July 23, 2014 | 2074 users online

Styling Products - Redken - Outshine 01 anti frizz polishing milk

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2010 5:39:00 AM More reviews by clde

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love it! Bought this by the reviews here and i'm so happy. I have long dyed blonde hair and this smooths it perfectly. I don't know why it's called "outshine" though, because while it gives some shine, it's more of a smoothing lotion than a shine serum.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/28/2009 10:06:00 AM More reviews by Didiniumbee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

It's a nice product which works for defizzing, moisturizing and making my hair shiny.
The effects are good, but not great or particulary surprising,
and I can name a bunch of products which archieve just the same results as this for a small fraction of the cost.

There's nothing wrong with it and it's a decent product, but absolutely not worth the price and perfectly replacable.
I swapped it and won't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2009 10:36:00 PM More reviews by Kaibeau

Provides lovely shine and control even when naturally drying my half curly head of hair. Silky and touchable. Just fabulous. Have used this for years and will continue to.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2009 1:14:00 PM More reviews by LaurenMarieeee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I got a sample of this from my sister's salon. Let me first say that I do not have thick or frizzy hair, it is more thin, fine and grease-prone. I decided to try this out, since my ends could use some taming due to breakage and splitting.

The sample came in a small, red squeeze tube. I was not expecting the creamy consistency, but I like it since it makes it much easier to get the desired amount. I apply this to towel-dried hair before blow drying and flat ironing. I squeeze out maybe HALF of a pea-sized drop of this onto my fingers, rub it between both hands and then gently glide my fingertips over just my ends. As soon as I run the flat iron over my ends, they feel very soft and smooth!

I was very surprised and impressed that this does not make my hair look greasy at all. I'd definitely recommend it.

The ONLY reason I chose "No" for buying again is simply because I got this as a free sample. It will last me a long time since I don't have a lot of frizz factor with my hair and only require very little amount of product to get the desired smoothness on my ends.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2009 10:47:00 PM More reviews by Irene37420

This is the best smoothing, anti-frizz cream I've ever used. All the other ones I've tried didn't do it's job for the day and I had to reapply, which made my hair oily. But, this product makes my hair amazingly soft, manageable and reduces frizz better than I've ever seen. I put it on my hair after the shower and blow dry. Afterwards, I can't help but keep running my fingers through my hair because I can't believe how soft it is. I have been suggesting this product to all my friends since I've found it. It's $5.00 for a small sample tube, which lasted about 2 months on hair that is down to my belly button. The regular sized one is $17.00, much more expensive than the others I've used, but it's so worth it. It's one of the things that is worth spending extra on. I used to buy a new anti-frizz lotion every time, hoping to find a good one and this is it!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2009 5:41:00 PM More reviews by pilbeam

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been devoted to this product since earlier this summer. I went to and outdoor party during a very humid evening and I was asked by a number of women who knew me what I used to keep the frizz away, it was Redken's Outshine.
I apply it to towel dried hair and let it dry natuarally , then add a tiny bit more before flat ironing it. Voila, soft touchable frizz free hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2009 10:55:00 AM More reviews by OPII

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm totally loving this product! It's my lifesaver during bad hair days. I have been using this for half a year now, and there's no turning back. When my hair starts to frizz up due to humidity, I will apply a pump of it to my hair ends and taa daa! Nice tame hair. Its pump feature also ensures no wastage. Furthermore I like how it contains shea butter as the 5th ingredient. You can use it on both towel dried or dry hair, it wouldnt leave a sticky mess if you spread it well on your hair ends. Definitely a keeper.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2009 9:57:00 AM More reviews by Shannonjc1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this product! It does exactly what is says it will do! I have retty thick hair, and it tends to get frizzy, and this roduct smoothes it and kees it straight even in high humidity!! It smells amazing as well! Redken has the BEST styling products out there!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2009 11:09:00 AM More reviews by SoPolished

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

Its not that I dont like this product, it was fine and it worked well- but there are many other products that do the same and better for a comparable or even a lesser price. So I probably wont buy a full size again.

Sometimes I pick up a trial size at my salon when I am going to travel, just because it conveniently comes in a tenny tiny tube that is perfect for that purpose.

Also- this is pretty good for thick hair, it spreads nicely...very easy to apply it evenly.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/2/2009 9:40:00 AM More reviews by cinnamonraisin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

I applied 1 pump of Outshine all over my hair before blowdrying. My hair feels like silk and is so shiny, and the ends of my hair feel so healthy.

I don't use this anymore. I have changed my re-purchase answer to No.