Aveeno Intense Relief Hand Cream

4.3

Water, Glycerin, Distearyldimonium Chloride, Petrolatum, Isopropyl Palmitate, Cetyl Alcohol, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Dimethicone, Avena Sativa Kernel Flour (oat), Benzyl Alcohol, Sodium Chloride.

on 1/8/2013 10:45:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

GREAT product. The packaging claims that this cream acts as a glove to hold in moisture and protect your skin, even after handwashing. As for acting like a glove - it totally does. It goes on a bit tacky, but absorbs quickly. My hands don't feel sticky at all, but very soft.

I now live in New Brunswick, which has super harsh, dry winters. My hands, after handwashing and weather, becomes very dry and more prone to paper cuts! This cream is really effective.

Additionally, I find that this is helping with a little eczema that has developed on an eyelid. It's a bit pricey for a tube, but it is a very, very effective hand/dry skin cream.

Update (Sep 22, 2013): My baby developed patches of eczema on his cheeks and instead of buying the baby eczema treatment from Aveeno, I dabbed a bit of this on the affected areas and they clear up every time! Mind you, the eczema does come back occasionally, but it clears up once I use this hand cream. It is a bit pricey, but a little bit goes a long way...and has multiple uses!

on 12/28/2012 2:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

My Intensive Relief lotion from Aveeno is a bit different. It's called "Skin Relief Hand Cream: Intense Moisture" and has blue accents on the tube instead of purple. I love it. It's so hard for me to find a fragrance free lotion that will help heal my hands during the winter. My hands crack, bleed, and generally hurt during the cold season, but this lotion prevents all that. Love it. Never irritates my skin. The one thing I would warn you of is that the tube looks like it contains a lot more hand cream than it actually does.

on 11/5/2012 4:30:00 AM

New name: Aveeno active naturals skin relief intensive moisture. Exactly the same ingredients as the old one.

I absolutely love this! I used to use the eucerin intensive hand cream, but I hated the greasy feeling. Not this one though, it absorbs right quick and doesn't feel heavy. It's fragrance free which is another plus (I'm sensitive to strong scents). All in all I would buy this again.

on 10/22/2012 8:35:00 PM

great hand moisturizer for people who tend to wash their hands a lot
i love it

on 10/8/2012 6:20:00 AM

A fantastic handcream. I've tried many brands, including designer/expensive ones and this is the best. It's non-greasy. The more I try fancy branded and scented hand and body creams, the more I return to the basic ones like Aveeno, finding these by far the best. The standard Aveeno lotion for body use is also amazing.

on 3/17/2012 1:35:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Will repurchase again and again. I'm obsessed with hand creams and this is the best one I have bought. It does not leave my hands greasy and it definitely leaves my hands softer and smoother looking.

on 3/5/2012 1:07:00 AM

I bought this product after it recieved the best of Allure award 2011. I had been using the L'occitane shea butter handcream which has alot of hype as the best hand cream and has won numerous awards over the years. I really like both. The Aveeno is just as good as the L'occitane but different. The Aveeno is completely non-greasy and is way cheaper than L'occitane. L'occitane has more of a smooth feel going on and is more slippery if that makes sense. It also doesn't sink quite as quickly. The Aveeno cream disappears as soon as you rub it in. The L'occitane is definitely more moisturizing in the traditional sense when you think of a lotion but I wouldn't call it greasy as it does absorb completely. The Aveeno does not leave the hand feeling smooth and soft, just quenched. In short, the L'occitane is more luxurious, leaving supple feeling hands and even comes in many scents, but the Aveeno is a truely greaseless, moisturizing, unique workhorse. Both do the job wonderfully, it just depends what you are looking for.

on 2/1/2012 9:47:00 AM

I've been using this hand cream for 2 years. I have hand eczema, but when I wear lotion on my hands you wouldn't even be able to tell I have it. I went to my dermatologist when I first started to discover my hands being overly dry (which was about 3 years ago). He prescribed hand lotions from Cera ve & some others. NONE of them worked. So, I was determined to find my own solution to this problem. I came across this hand cream & bought it. To make a long story short, this cream saved my hands, especially from winters. I'm so happy I found this. It's expensive, but you can find this at walmart, target, cvs, & walgreens. My hands look as if nothing ever happened to them. This stuff is amazing. You must be consistent with wearing this though. For the price, the bottle should be bigger. I go through this cream like crazy. This is unscented & is very gentle for sensitive skin. I now use Aveeno's eczema therapy cream, which is $10, but comes in a big bottle that is twice the size of this one. & that one works just as well as this one. This isn't a greasy hand cream, but it's still very moisturizing. I have absoloutley nothing bad to say about this cream. I highly reccommend this to anyone who suffers from any kind of skin allergies or irritations. This is a must have. Thank you Aveeno:)

on 2/1/2012 9:24:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

i suffer from severe dermatitis on both my hands and arms. my GP has prescribed three different doses of Diprosone ointment/cream to help with the redness, itching and swelling. I have also changed all my skin care and body care products all to natural, but still, no use. Until my mum purchased this for me, at first, i thought it wasnt working, but when i dont use it, my dermatitis would get worse. with continue use, my dermatits got A LOT BETTER, appearance wise and it doesnt hurt anymore. THIS IS A LIFE SAVER for me, i'm not even lying nor exaggerating. If you have dermatitis and are sick of it, this is a must try! i guarantee you! im one happy camper with this product :)

on 1/1/2012 1:49:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Grey, Straight, Medium

I suffer from dermatitis on one thumb, which in recent times has spread, so I was desperate to find something to halt its progress. Having tried hydrocortisone cream and many over-the-counter "natural" relief and remedy lotions, this is the one that truly makes a difference.

Aveeno Intense Relief Hand Cream is a non-greasy, easily absorbed gel-like lotion that soothes and improves irritated, dry, cracked skin. Despite its supposedly not washing off, I always reapply it after I've washed my hands, and this is keeping the dermatitis well under control, which is the best that can be asked of this pesky skin condition.

Along with using this, I'm very careful about washing with a non-irritating cream or liquid soap whenever possible and drying my hands thoroughly. I also avoid any potentially irritating substances or, if I can't, I wear cotton-lined gloves for protection.

If I'm out and unable to reach for my Aveeno, I find rubbing a plain lip balm onto my thumb a good emergency measure, albeit a far greasier one.

Do try this if you're at your wits' end. I hope it works well for you too.