April 20, 2014 | 1581 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Liquid Neutrogena Facial Cleansing Formula

rated 3 of 5 on 9/16/2011 10:39:00 PM More reviews by TeAmo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've been using this face wash for a while now, took a little break from it for a month or so, and started using it again. It's pretty good - it prevents skin from becoming oily and keeps it balanced. It feels clean and refreshed after cleansing.

However, I found it's not really anything special. It doesn't seem to help with acne that much, but that could be just that nothing seems to work on my skin and I only have whiteheads on my forehead so it's not that bad. Also, I don't use it twice or day and sometimes skip days, so this could have possibly alter it's effectiveness, I don't know.

It's a good product but I wouldn't necessarily "recommend" it because it does nothing extraordinary. It doesn't have any negative effects though.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2011 3:05:00 PM More reviews by Fruitable

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I stayed with my cousin this summer in California (I live in WA), and didn't bring anything. She had this cleanser, so I decided to use it. It's so amazing. I typically used this with toilet paper (weird, but it worked), and it did the job well. Sometimes I'd have to use it twice to get all of my makeup off, but my skin miraculously cleared the eight weeks I spent in CA. This was the only thing I used to wash my face (plus water). Three times a day.

The only complaint I have is that the cap is horrible. Do not try to take this on trips with you--the pump will go crazy and splash the cleanser everywhere.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2011 12:50:00 PM More reviews by SugarFreeSheila

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This stuff could strip the paint off a wall - and I mean that in the nicest way possible.

I've been using it forever! It's a cleanser I have in my arsenal in the summer - and though I wouldn't say it's harsh per se, it gets the job done if you have face or even eye makeup you need to remove in one go. If my summertime facial self tanner looks a bit too dark to me (e.g., if I've just had my platinum blonde hair touched up), I know that one wash with this cleanser will lift the color there just enough. Additionally, when my sunless tanner is starting to fade & I want to bathtub-soak it all off in one 40-minute go, I reach for Liquid Neutrogena instead of my bar soap as my pre-scrub cleanser.

I actually prefer the scented version of this, but it appears it's been pulled from the market. One caveat, though: it's not the type of cleanser you can open your eyes before rinsing off. That's it, though! Excellent product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2011 12:09:00 PM More reviews by glowing500

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I don't use this to wash my face. I use it to wash my hands before inserting and takeing out my contacts. My eye doctor recommended this because it washes off and does not leave any sort of film on your hands. It's very important to have clean, clean hands when using contacts.

I will buy this again and again.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2011 4:08:00 AM More reviews by PaleBrunette

This is a summer only product for me as it is just too drying for the winter. It's great when you just feel really grimy and sweaty. I keep a bottle of this around because the creamy cleansers I normally use just dont get makeup off. I normally use an eye makeup remover before cleansing. This bottle stays in my bath tub for those times when I forget to remove eye makeup before hopping in the shower. It's too drying for every day use. Be sure to moisturize afterwards.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/24/2011 12:12:00 AM More reviews by bluefrog1323

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

So far I really like this cleanser! It is the only cleanser I've ever tried that DIDN'T leave my face looking really oily and shiny after I used it. I'll update after I've used it a while longer, but I really like it! The only thing that I did not really like is that the smell is really odd....
UPDATE : Okay so i'm starting to notice that I'm breaking out everywhere! I don't usually break out like maybe a pimple a couple times a year, so this is not normal and my face cleanser is the only thing i've changed, sooooo.... i'm going to stop using it immediately and use a different cleanser and see if the little bumps that are appearing everywhere will go away ( I HOPE SO!!! )

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2011 10:37:00 PM More reviews by melodyding

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I <3 this product. It left my face feeling oil-free and it completely cleard my face!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2011 11:13:00 PM More reviews by randi2515

Really liking this face wash. It is affordable, does a good job at removing makeup and keeping pimples at bay, and also does not dry out my face too much. I end up having to wash my face twice to get all my makeup off but that doesn't bother me. Does a better job at removing makeup than most cleansers I've tried. On my 2nd bottle of this and will definitely be repurchasing.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/16/2011 11:41:00 AM More reviews by Caitlyn99

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product cleanses really well. After I wash my face with it, it leaves my face literally squeaky clean. But then, it could be a little drying sometimes. So far my skin has been kinda adapting to it.

When I first used this it was so drying that my usually oily face produced even more oil! After 2 hours or so of cleansing, toning and moisturising my face is an oil mine. There's shine all over the place and even on my cheeks that are usually normal (not too dry but not oily either).

Well since I've bought it I decided I'd stick with it... for now. I like it cause it cleanses really good. The major drawback is that its effect on my skin is kinda unpredictable. Sometimes it's just nice, sometimes it makes my face plain oily. Guess this isn't my cup of tea. Also the scent is a little weird but totally tolerable.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/19/2011 2:12:00 AM More reviews by adv22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I have been breaking out more than I usually do lately so I stopped by the nearest walmart and bought this! I was a little disappointed in the result of this. It is a bit drying after several uses. It makes my face feel tight and dry (Which I absolutely hate) It also gave me more shine and oil. However it is a good cleanser to take your make up off with. The first few uses it felt quite nice actually but after 3 to 4 weeks of using it about everyday that's when it started to get drying.