Neutrogena Liquid Neutrogena Facial Cleansing Formula

Water, Glycerin, Oleic Acid, Coconut Acid, Sodium Hydroxide, Triethanolamine, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, BHT, Trisodium HEDTA, Blue 1, Red 33, Yellow 5, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol

on 6/11/2012 7:05:00 AM

I have been using this face wash for the last 5 years. I just love it. It doesn't dry out my combination skin and yet cleans well and leaves me with a fresh feeling. My only problem is this babe is not available in the United Kingdom! I mean this is Neutrogena's one of the basic products.. I just need to keep hunting it from abroad!

on 6/11/2012 6:28:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This product doesn't feel like anything special the first couple of times you use it- like one reviewer said, it's not "spectacular".

It wasn't until a couple of weeks into using the Neutrogena cleanser that I realized that it is everything this cleanser ISNT that is so spectacular. It's not too oily, not too harsh, and yet cleans out my pores very effectively without disrupting the natural oils that get stripped off of my skin so easily by other products. My skin had become balanced... it was easier to mousturize, it had stopped being dry or flaky, and the light rashes that popped up so often were gone, because my skin wasn't agitated anymore, and then my skintone had evened out too... And the only thing I had changed was using this cleanser exclusively!

I can get away with wearing more complex and intense makeup without repurcussions with my (very sensitive and easily dry) skin, since I use this to wash my face after using makeup remover. People comment on how good my skin is- and it's because I found the perfect product to clean and freshen my face every night; effective enough to completely clean away the sometimes heavy makeup I use, but not in any way harsh.

I have sensitivity to Sodium Laurel Sulphate, which is what makes the "foam" effect in everything from shampoo to toothpaste. That stuff is like acid for my skin- I have to use SLS free toothpaste. The only problem is, the foaming effect is what makes my feel clean... This is the only soap I let touch my face, and I even use it a bit to clean my upper body in the shower- I've always had a light heat rash on my chest, and it's starting to clear up for the first time... If you have sensitive skin/complexion, give it a try!

on 6/7/2012 9:43:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Was my HG cleanser in my late teens to early twenties. Went through over 4 bottles during that period. It didn't clear up my acne, but certainly kept my skin very clean.

Not for those with dry, flaky skin though. It can be rather drying.

Not buying this again because my skin condition seems to have changed from oily to combination/dry. Also because I'm trying to go natural and this has SLS in it.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this at Watson's in Megamall. It was one of the cheapest cleansers on the shelf, so I decided to go and give it a try. I've been using it for approximately three weeks now.

The packaging is very basic and so is its description. It promises to clean your face with its mild hypoallergenic solution. It delivers pretty well. It does clean my face although not to the extent of not needing a toner. It prevents me from getting acne except for the routine pimple I get during my period.

Despite saying that it's fragrance-free, it has a rather weird smell, although I became less conscious of it after using it for a while.

Some people say that they find that this cleanser dries up their skin. I haven't really felt that particular ill effect, but that's probably because I live in a humid country.

Overall, it's a very basic cleanser. It does what it says it will do. No more and no less.

on 9/16/2011 10:39:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I've been using this face wash for a while now, took a little break from it for a month or so, and started using it again. It's pretty good - it prevents skin from becoming oily and keeps it balanced. It feels clean and refreshed after cleansing.

However, I found it's not really anything special. It doesn't seem to help with acne that much, but that could be just that nothing seems to work on my skin and I only have whiteheads on my forehead so it's not that bad. Also, I don't use it twice or day and sometimes skip days, so this could have possibly alter it's effectiveness, I don't know.

It's a good product but I wouldn't necessarily "recommend" it because it does nothing extraordinary. It doesn't have any negative effects though.

on 8/31/2011 3:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I stayed with my cousin this summer in California (I live in WA), and didn't bring anything. She had this cleanser, so I decided to use it. It's so amazing. I typically used this with toilet paper (weird, but it worked), and it did the job well. Sometimes I'd have to use it twice to get all of my makeup off, but my skin miraculously cleared the eight weeks I spent in CA. This was the only thing I used to wash my face (plus water). Three times a day.

The only complaint I have is that the cap is horrible. Do not try to take this on trips with you--the pump will go crazy and splash the cleanser everywhere.

Skin: Other, Other, Neutral

This stuff could strip the paint off a wall - and I mean that in the nicest way possible.

I've been using it forever! It's a cleanser I have in my arsenal in the summer - and though I wouldn't say it's harsh per se, it gets the job done if you have face or even eye makeup you need to remove in one go. If my summertime facial self tanner looks a bit too dark to me (e.g., if I've just had my platinum blonde hair touched up), I know that one wash with this cleanser will lift the color there just enough. Additionally, when my sunless tanner is starting to fade & I want to bathtub-soak it all off in one 40-minute go, I reach for Liquid Neutrogena instead of my bar soap as my pre-scrub cleanser.

I actually prefer the scented version of this, but it appears it's been pulled from the market. One caveat, though: it's not the type of cleanser you can open your eyes before rinsing off. That's it, though! Excellent product.

on 8/25/2011 12:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I don't use this to wash my face. I use it to wash my hands before inserting and takeing out my contacts. My eye doctor recommended this because it washes off and does not leave any sort of film on your hands. It's very important to have clean, clean hands when using contacts.

I will buy this again and again.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a summer only product for me as it is just too drying for the winter. It's great when you just feel really grimy and sweaty. I keep a bottle of this around because the creamy cleansers I normally use just dont get makeup off. I normally use an eye makeup remover before cleansing. This bottle stays in my bath tub for those times when I forget to remove eye makeup before hopping in the shower. It's too drying for every day use. Be sure to moisturize afterwards.

on 6/24/2011 12:12:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

So far I really like this cleanser! It is the only cleanser I've ever tried that DIDN'T leave my face looking really oily and shiny after I used it. I'll update after I've used it a while longer, but I really like it! The only thing that I did not really like is that the smell is really odd....
UPDATE : Okay so i'm starting to notice that I'm breaking out everywhere! I don't usually break out like maybe a pimple a couple times a year, so this is not normal and my face cleanser is the only thing i've changed, sooooo.... i'm going to stop using it immediately and use a different cleanser and see if the little bumps that are appearing everywhere will go away ( I HOPE SO!!! )