Laura Mercier Foundation Primer

2.9

Water, Tridecyl Neopentanoate, Stearic Acid, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Retinyl Palmitate, Honey Extract, Allantoin, Kiwi Extract, Grape Extract, Aloe Extract, Thea Sinensis Extract, Lavender Extract, Orange Extract, Palmarosa Extract, Jasmine Extract, Rose Extract, Geranium Extract, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Glyceryl Stearate, Lanolin, Cetyl Alcohol, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea, Fd&C Red #40, Fd&C Yellow #5.

I consider primers and foundations to be the most important part of the makeup.
If your skin looks good, everything else looks put together.

I have combination skin, with some minor pores, acne induced hyper pigmentations, and uneven skintone. I need a primer that needs to at least control for the oil on my T zone, hide the dryness a little bit, and minimize the pores, to have the foundation go on more smoothly with 25% of its job done.
This didn't do any of it.
I won't say its a terrible primer because it didn't break me out, "rolled" into pieces, or do anything else "bad", just didn't do anything for my skin.
it leaves a sticky finish, and makes my foundation a bit sticky too... at about 6 hours mark, my T zone starts to get really oily

on 11/11/2013 7:25:00 AM

Amazing primer!! Literally the best one I have ever used. I apply this before my foundation and it goes on so smoothly. It controls shine throughout the day and makes my makeup stay in place so much longer. I can't see myself ever trying another primer as this one has been working amazingly on my skin. Especially since I get breakouts all the time. I would defiantly spend another £20 on this as it comes in a big tube so I'm sure it will last ages !

on 10/20/2013 8:28:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

This is my holy grail primer! It is amazing. Controls shine throughout the day and makes my makeup last hours longer. A tube of this lasts ages and well worth the price tag.

However, I have found this primer doesn't work with every foundation and I would recommend getting a sample before spending the money. If you aren't liking this primer I would suggest trying it out with other foundations before giving up on it.

on 10/13/2013 3:00:00 PM

Love this primer! My makeup lasts for hours and doesn't even move!

on 9/3/2013 12:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I received this as a deluxe sample and have been using it for about two weeks with MAC Face and Body foundation. Normally foundations will collect in my naso-labial fold (the crease between the side of my nostril and my cheek), and I hadn't found any product that would prevent this until now.

The scent is mildly floral and dissipates quickly. I am sensitive to fragrance (many give me a headache), but this had no effect. The texture is a medium gel-like but slightly creamy consistency, and once it's rubbed in it disappears. It applies well over moisturizer and sunscreen, without balling up. For reference, I always wait until my sunscreen has absorbed before using primer.

At first I didn't think this primer was doing anything. I rubbed it into my skin, and it disappeared, which is so unlike every other primer I've used. My foundation went on smoothly, but no different from any other primer I've used. Only after a couple of hours did I realize that my foundation wasn't creasing next to my nose. I forgot to apply it this morning, and within an hour my foundation had already creased. For that alone, I will purchase a full size.

I'm extremely oily, so I didn't expect oil control. This didn't control oil much, but I did notice that when I blotted not as much foundation is transferred to my blotting tissue. This primer helps to keep foundation from sliding off my face. If it had discernible oil control, I would have given it five lippies.

It's a bit expensive, but a little bit goes a long way. I think the full size will provide a decent value.

Finally, I would prefer a pump dispenser rather than a squeeze tube, though I do like the aesthetic of the packaging. It's clean and simple, which is appealing.

on 8/4/2013 3:24:00 AM

I'd never used foundation primers before, but I had always heard good things about the Laura Mercier primers. I was hoping to purchase the oil-free primer for my t-zone, but my local Sephora was out and I settled for the general foundation primer.

This is an okay product. I've been using it for about two weeks now, and I put it on my face after I moisturize it, but I haven't seen any dramatic improvements. My foundation does apply a little bit smoother and stays for a little longer than it used to, but it isn't a lasting primer.

I was hoping for better results after I bought it for $32, but I'll try the oil-free one and see if it makes any difference.

on 7/30/2013 2:07:00 PM

I can't remember what version I got of this, so I am entering my review in the general primer by Laura Mercier. The one I got was in a squeeze tube and the product was white... it came out more like a cream/lotion than a gel. I tried this on a few times and I didn't find it did ANYTHING. It didn't make my makeup last longer, go on more smoothly, look better, nothing. This was recommended by a former friend of mine and I have to say...with the price tag it has, i expected much much more from this product. I returned it after a couple tries. Will stick to my Hard Candy sheer envy primer!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

I'm looking for a primer for my wedding, and when you mention primer, its either Laura Mercier or Smashbox as top choices. I am not a fan of either. The Laura Mercier regular primer is like a light cream without the moisturizing properties. I did not find it to do anything a primer is supposed to do, like make foundation last longer or make the skin a better canvas for foundation. It just feels like it sank into my skin and disappeared. This is going back.

on 7/18/2013 2:10:00 AM

I bought this product along with Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer at Sephora for 52 SGD. At first, I do hope that this product could end my journey of searching a really good primer for my complexion, but I was wrong. It did nothing to my skin. It doesn't make my foundation last. It doesn't make my foundation go smoother. It did nothing. Now I'm kinda regret with my purchase.

on 5/19/2013 4:15:00 AM

Urgh! Not at all a good primer for my skin ( dehydrated/dry), nor did it make any difference whatsoever to the staying power of my foundation. The effect I achieved with this primer? Supremely dull, lackluster skin. It made me look older...which really is NOT something I am aiming for. Granted, one could rectify this "dull skin" effect with a myriad of strategic highlighters and shimmer products...but why would one want to???
I like many of LM's products, but this item surely is an overpriced oddity. I gave it 2 lippies for the container - I find tubes easier and more economical to use than pump dispensers yet just as hygienic.

Popular Primer/ Correctors