September 23, 2014 | 1965 users online

Eye Shadow - Maybelline - Expert Eyes Eye Shadow - Sunbaked Neutrals

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2011 7:49:00 PM More reviews by ladykestryl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love these eyeshadows and have used them for years. With all the new products to play with, I have forgotten these gems. I love the newer formula of these. The colors are more pigmented, silky and less chalky. The packaging is horrid but I was able to get these for dirt cheap. I had a coupon and paid less than $5 (USD) for these babies! <3

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2011 12:12:00 PM More reviews by kristalblair

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This product definitely isn't anything to write home about, but these shadows do blend nicely, their pigment is just lacking. I found that if you use your fingers or the sponge applicator it came with the colors will show up extremely muddy and hardly noticable. I guess for the women who use eyeshadow brushes religiously this wouldn't be a problem, but when I'm in a hurry I don't feel like pulling out a ton of brushes for application and blending purposes. Granted, when I take my time and apply these shadows with the brush I end up getting an absolutely beautiful look. The only thing that negates this beauty is the incredible amount of fallout that ends up all over my face. Therefore, if you are thinking about purchasing be prepared to clean the glittery mess of your face. I have learned to do my face makeup last so that I can run a cottonball soaked in EL Eye Makeup Remover over my face. Overall, I'd say I'm certainly impressed with this product, yet I don't think it lived up to the hype.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2011 8:14:00 PM More reviews by 2010

I really like this palette! It's great for filling in my brows and I use the light taupe color as an all over base on my lids. The only reason I would not repurchase this is because I like to try new things!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2011 11:07:00 PM More reviews by ItsAClove

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I hardly use eyeshadow, and if I do, it has to be a very light and neutral color because: 1. I suck at making it look professional. 2. I don't own a primer. and 3. I love looking as natural as possible. But I really like these colors and I'm trying to make myself use them :) i really like this product, case in point. :) p.s: i even use it on top of my mascara to make it glittery & pretty, but don't use too much; could possibly get in your eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2011 9:36:00 PM More reviews by cedarnetwal

I am in love with this palette. For about four months after I got this palette, I used it to do my everyday makeup. This palette definately satisfied my love for neutrals.

The color variety in this palette is great--browns, bronzy shades, and greens (a great alternative for brown in a neutral look). However, all of the shades except for the light brown (2nd from the left on the top row) are shimmery/metallic, which isn't bad, but for matte-lovers, this might not be your thing. Plus, the colors blend nice, have minimal fall-out, and last fairly well with a primer.

The greens and bronzy-metallic brown and gold shades are lovely. I have even applied them wet a few times, and the look is intense and just awesome. The darkest brown is nicely pigmented, and the white wasn't chalky, which impressed me. And the matte light-brown is pretty much the perfect shade for filling in my brows, which is a double-plus!

I would recommend this palette a hundred times over to anyone looking for an inexpensive drugstore neutral palette, or anyone wanting to build their makeup collection. Lovely, lovely colors and application.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2011 5:37:00 PM More reviews by Yuix

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this pallet! I love love love neutrals and browns, so this caught my eye immediately. The shadows in this pallet have amazing pigmentation, I was so impressed when playing around with them. I will most definitely repurchase and recommend. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2010 12:33:00 AM More reviews by skyh1gh

This is AMAZING!!!!
loved the mix of colors! but if you don't apply it correctly, you might get like glitter drops :(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2010 9:45:00 PM More reviews by Christinaann5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This palette is def great esp if you love earthy tones or looking for something that can be versatile year round and i def can get use out of this!!
~~PRICE/AVAILABILITY~~
The Maybelline ExpertEyes Palettes can be found in most drugstores like RiteAid, CVS, Walgreens as well as mass stores like Walmart, Target & Kmart. The price & availability will vary slightly depending on your location as well as sales/discounts but i have seen the palette around $5-7. I purchased mine at walmart for $6.59 which is pretty fair for 8 shadows.
~~SHADE/FORMULA/PERFORMANCE~~
The Sunbaked Neutrals palette is a great group of earth tones like greens, browns and bronzes. There is 8 shadows that all can be worn together or paired w/ your others shadows. The shadows are pressed well w/ a little excess powder when you tap brush into them but they apply easily and blend nicely. The palette shadows are like the maybelline quads or single shadows so if you enjoy those, you will enjoy this palette. I kept eyeing this up but kept thinking i didnt need it since i had a few maybelline quads that were similiar to these (if you look closely there is a mini Chai Latte Quad in here too) but im glad i got this since its 8shadows that i will def use since im more of a neutral shadow wearer but the greens are a great little pop of color to add to the looks. Its a great way to venture away from just browns. I love all the shadows. These wear well as well. I dont have oily lids so id suggests priming your eyes (which i suggests to do w/ most drugstore shadows) this will help the shadows wear longer as well as make the shadows be a tad more pigmented. These wear for over 7 hours before i see any fading which is great- i love to wear a cream base w/ these shadows bc depending on what color of base you use, you can pick up different undertones to each shadow. This palette gives you plenty of options for day and can be darkened w/ the browns to make a nite time smoky look. You may need a darker color if you want something more dramatic. There is different finishes to the shadows. There is metallics, satin and i think two matte shadows which is great bc it adds dimension and depth to the look. Its nice to have a matte in there so it doesnt look too much. There is a nice satin white shadow that can be used to highlight and midtones for the lid as well as darker shadows to define the crease & outer v area! I def like these shadows.
~~PACKAGING~~
The Maybelline "Sunbaked Neutrals" palette comes in the standard hard plastic compact. The backing has a sticker w/ labeling info/shade name etc. The lid that snaps open & shut is see through allowing you to see what colors are inside (nice if you have both of the palettes from maybelline bc you can see which one is which) The Maybelline logo is on lid in metallic writing and a sticker w/ palette name is located on the bottom connecting the lid. The palette is sturdy but i think w/ really rough handling it may crack so dont slam it around. This compact is small enough to carry w/ you which is great for vacation. There is two rows of four shadows & each shadow pan is rather small, littlier than a dime but i think its a good amount of each shadow bc really, i have so many shadows i rarely ever get through any of mine. I havent hit pan on any of these so they are def great!
Overall, i really have enjoyed this palette. It has really gorgeous colors that i can def pull off and wear year round and daily! i love them all! i love that drugstore companies are finally giving us more than shimmery shadows! Id recommend to anyone looking for a good palette to take w/ you on vacation instead of carrying around 8 different shadow, they are all right there at your convenience. I love em all! i wont be repurchasing bc Maybelline tests on our poor innocent creatures, sadly!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/24/2010 9:18:00 PM More reviews by rebbeca

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this palette because I was looking for really frosted eye shadows. I was disappointed by this though. It's really easy to end up with glitter around your under eye area, so you have to be careful. Although this product was really pigmented, and I really liked one of the shades(it was the 2nd on from the right.) I won't be buying this palette again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2010 12:39:00 AM More reviews by claragonz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This palette caught my eye at Walmart, and since I love neutral shadows, I decided to try it. The pigmentation of the colors are okay, they are a bit chalky so you'll need a lot more to blend. It's good, you get what you pay for. It is a drugstore brand, so you can't really expect too much from it. On the brighter side, the color combinations are endless. It's also a plus that the palette is very compact and small, it will not take too much space in your make-up kit or bag.