September 16, 2014 | 1841 users online

Fragrances - Annick Goutal - Eau De Charlotte

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2007 1:11:00 AM More reviews by SunnyBono

Love the berry and cocoa notes. It does remind me of a getting inside after a chilly day, but the sweetness makes me think of summer nights with cherry ice cream and first love.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2007 5:33:00 PM More reviews by girlmixalot

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got a sample of the EdT and could'n't stop sniffing my wrist. It starts of pretty "herby", camomille, hay, fennel or something. But after about 10min it settles to something oh so very beautiful. I smell vanilla, red fruits and chocolate. I bought the EdP, which is just the same just stronger. I receive so many compliments...crazy.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2007 10:43:00 AM More reviews by eadinsmo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm not an expert on perfume notes, but even I can detect the chocolate in this one. I believe the SA said something about vanilla, but I can't smell it. And I hope I don't, because my husband has vetoed every perfume I've tried with detectable vanilla.

This seems to me more like a cold-weather fragrance; couldn't say why. As I said in my review of Eau d'Hadrien, I might order the EDPs because the staying power of the EDT just isn't great. And I'm fine with that in the summertime, actually. In warm weather, I'd rather have to re-apply than risk overdoing it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2007 8:28:00 PM More reviews by stephhamilton

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I did kind of like this but I am beginning to think i am really only a fresh/citrus fragrance type of person (with only the odd foray into florals!), it was just a bit too powdery and sweet for me to want to wear all the time. It did have great staying power and after about 8 hours i really loved the way it smelt on me, but not enough to buy again or to put up with the first hour where i found it a little overpowering!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2007 7:17:00 PM More reviews by Ciciban

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've sampled this many times over the past year and I have yet to understand it. I'm not quite sure where the berry notes are hiding but perhaps some day that too will dawn on me. My initial thoughts on Eau De Charlotte were not favourable at all - I really didn't like it one bit in fact. But, then again, I suppose I was just expecting to smell real berries (even a hint would be something and fine with me), and cocoa too, but I got none of those notes. What I did get however and still smell here is a fine, dry hey note, and now lately I get a touch of powdery cocoa --- ahhh this is drying into something remarkably beautiful, to me, but those notes just don't make any sense. The longer I wear it, the more I love it... FBW? Not sure just yet! But when I find out, I'll update this reaview.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2007 3:36:00 AM More reviews by frucht_tasche

I am not very trained in describing fragrance notes, but I instinctively fell in love with eau de charlotte. I find it very unique. It's very very pretty but not boring (maybe because of cocoa?). For me, it's not too foody, and not too sweet. Perfect for chilly spring days. I purchased the EDT but after reading reviews here, I'm regretting that I didn't get EDP (my perfumery had both). The staying power of EDT is not great at all (almost no sillage, thus -1 lippie) & I'm going through the bottle really fast.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2007 10:24:00 AM More reviews by jadeesq

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have a hard time distinguishing the notes, but it's definitely powdery on me vs. gourmand/foody! The lasting power of the edp is WONDERFUL!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2007 9:22:00 AM More reviews by julie_madame

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Received a sample of this from an e-tailer, and am glad I tried it. I agree with all the other reviewers re the "biscuits and jam" notes. I normally don't like foody scents at all, but this isn't cloying or artificial smelling. Not an everyday fragrance for me, but I could seem myself reaching for this on my way out to a brunch or Saturday morning breakfast at home. Light and lovely...just like the name.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2007 9:58:00 AM More reviews by hellolizzie3

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This scent is heaven. I love it. I have been wearing it off and on for about 10 years. I don't wear it everyday, I guess I have to be in the mood for it because it is not always my go-to fragrance (i like a variety) but I will always keep this as a classic favorite. The combo of the berries & chocolate is lovely and somehow comforting.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2006 12:13:00 PM More reviews by poppypixie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Yummy! I've always wanted a scent that smells...different, and this is it. I'm no fragrance expert but I would agree with previous reviews for a description of how this smells. Sort of old fashioned and alcohol-y to begin wih but dries down to a slightly fruity, slightly creamy scent. Gorgeous. Plus, my name's Charlotte! I only found out about it because I typed my name into Productville and these reviews came up. I just had to smell it and now I love it!