Laura Mercier Tightline Cake Eye Liner in Bleu Marine

4.6

NEW INGREDIENTS: Talc, Propylene Glycol, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Alcohol Denat., VP/VA Copolymer, Polyethylene, Magnesium Myristate, Zinc Stearate, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Alumina, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Tocopherol. May Contain ( /-): CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 7799 (Iron Oxides), CI 77742 (Manganese Violet), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide). OLD INGREDIENTS: Talc, Propylene Glycol, PVP/PA Copolymer, DEA-C8-18 Perfluoroalkylethyl Phosphate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Polyethylene, Magnesium Myristate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Zinc Stearate, Mineral Oil, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Iron Oxides (CI 77491). May contain: Ultramarines (CI 77007), Carmine (CI 75470), Manganese Violet (CI 77742).

on 9/27/2009 11:34:00 PM

i love this eyeliner! yes, it takes a bit of work (over my regular pencil-type eyeliners), what with having to wet the brush, swirl, etc... however the results are amazing! i use the flat eyeliner brush and dot it on the base of my lashes, and makes my eyelashes appear fuller! i'm asian, so my lashes are more sparse... also,i bought the blue, not black, on the advice of the sales rep, and the effects are great! i would definitely purchase this again.

on 9/22/2009 1:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have bought this fabulous gem twice, and believe me, it takes a long time to make a dent in it! I use Bleu Marine to tightline on a nearly daily basis. It hardly pulls blue at all, more like an eye-brightening soft black. I spray either water or MAC Fix + on my LM flat eyeliner brush (the best I've found) and tightline away. No other eye product makes me look as awake (or as young!). I also have LM Black Ebony cake eyeliner, but for some reason the Black one transfers when the Bleue one does not, go figure. For reference, I'm NC 20.

on 9/4/2009 8:19:00 AM

This is my HG day time eyeliner. It provides fantastic definition without being harsh and heavy. The bleu Marine is subtle and appears to smudge just upward of the lashes as if to look blended, yet it doesn't smudge to the point of racoon eyes. It is very pretty and my eyes really pop with this. It is completely mistake proof and such an easy application. I absolutely love this and am happy to wear eyeliner now!

on 7/14/2009 11:50:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Overall a decent product. I was looking for something softer than my Chanel la Ligne, which I adore and is my HG. The reviews drew me to this color. I love the color and would like to find a liquid in this tone. That said, having experience using the Chanel cake liner, this pales in comparison. It's an inconsistent consistency in color once wet. The cake absorbs alot of water or MU remover, which ever you choose, and the line often isn't as heavily pigmented as I'd like. Also, layering to achieve greater depth is a no-no as it seems to wipe the bottom layer off, so you're left with thin clear streaks throughout.

However, for a subtle look, this color and formula give me what I'm looking for. I'm very anti-color on my liners, and this is just the slightest shade of dark with a navy tinge, such that you can't tell it's blue, just makes the eyes look brighter without the harsh definition of a black.

Would repurchase, but only in this shade. Otherwise there's better options out there if you're looking for a black.

A LM MUA at a Nordstrom MU event used this on me by lining underneath the lash line. I never knew to do that before - it's changed my MU arsenal completely! :)

As for the review below re: being bad for sensitive skin, I was advised that LM discontinued the purple liner because there's something in the purple pigment (across all lines) that can irritate the eye. Because this product is designed to be used so close to the eye, as opposed to the lid area, they discontinued it just to be safe.

Sorry, Ladies - but if you have sensitive skin, STAY AWAY from Laura Mercier.

Hey I just made a rhyme!

But seriously.. LM has some type of anti aging wrinkle eating ingredient that irritates the crap out my skin. I purchased some of their eye cream and this navy eyeliner and my eyes were red and itchy for about two weeks. I didn't wear any make up and I was so traumatized, I was afraid to put anything on my eyes ever again!!

I returned all of it and was given a full refund. I did keep the lipgloss I had purchased from them, and the eyeliner brush.

on 4/12/2009 6:47:00 PM

I've been eyeing this for a while and finally got it in the eye color palette (on sale for $33.60 a great deal considering the liner by itself is $22). To apply this I dampened my stila flat liner brush and gently rubbed it in the cake, I then tapped it along my upper lash line kind of in between the lashes and a little above and then in the outer half of the lower lashes. This method gives a very natural lined look, it keeps the liner from being too thick. Also using a cake liner lets you control how intense you want the color to be, with a little more water you can give a softer look.
The color in the pan is a dark blue almost navy color. It is very subtle and pretty on. I've been trying to find blue liners I like since they are supposed to be pretty with brown eyes but I'm noticing many make me look tired. So far this and bobbi brown sapphire shimmer ink are the only two that are working for me.
I don't use this in the waterline but it's great for tightlining. It also lasts all day for me with no smudging.
If I ever run out of this (will be a very long time since you only really use a little at a time) I will repurchase even at full price.
I'm lm nude in tm and tender rose in mmu for reference

on 3/30/2009 11:15:00 AM

I love love love this liner. Normally, I am all about gel liners but a MA converted me to this. The look of this liner is like a liquid liner but it doesnt smudge or fade at all. I also find it easier than gel liner to use and you can draw a really thin and precise line easily. I use this with an angled MAC brush (not 266 but i cant remember the # right now)

on 12/8/2008 8:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

My first bad LM review. I really don't get these glowing reviews. Unlike the Ebony Cake liner, this one has Zero color payoff. I attempted many times with different brushes and different amounts of moisture; and still Nada. This could have been re formalized to suck, because the tester was just as bad in store. Anywho, I was still in search this week to find the perfect daytime blue liner, that would make my brown eyes pop. Found it after help from a Sephora SA. Smashbox Creme Eye Liner in Picasso, is more like it.

on 11/29/2008 11:21:00 PM

This is my HG eyeliner. I first bought this 6 years ago before my wedding and have bought it only a couple times since. But each time, I wonder why I don't buy it more - probably because it's $20. But I LOVE this eyeliner. Easy to apply (after instruction) and it stays on all day with no smearing.