Laura Mercier Foundation Primer

2.9

Water, Tridecyl Neopentanoate, Stearic Acid, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Retinyl Palmitate, Honey Extract, Allantoin, Kiwi Extract, Grape Extract, Aloe Extract, Thea Sinensis Extract, Lavender Extract, Orange Extract, Palmarosa Extract, Jasmine Extract, Rose Extract, Geranium Extract, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Glyceryl Stearate, Lanolin, Cetyl Alcohol, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea, Fd&C Red #40, Fd&C Yellow #5.

on 2/24/2014 3:55:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I think the oil-free version works better for combination skin. It's a got a bit of a smell that took a while to get used to. I'm not done with this tube and I'm already looking for a new primer.

on 2/23/2014 4:02:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Leaves a somewhat sticky layer when dried on your skin so foundation adheres. It's a hit or miss item in my opinion. IF you have the perfect skin type for it (normal to combi skin) it will work well. If your skin is dry it will make your skin feel a little tight (not disturbingly, have used it on my drier days and it feels fine after a few hours when my skin oils up a little). As for oily skin I can't comment as I'm not sure if it slides off after a while. Overall a good primer if you don't mind paying more than drugstore price.

on 2/14/2014 2:59:00 AM

This is my first primer actually(still using it).I bought a mineral one during the summer and I think they work pretty much the same in both summer and winter days for me…It does not break me out,which is great,but it does not control oil efficiently,say generally it holds back the oil on my face no more than 3~4 hours…the price for this tube seems expensive either.since it is my first primer,I could not really compare it to others.I just wonder maybe it could work better if my skin condition is improved?

Horrid! This primer is super sticky, and would dry like PVA glue on my fingers. It didn't help my skin at all, it made my foundation patchy and disgusting. I broke out after using this.

This is the worst primer I've ever used. It leaves my skin sticky for the WHOLE time it stays on, makes me look ultra shiny and just plain disgusting. Not even my matte liquid foundation would fight the shininess. It made me break out a little as well. It's expensive too. The only non-bad thing is the packaging, which comes in a neat tube that squeezes the product out without making a mess. Save yourself some money and look for another primer...I only used this twice before trashing it, and I always try to use up my products - so yes, it is THAT bad.

I consider primers and foundations to be the most important part of the makeup.
If your skin looks good, everything else looks put together.

I have combination skin, with some minor pores, acne induced hyper pigmentations, and uneven skintone. I need a primer that needs to at least control for the oil on my T zone, hide the dryness a little bit, and minimize the pores, to have the foundation go on more smoothly with 25% of its job done.
This didn't do any of it.
I won't say its a terrible primer because it didn't break me out, "rolled" into pieces, or do anything else "bad", just didn't do anything for my skin.
it leaves a sticky finish, and makes my foundation a bit sticky too... at about 6 hours mark, my T zone starts to get really oily

on 11/11/2013 7:25:00 AM

Amazing primer!! Literally the best one I have ever used. I apply this before my foundation and it goes on so smoothly. It controls shine throughout the day and makes my makeup stay in place so much longer. I can't see myself ever trying another primer as this one has been working amazingly on my skin. Especially since I get breakouts all the time. I would defiantly spend another £20 on this as it comes in a big tube so I'm sure it will last ages !

on 10/20/2013 8:28:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

This is my holy grail primer! It is amazing. Controls shine throughout the day and makes my makeup last hours longer. A tube of this lasts ages and well worth the price tag.

However, I have found this primer doesn't work with every foundation and I would recommend getting a sample before spending the money. If you aren't liking this primer I would suggest trying it out with other foundations before giving up on it.

on 10/13/2013 3:00:00 PM

Love this primer! My makeup lasts for hours and doesn't even move!

on 9/3/2013 12:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I received this as a deluxe sample and have been using it for about two weeks with MAC Face and Body foundation. Normally foundations will collect in my naso-labial fold (the crease between the side of my nostril and my cheek), and I hadn't found any product that would prevent this until now.

The scent is mildly floral and dissipates quickly. I am sensitive to fragrance (many give me a headache), but this had no effect. The texture is a medium gel-like but slightly creamy consistency, and once it's rubbed in it disappears. It applies well over moisturizer and sunscreen, without balling up. For reference, I always wait until my sunscreen has absorbed before using primer.

At first I didn't think this primer was doing anything. I rubbed it into my skin, and it disappeared, which is so unlike every other primer I've used. My foundation went on smoothly, but no different from any other primer I've used. Only after a couple of hours did I realize that my foundation wasn't creasing next to my nose. I forgot to apply it this morning, and within an hour my foundation had already creased. For that alone, I will purchase a full size.

I'm extremely oily, so I didn't expect oil control. This didn't control oil much, but I did notice that when I blotted not as much foundation is transferred to my blotting tissue. This primer helps to keep foundation from sliding off my face. If it had discernible oil control, I would have given it five lippies.

It's a bit expensive, but a little bit goes a long way. I think the full size will provide a decent value.

Finally, I would prefer a pump dispenser rather than a squeeze tube, though I do like the aesthetic of the packaging. It's clean and simple, which is appealing.

Popular Primer/ Correctors