October 24, 2014 | 1739 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Aveeno - Intense Relief Hand Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2012 8:35:00 PM More reviews by Nadia2r

great hand moisturizer for people who tend to wash their hands a lot
i love it

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2012 6:20:00 AM More reviews by sonya19

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

A fantastic handcream. I've tried many brands, including designer/expensive ones and this is the best. It's non-greasy. The more I try fancy branded and scented hand and body creams, the more I return to the basic ones like Aveeno, finding these by far the best. The standard Aveeno lotion for body use is also amazing.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2012 1:35:00 AM More reviews by TheTruth1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Will repurchase again and again. I'm obsessed with hand creams and this is the best one I have bought. It does not leave my hands greasy and it definitely leaves my hands softer and smoother looking.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2012 1:07:00 AM More reviews by tabercat

I bought this product after it recieved the best of Allure award 2011. I had been using the L'occitane shea butter handcream which has alot of hype as the best hand cream and has won numerous awards over the years. I really like both. The Aveeno is just as good as the L'occitane but different. The Aveeno is completely non-greasy and is way cheaper than L'occitane. L'occitane has more of a smooth feel going on and is more slippery if that makes sense. It also doesn't sink quite as quickly. The Aveeno cream disappears as soon as you rub it in. The L'occitane is definitely more moisturizing in the traditional sense when you think of a lotion but I wouldn't call it greasy as it does absorb completely. The Aveeno does not leave the hand feeling smooth and soft, just quenched. In short, the L'occitane is more luxurious, leaving supple feeling hands and even comes in many scents, but the Aveeno is a truely greaseless, moisturizing, unique workhorse. Both do the job wonderfully, it just depends what you are looking for.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2012 9:47:00 AM More reviews by italiana800

I've been using this hand cream for 2 years. I have hand eczema, but when I wear lotion on my hands you wouldn't even be able to tell I have it. I went to my dermatologist when I first started to discover my hands being overly dry (which was about 3 years ago). He prescribed hand lotions from Cera ve & some others. NONE of them worked. So, I was determined to find my own solution to this problem. I came across this hand cream & bought it. To make a long story short, this cream saved my hands, especially from winters. I'm so happy I found this. It's expensive, but you can find this at walmart, target, cvs, & walgreens. My hands look as if nothing ever happened to them. This stuff is amazing. You must be consistent with wearing this though. For the price, the bottle should be bigger. I go through this cream like crazy. This is unscented & is very gentle for sensitive skin. I now use Aveeno's eczema therapy cream, which is $10, but comes in a big bottle that is twice the size of this one. & that one works just as well as this one. This isn't a greasy hand cream, but it's still very moisturizing. I have absoloutley nothing bad to say about this cream. I highly reccommend this to anyone who suffers from any kind of skin allergies or irritations. This is a must have. Thank you Aveeno:)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2012 9:24:00 AM More reviews by pat61

i suffer from severe dermatitis on both my hands and arms. my GP has prescribed three different doses of Diprosone ointment/cream to help with the redness, itching and swelling. I have also changed all my skin care and body care products all to natural, but still, no use. Until my mum purchased this for me, at first, i thought it wasnt working, but when i dont use it, my dermatitis would get worse. with continue use, my dermatits got A LOT BETTER, appearance wise and it doesnt hurt anymore. THIS IS A LIFE SAVER for me, i'm not even lying nor exaggerating. If you have dermatitis and are sick of it, this is a must try! i guarantee you! im one happy camper with this product :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2012 1:49:00 AM More reviews by KerryGold

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Grey, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I suffer from dermatitis on one thumb, which in recent times has spread, so I was desperate to find something to halt its progress. Having tried hydrocortisone cream and many over-the-counter "natural" relief and remedy lotions, this is the one that truly makes a difference.

Aveeno Intense Relief Hand Cream is a non-greasy, easily absorbed gel-like lotion that soothes and improves irritated, dry, cracked skin. Despite its supposedly not washing off, I always reapply it after I've washed my hands, and this is keeping the dermatitis well under control, which is the best that can be asked of this pesky skin condition.

Along with using this, I'm very careful about washing with a non-irritating cream or liquid soap whenever possible and drying my hands thoroughly. I also avoid any potentially irritating substances or, if I can't, I wear cotton-lined gloves for protection.

If I'm out and unable to reach for my Aveeno, I find rubbing a plain lip balm onto my thumb a good emergency measure, albeit a far greasier one.

Do try this if you're at your wits' end. I hope it works well for you too.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/7/2011 12:00:00 PM More reviews by nabs07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is one of my go to handcreams during the cold Canadian winter months..this saves my hands! I get winter eczema on my hands and this does a good job of taming down the redness and prevents future irritation.

I do not find this helps with extremely dry skin, but nor does this cream claim to fix/repair dry skin. but i am on the look out for one that does. In the meantime I will continue to use this and will repurchase. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2011 2:07:00 PM More reviews by kupo_baby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

For too long I've ignored my hands. I usually have quite a bit of dryness in the area between my thumb and index finger. I finally decided to make an effort to change that.
I picked this up after reading many reviews. The Eucerin also had good reviews but I guess it has AHAs or something which can leave your skin more vulnerable to sun damage. Since I have extremely fair skin & don't want any more unnecessary aging on my hands, went with the Aveeno.
This product doesn't have a strong smell, it soaks in quickly and works well. It doesn't really last through hand washing but I guess thats ok.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2011 1:33:00 AM More reviews by mmary

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is such a find. Provides instant relief, absorbs without any tackiness, softens and smooths skin immediately. Truly fragrance free, and the benefits seem to last, especially when I use daily. Wish the tube was "prettier", but works so well, is so affordable and has such good ingredients. Beats every other brand I've tried, and it feels like I've tried them all, including the pricy ones. Hope it's never discontinued. No gimmicks, just results.