October 30, 2014 | 1515 users online

Eyeliner - Laura Mercier - Tightline Cake Eye Liner in Bleu Marine

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2009 11:50:00 AM More reviews by Sophia1105

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Overall a decent product. I was looking for something softer than my Chanel la Ligne, which I adore and is my HG. The reviews drew me to this color. I love the color and would like to find a liquid in this tone. That said, having experience using the Chanel cake liner, this pales in comparison. It's an inconsistent consistency in color once wet. The cake absorbs alot of water or MU remover, which ever you choose, and the line often isn't as heavily pigmented as I'd like. Also, layering to achieve greater depth is a no-no as it seems to wipe the bottom layer off, so you're left with thin clear streaks throughout.

However, for a subtle look, this color and formula give me what I'm looking for. I'm very anti-color on my liners, and this is just the slightest shade of dark with a navy tinge, such that you can't tell it's blue, just makes the eyes look brighter without the harsh definition of a black.

Would repurchase, but only in this shade. Otherwise there's better options out there if you're looking for a black.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/1/2009 12:21:00 AM More reviews by ellewoodsin916

A LM MUA at a Nordstrom MU event used this on me by lining underneath the lash line. I never knew to do that before - it's changed my MU arsenal completely! :)

As for the review below re: being bad for sensitive skin, I was advised that LM discontinued the purple liner because there's something in the purple pigment (across all lines) that can irritate the eye. Because this product is designed to be used so close to the eye, as opposed to the lid area, they discontinued it just to be safe.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/28/2009 3:19:00 AM More reviews by blondinabluebird

Sorry, Ladies - but if you have sensitive skin, STAY AWAY from Laura Mercier.

Hey I just made a rhyme!

But seriously.. LM has some type of anti aging wrinkle eating ingredient that irritates the crap out my skin. I purchased some of their eye cream and this navy eyeliner and my eyes were red and itchy for about two weeks. I didn't wear any make up and I was so traumatized, I was afraid to put anything on my eyes ever again!!

I returned all of it and was given a full refund. I did keep the lipgloss I had purchased from them, and the eyeliner brush.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2009 6:47:00 PM More reviews by nuttycoconut

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been eyeing this for a while and finally got it in the eye color palette (on sale for $33.60 a great deal considering the liner by itself is $22). To apply this I dampened my stila flat liner brush and gently rubbed it in the cake, I then tapped it along my upper lash line kind of in between the lashes and a little above and then in the outer half of the lower lashes. This method gives a very natural lined look, it keeps the liner from being too thick. Also using a cake liner lets you control how intense you want the color to be, with a little more water you can give a softer look.
The color in the pan is a dark blue almost navy color. It is very subtle and pretty on. I've been trying to find blue liners I like since they are supposed to be pretty with brown eyes but I'm noticing many make me look tired. So far this and bobbi brown sapphire shimmer ink are the only two that are working for me.
I don't use this in the waterline but it's great for tightlining. It also lasts all day for me with no smudging.
If I ever run out of this (will be a very long time since you only really use a little at a time) I will repurchase even at full price.
I'm lm nude in tm and tender rose in mmu for reference

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2009 11:15:00 AM More reviews by catfight

I love love love this liner. Normally, I am all about gel liners but a MA converted me to this. The look of this liner is like a liquid liner but it doesnt smudge or fade at all. I also find it easier than gel liner to use and you can draw a really thin and precise line easily. I use this with an angled MAC brush (not 266 but i cant remember the # right now)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2008 8:48:00 PM More reviews by swolf123

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My first bad LM review. I really don't get these glowing reviews. Unlike the Ebony Cake liner, this one has Zero color payoff. I attempted many times with different brushes and different amounts of moisture; and still Nada. This could have been re formalized to suck, because the tester was just as bad in store. Anywho, I was still in search this week to find the perfect daytime blue liner, that would make my brown eyes pop. Found it after help from a Sephora SA. Smashbox Creme Eye Liner in Picasso, is more like it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2008 11:21:00 PM More reviews by ckamm1107

This is my HG eyeliner. I first bought this 6 years ago before my wedding and have bought it only a couple times since. But each time, I wonder why I don't buy it more - probably because it's $20. But I LOVE this eyeliner. Easy to apply (after instruction) and it stays on all day with no smearing.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2008 11:37:00 PM More reviews by klprice1

UPDATE: ok, so I spoke too soon and rated this a 2, but I love it now. I use the urban decay primer w/ this, and the racoon eyes are less of an issue. The color looks beautiful w/ my blue green eyes.

although the color is pretty, this didn't last and it made me look like i had racoon eyes. there are a bunch of long-wearing blue eyeliners that make my eyes pop just like this but they actually last.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/16/2008 8:52:00 AM More reviews by CamaroChick

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm a big fan of eyeliner and thought this looked like a gorgeous blue. Unfortunately, I couldn't get it to show up and stay very well. I tried it dry, wet with water, wet with Visine, but nothing seemed to work. I have to say I was very disappointed with this product. I just couldn't get the rich color payoff that I was looking for -- especially for a high end product. This ended up in the garbage.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2008 4:24:00 PM More reviews by kyasha

The best eyeliner I've used. I use one drop of Visine into the pot and swirl with my brush. At this point, I use Essence of Beauty synthetic eyeliner brush for tightlining. This process reminds me of watercolor painting when I was a child, but the effect is quite stunning. I had no idea eyeliner made such a difference with this product! I have used pencil eyeliners in the past, but this is much easier for me, and the color stays all day. The color is a gorgeous dark blue, but it looks like a softer shade of black. If I need to correct, I dab a q-tip in water and smudge the line away.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No