November 28, 2014 | 1737 users online

Other - MAC - Back-2-MAC Recycling Program

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2013 8:31:00 PM More reviews by AntiqueGlitter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This program is absolutely fantastic.
If you turn in 6 empty MAC containers, you receive 1 free lipstick.
From my experience, the containers can be anything, from eyeshadow containers to compacts to lipstick tubes, except for eyeshadow pans (I see why: anyone can go buy an entire load of empty e/s pans online for super cheap and claim it's from MAC lol), and the lipsticks you receive cannot be Viva Glam, because Viva Glam is a fund-raising program, nor will they allow you to receive limited edition lipsticks.
From B2M, I've received some great lipsticks! I love this program!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2013 7:03:00 PM More reviews by dazzlelightxo

This program has a great concept overall but i feel like there are a couple flaws. The biggest problem i ran into was depotting. I depotted my shadows to put in my palette and then found out that some stores do not accept the pots without the pans inside. My original idea was to depot the shadows then back-2-mac the plastic containers. Luckily the store i went to was not paying attention and took in my pots. Some other stores do not accept this. other than that the program is great

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2012 9:41:00 PM More reviews by pretty_please

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I wish all lines would do this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2012 12:52:00 AM More reviews by nmhidi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

LOVE BACK 2 MAC!! I have sensitive lips, but luckily I live near plenty of MAC pro stores... so I am VERY HAPPY that I get to B2M for eye shadows! (if you go to a department store MAC counter you can only swap out for a lip stick)

And.. when you B2M for an eye shadow at a pro store, you get it in pan form... so you can just depot the shadow and BOOM! you're already on your way to having 5 more empties!

Great program to take advantage of.. sometimes it takes me a few months to save up enough empties.. but these take up such little room that I don't mind keeping them around

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2012 1:18:00 AM More reviews by anjelykah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I purchased a bunch of eyeshadows but once I learned about the MAC pro palette, I depotted them all. I've gotten 3 free lipsticks by returning empties! My local store (Bay area) does not check if the products are depotted and they took eyeshadow, powder, concealer and eyebrow pencil empties. I was given the choice of a lipstick (cannot be Viva glam or any other fundraising editions) or lip gloss.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2012 11:26:00 PM More reviews by mmherman

Love, love, love this program! I love that MAC recycles and that they reward their customers for doing it. It makes my day when I can take in my 6 empty containers and pick out a fun new lipstick. They have some of the best lipsticks, in my opinion. I believe you can trade in old containers for other products besides lipstick, but I want those lipsticks! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2012 9:35:00 PM More reviews by merekat703

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love the B2M program. 6 empties = 1 lipstick at the Macy's counter. But at a MAC store 6 empties= an eye shadow, lipgloss or lipstick. I usually wait until I am on vacation so I can go to the free standing MAC and get eyeshadows with my B2M. I have cashed in my empties over 10 times so far and love the program. Never had an issue with panless pots. Most MACs won't let you get a LE lipstick but if your close with your SA they will let it slid sometimes :)

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2012 8:30:00 PM More reviews by Tiptoemousey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I really think this program is very eco friendly I hate to throw away things it is nice I can bring it back and get a free lipstick I wish more company's did this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2012 8:10:00 PM More reviews by stls

Love this program, I can get only lipsticks but it's still great!
I got Syrup, Sea Sheer, Hug me, Sandy B, Pink Plaid, Cockney, Rebel, Russian Red, Cosmo and Diva this way and I had no problem with missing pans to date.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2012 6:30:00 AM More reviews by msmarielliejellie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This is an amazing program. I'm one away from handing in my 3rd exchange and 3rd lippie! I know there have been cases where the SAs wouldn't accept pan-less packages but where I had mine exchanged, no questions were asked. It was as simple as them getting the containers and me picking out my lipsticks. One thing though, they can't exchange your lipstick if you don't like the color or the product. But for getting it for free, there's no complaining.