September 16, 2014 | 1811 users online

Shampoo - Kerastase - Bain de Force

rated 3 of 5 on 7/11/2012 1:09:00 PM More reviews by lsquires12

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I know there are many people who swear by Kerastase products, but I don't get the hype. My hairdresser harped on me for years before I finally broke down and tried them. I have dry, coarse hair and damage from heat styling, so I alternated between the Bain de Force/Ciment Anti-Usure (to repair) and the Bain Satin 2/Masquintense (for moisture/deep conditioning), plus the Nectar Thermique before heat styling. After a few weeks the condition of my hair was worse. It felt dry, looked dry, and had more split ends than before. My hairdresser suggested that I switch to the Bain Nutri-Thermique and Fondant Nutri-Thermique, plus the Masquintense for deep conditioning. The results with that combination are a little bit better, but I'm still not sure it's worth all the hype.

Since this review is specifically for the Bain de Force shampoo, I'll take a moment to review that. It lathers well and has a nice scent, but that's about it. It's hard to say whether or not it actually repaired my hair, but it sure didn't seem like it. For $36 for an 8-oz. bottle, I expect more. I'll use it here and there until I finish the bottle, but I won't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2012 10:16:00 AM More reviews by Kimberlyj33110

Incredible. I have been eyeing this line for awhile, since Bain 1/ Lait Vital in the Kerastase Nutritive didn't work for me (YUCK, THE SMELL!!!). I am not the typical Resistance candidate. My hair is not severely damaged, but damaged enough to where i saw a huge difference the first time i used this. I only use a temporary color every couple of months, and heat style a little everyday (wash/blow-dry every other day, run my curling wand though; touch ups here and there with my curling wand on days I don't wash my hair). You only need a little bit. Even before conditioner, you can almost feel all the rough spots in your hair "filling in". Paired with the conditioner, this is the best shampoo/conditioner I have ever used. But you would think for the price it would have a flip cap...$2 drugstore shampoos have them, so what's up with that, lol?

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2012 3:35:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

This is probably the most expensive hair care product I've used thus far in my life. That said, I do like it a lot, but I'm not sure it's "the one". While washing my hair, I swear this shampoo thickens up my hair because it feels really plump. It doesn't leave my hair as tangled as it usually does post-shampoo, but I still need a conditioner afterwards. I use Ciment Thermique as my leave-in treatment, and my hair is shiny and soft. I also like the light refreshing scent. Unless I find something I like better than this, I'd repurchase! For reference, I have thin, slightly wavy hair that's halfway down my back.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2012 5:51:00 AM More reviews by Boroshok

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This shampoo which made me faithful. Yes yes, I was a terrible cheater before: I could never stop with one shampoo. I was trying one and moving to the next one, the next one, the next one, until I tried this one:

You try it once, and you fell in love with it. It makes your hair shiny, manageable and soft already after the first use. I ALWAYS get compliments when I use it: "Have you dyed your hair?", "Have you made a new haircut?", "Your hair is gorgeous! How do you do this?", etc. etc.

So, here are my cons and pros about it:
Pros:
- makes your hair so shiny, you will be getting tones of compliments;
- nice smell (ok, the smell is a matter of preference, but I do like the smell of Bain de Force): for me it smells very fresh and delicate;
- makes my split ends much less visible, so I have my hair looking much healthier.
Cons:
- it is on expensive side: I usually pay 17-20 euro for 250 ml;
- doesn't last long for my waist long hair. I finish one bottle of 250 ml a month.

If you are interested on more beauty reviews, check my beauty blog: http://best-makeup-review.blogspot.com/

rated 1 of 5 on 3/31/2012 2:56:00 AM More reviews by ckn23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Using this, along with Ciment Anti-usure, destroyed my hair. I can't be sure which it was, because I stopped using both after a month, at the same time.

My hair went stretchy. Seriously. It would break so easily, I couldn't even comb it. I was scared I was going bald. I have very very fine hair, so I guess it was just too drying for my hair type. Never again for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/27/2012 12:57:00 PM More reviews by Jadeke

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really hate this shampoo! It doesn't even clean your hair, but just leaves it feeling filthy and gross. I don't know why my hair hates it so much, but I'll never use it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2012 2:48:00 AM More reviews by awwreeawnuh

I love this shampoo!!! I am 20 years old with a normal amount of medium density, wavy hair. My hair has always had a habit of falling out a bit, but in the past year my hair kicked this habit into overdrive, as my hair grew weak and began breaking off entirely too frequently. Needless to say, this loss of hair through breakage was effecting my overall volume and made my hair seem more and more flat over time. Since using this bain de force and anti usure i have seen significant decrease in hair loss. What was once clumps of hair every shower and brush is now 3 hairs at the most! Amazing.
Another benefit i have noticed about this product is the overall manageability and behavior of my hair. I am a person who used to AVOID brushing my hair because doing so would cause mass poofyness and a lack of definition in any waves i had. It has bee 2 months since i began using these products and i no longer fear brushing my hair. In fact, I now find brushing my hair a rather enjoyable experience, it is simply something i have never been able to do before wihtout looking like a ball of fluff.
I have never been so impressed by any hair products. I love this line so much that i intend on purchasing other lines for myself as well as my mother. I recommend this to everyone I know who is serious about their hair.

** I will say, while my hair does behave significantly better and displays an overall improved texture, shine and softness are a bit lacking. It is not enough to break my views on this product, but rather purchase a leave in conditioner or alternative conditioner to alternate or even a masque. **

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2012 11:00:00 AM More reviews by aldrinmoore

i purchased this the conditioner, the heat styling one and the volume mouse and i love them.My hair is def in better condition from using this brand.am def going to keep on buying it when i run out

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2012 2:11:00 PM More reviews by LucySnow

Lovely, gentle shampo. Worked great on my dry, medium-fine, colored hair followed up with Ciment Anti-Usure for a condish and Ciment Thermique for styling. My favorite Kérastase shampoo.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2012 7:21:00 AM More reviews by Katty

I have the 250ml (8.5 fl.oz) bottle of this product. It is intended for weakened and damaged hair (Erosion Level 1-2). Here is a link to the Kerastase website to identify your level of hair erosion: http://www.kerastase.com/sites/_en/_ca/minisites/force/diagnostic.aspx
This shampoo and conditioner (which I will review separately) are my favourite Kerastase products, out of the six I have. Before I began using this a week ago, I did not think a shampoo could make a noticable difference in the appearance and condition of my hair. I have fine, blond, shoulder-length hair and I thought this would be too heavy for my hair type. It definitely is not. I can even go an extra day without shampooing when I use this product; my fine hair does not look greasy the next day after washing. I do shampoo, condition and heat style my hair everyday even though I should not.
This shampoo is creamy but light at the same time. It is truly a luxury each time I use it. I wet my hair until it is well saturated, dispense a loonie-sized amount (Canadians will know what I mean) and lather my hair. I let the shampoo sit in my hair for 1-2 minutes before rinsing out in order to infuse my hair with all of the reinforcing and resurfacing benefits. I condition my hair with the complimenting treatment (conditioner). My hair is easier to comb out after I have used this shampoo, thus preventing more breakage. After I blow dry my hair (using other Kerastase products which I will also review - Ciment Thermique), it feels so silky and looks incredibly shiny, but not weighed down. I would highly recommend this shampoo to anyone who heat styles, colours or highlights their hair.