April 16, 2014 | 912 users online

Scrubs - Kanebo - Silk Peeling Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2007 7:29:00 PM More reviews by magicarp

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

One of the complaints here about the Peeling Powder is that it's expensive. I think it's reasonably priced because you need to use just a tiny amount. I put maybe one third of a teaspoon in my palm and, with a couple of drops of water, have enough for my whole face. I love this product -- it really improved the texture of my skin almost immediately. And it's fun to use. The thing about many of Kanebo's products is that they are highly concentrated so a little goes a long way. They're also like stealth fighters -- they're very quiet and they don't feel like you're even putting anything on your face, but the next day, you see results.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2007 9:17:00 AM More reviews by 8ball

Who was it, PT Barnum who said there is a sucker born every minute? What was I thinking when this slick Saks SA talked me into buying an exfoliant that you put on and rinse off in the shower? For $50, no less??! I mean, the stuff isn't on your skin long enough to do anything. It is *not* a scrub. It's a powder that you wet, apply to your face in the shower and rinse it off. Don't worry, it will come off, b/c the shower is beating on your body as you are applying it. In fact, the stuff you put on the top of your face is gone by the time you get to the bottom. So....I started using it outside of the shower. I put some powder in my palm, wet it to a paste, and put it on my face until it dries. Then I wash it off. And my face feels and looks absolutely no different after I put it on than before. I'm glad so many other buyers are having good luck with this product. I certainly am not. And if I ever go to Chicago again and get a chance to go to Saks, I'm going to try to get my $$ back.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/10/2007 3:26:00 AM More reviews by ririan

maybe it is just me ... I totally hate this scrub!!!!
it breaks my skin up whenever I use it, be it twice a week or once a month. my face will be covered with bumps for the next two days after I use it!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2007 6:12:00 AM More reviews by frucht_tasche

I've been using this product for years, and I like it. My skin does not tolerate exfoliating products well and it is one of the few products I can use. It does a very good job in eliminating flakes. My skin feels softer, too. Although it feels gentle, I think it is quite potent: if I use too frequently, my skin feels drier. Overall I think it's a decent exfoliating product for sensitive skin. I deducted one lippie because of the outrageous price.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2007 8:45:00 PM More reviews by fechenwiesen

Thanks top all who wrote reviews on this. I splurged for this at Duty free, and love it. It comes in a despense rthat gives you just a little, which is all you need. It lathers up and leaves my face feeling so smooth and fresh. Make up goes on so well after this. I have also tried using it as a mask, and my face just loves it. You do need to make sure you latehr the grains quickly, other wise they seem to turn into a gooey mess. I've been using this for a few weeks now, and have had no problems with breakouts. If you are looking a for a spluge, go for it. I am hoping it will help my dark spots, but it is too soon to tell, I'll update my review in a couple of months. I think it will last a long time, and I'll rebuy it when it's gone.
Update: Just saw another review of this, and was reminded that I never updated. I still love this product, a little goes a long way. I recently tried a wanna be of this from Annemarie Borland. It was about two thirds the price of this, and just wasnīt nearly as good. The cheaper version seemed to cleanse ok, but certainly isnīt an exfoliant. It also seems to really dry my face out, which was never an issue with Kanebo. Iīm going back to this as soon as I have a little splurge money. This is also great to take on vacation or a weekend away, as I use it as a facial cleanser and donīt need to pack something that might make a mess of my suitcase.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2007 7:18:00 PM More reviews by blahiffy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product is quite fabulous. I love the concept behind the powder! Kanebo's Silk Peeling Powder is not so much an abrasive exfoliator than a skin polisher. It contains enzymes that break down dead skin, and leaves a silky smooth finish. This product is not for deep cleaning, so you will probably need another cleanser in conjunction with this. Whenever I use this, all my makeup goes on smoothly. Definitely a luxurious product! HG!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2007 3:40:00 AM More reviews by otium2

I use this as a cleanser morning and night. It's not too harsh and a leetle powder foams up luxuriously. It cleans very well and since I've started using it, I've not had major breakouts. I use this after my Fancl Mild Cleansing Oil and the two works perfectly in tandem to keep my face clean and clear. Not sure about its exfoliating qualities though. I use a separate scrub (Lancome Exfoliance Clarte) for exfoliation.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2007 8:45:00 AM More reviews by ruLz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this after so many positive reviews here at MUA.
I find this product, gentle on sensitive skin and does not scratch like other scrubs/exfoliants, but i find this doesn't do much to my skin.
It remains smooth for only 1 day and i'm back where i started. The bottle is pretty nifty though.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2007 6:46:00 PM More reviews by zetabebe

This works really well to clean my face and make it smooth. However, I don't think it really exfoliates. I will be trying the Amore Pacific Treatment Enzyme Peel next.. I think that might do a better job at exfoliating. However, I will always have the Kanebo one around just to use occassionally for a good cleaning.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2007 7:50:00 PM More reviews by baxterdog

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like this product and this range, having tried a number of brands over the years this is the home use brand I have found to be the most efficient and beneficial to my skin. This product in particular is very good, and I have no idea how it works as an exfollient as it mixes to a fluffy foam in the palm of my hand with a few drops of water and a facial brush (the best way of using it I think), and it really cleans out my pores. I have been suffering for the last couple of years with a continuous bout of whiteheads and blackheads across my cheeks and this product has done away with them. Well recommended even though it may be a bit pricey you really need to use only a very little of the product, maybe a 1/4 of a teaspoon.