply this before any other powder. For the past few days, I reversed this method and began using my Prestige powder first, then lightly applying blot powder over it- and i've been getting oily after 5 hours, if I apply blot first- I don't have to touchup for about 7-8 hours tops.

Recommended for Normal Skin