Creative Nail Design Super Shiney High Gloss Top Coat

4.2

Butyl Acetate, Ethyl Acetate, Nitrocellulose, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate, Isopropyl Alcohol, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol/Trimellitic Anhydride Copolymer, Alcohol Denat., Sucrose Acetate Isobutyrate, Acrylates Copolymer, Benzophenone-1, Aqua (Water) (Eau), CI 17200 (Red 33), CI 42090 (Blue 1), CI 60725 (Violet 2).

on 12/2/2008 7:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

my HG top coat!!! LOVE this product! It keeps my nails super shiny & chip free for DAYS. My usual routine is a base coat of CND Stickey, 2 coats of OPI color, wait 10 minutes & then apply my Super Shiney, wait another 5 minutes & finish with CND Dry and Shine and I'm out the door. I've never had a problem with smudges, nicks, or sheet marks IF I follow that routine. CND Dry & Shine is a MUST IMO with this product.

on 12/2/2008 1:39:00 PM

Huge Rave! As great as Seche Vite can be, this is better. SV just gets too thick too quickly (even using Restore) and only rarely do I master the application so that all 10 nails come out without clumps or bubbles. It's just not worth it. This was much thinner, so it applied easily, and combined with the CND Dry and Shine, it dried quickly. I am really, really pleased. I like the quick dry topcoats, but they seem to cause my polish to crack after a couple of days. This is the best of both worlds - definitely one of the shiniest topcoats I have ever seen, and it dries quickly. My nails look and feel like glass - it's awesome!

on 10/23/2008 1:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I really don't understand why I am so hard on my nails. I do very little cooking or cleaning, but I am at my PC all day most week days, so maybe that is the culprit.

I just switched from one of the Essie top coats to this one and I guess I get around the same amount of chipping, but much less yellowing and the shine is still there. I only wear creamy sheer shades on my fingers, so yellowing is noticeable, but not nearly as much with Shiney. This week, I only have a small chip in the tip on each ring finger after 5 days.

I have my manicurist apply Sticky, two coats of polish and then I wait at least 10 minutes before she applies Shiney. Otherwise, as everyone else says, it would never dry. After about 2 1/2 hours, my nails are pretty safe to even was my hair and style it, though I am pretty careful.

on 9/6/2008 10:19:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

The Super Shiny Top Coat by CND is great. I love it. This is the top 2 tied with Seche Vite. However, Seche Vite I think might be more expensive and can get a bit thick. This stay lovely. It makes my nails look fresh and the color lasts. LOVE it. Great polish. People always go for OPI, but Creative Nail is really good, too!!!

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Sadly, I can't vouch for whether this product is true to its name because every.single.time I've used it, I end up with a ruined manicure. No matter if I use OPI Drip Dry or walk around with 'jazz hands' for a few hours. I always end up with smudges or nicks. I eventually gave up and threw it away and went back to Seche.

on 7/5/2008 4:18:00 PM

This is probably one of the best top coats I've ever used. It's true it takes forever to dry completely, but I use OPI's Drip Dry drops and it dries within minutes. The gloss this top coat gives is just unbelievable!! With other top coats, I find that within a few days the gloss begins to fade, but not with Super Shiney!! This top coat gives my nails a glossy finish that lasts even to the last day before I take off the color with nail polish remover. I use this in conjunction with Stickey, OPI ridge filler, and OPI color and a typical manicure lasts over 7 days without major chipping. I just took off my 16-day manicure (was too busy to do my nails the past week) and there was only one major chip on the bottom of my thumb and noticeable wear at the edges of my nails...other than that, everything was still in tact! The brush isn't the best as it's not like OPI's pro-wide brushes, but still, the product applies and spreads evenly on nails...highly recommended and this is my new HG top coat!

on 11/8/2007 12:05:00 PM

I absolutely agree that this takes a while to dry. It probably takes 4 times as long as what Seche takes. But it's soooo worth it! I used Stickey as my base coat, applied 2 coats of Light My Sapphire, and topped it with Super Shiney, and my mani has stayed on for 5 days now with no chips. It's amazing and worth the hour drying time. Just do your mani on a day off when you have the time to wait. It'll last all week. Love it.

on 10/16/2007 12:15:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Super Shiney is very true to its title. It goes on with a high gloss and retains it for days. It also protects well with minimal tip wear and chipping. I had a lot of problems with Seche and Poshe losing shine and showing lots of tip wear after a day or two, and Super Shiney has been performing much better. Edit: I have since found some solutions for my problems with SV.

This topcoat applies easily and in a thin layer. I used it with OPI RapiDry Spray and it dried fairly quickly. It was dry to the touch within 5 mins and stood up to me carrying equipment 1 - 1 1/2 hours later. Of course, this dry time is forever compared to Seche or Poshe, but if you have a little more time to for your mani to dry, Super Shiney is an excellent choice.

Unfortunately, I hardly use SS anymore even though it wears so well. I usually do my manis around bedtime and don't want sheet marks.

on 9/23/2007 2:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really am on the fence about this product. Love the super shine but takes forever to dry. I'm a chronic insomniac so I normally do my manicure at night. The first time I used this top coat, I was doing my nails at 2 a.m., finished with Qtica Half Time Polish Drying Accelerator and then went about watching tv, surfing the net, and had my meal at 4 a.m. (I was hungry) and went to bed at 10 a.m. I woke up at 3 p.m., and there were bedsheet marks all over my nails!

on 4/13/2007 4:28:00 PM

I've only ever used this over my acrylics and have to say I love it. On my 'false' nails it dries in an instant and lasts for ages. Have never used it over polish so can't comment, but for my purposes its shinier than anything I've ever tried including Sally Hansen's "Megashine" top coat. Another Creative success - just love their products.

Top Rated Creative Nail Design Products