August 23, 2014 | 1726 users online

Pressed Powders - Neutrogena - Skin Clearing Oil-Free Pressed Powder

rated 3 of 5 on 4/22/2009 2:07:00 AM More reviews by babygirl3171980

I found that alone, this product really didn't stay on long. But in combination with a good quality primer and foundation that's just as good, it actually does work. But! It should work by itself. Ive had mine for a couple years and just barley beginning to see the metal at the bottom of the compact. Needless to say, I don't wear a lot. Now its just used as a touch up or so. Which with my other products, really isn't that much either. I do have to say I like it though. More so that covergirl, revlon or anything like that. It didn't cause me to break out and didn't enlarge or accentuate my already huge pores.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2009 7:23:00 PM More reviews by pretiiandroid

This keeps my skin clear and doesn't dry it out. However, it doesn't last very long and doesn't offer much coverage at all. I usually find I have to touch it up about 3 times a day; that's without actually doing anything that would cause me to sweat it off either. Other than that, I think this product is pretty typical of Neutrogena. I think it's worth buying though because it seems to be very gentle on the skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/30/2008 10:50:00 AM More reviews by mollipop03

Pros: did not break my face out, gave so-so coverage, decent packaging
Cons: didn't last all day on my oily skin [looked oily after a few hours], chalky when I first put it on [I'm very fair and I got the lightest shade though], though it didn't break me out, didn't really visibly improve my skin

rated 1 of 5 on 9/29/2008 9:26:00 PM More reviews by wildwoodflower

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Pros... Feels light on. And controls oil. Didn't brake me out.

Cons.... Made my skin feel dry, looks cakey after a few hours on. Oh, and don't you dare sweat with this stuff on, because it will leave little flakey spots on your skin. And it makes the lines under my eyes stand out!

No no no.... I will never by this AGAIN!

But the packaging was cute. ( ha )

rated 1 of 5 on 8/24/2008 6:24:00 PM More reviews by personalpenguin84

I picked this up at Target on a whim and don't like it at all:

- The applicator quickly gets matted with product. It's rough and doesn't give even coverage
- Upon initial application, my skin felt nice and smooth. However, after an hour or two, my face got really shiny and felt sticky and oily.
- I wore this to a wedding this weekend, and after a full day in it, I was horrified to see that the powder had settled into every little line and pore on my face, making them very obvious.

This product is great in theory (a makeup containing salicylic acid to treat acne) however, in reality, it didn't work for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2008 1:12:00 PM More reviews by uyulove

I actually really liked this product. I like light products rather than cakey stuff so it was perfect for me.

I don't know baout the skin clearing aspects of it, I don't expect that anyhow.

I just bought it to cover up the shininess liquid foundation left on my face and this definitely did the job. It's matte and light, so its perfect for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/15/2008 5:59:00 PM More reviews by ashleystar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

It's a bad sign when someone like me—who is all about using beauty products until the very last drop because I hate letting things go to waste—has only used this powder for a week and is already wanting to throw it away.

PROS:
The packaging is pretty. Yep, that's about it.

CONS:
- No matter how little you apply, whether you use the (terrible quality) foam applicator included in the powder or a powder brush, it comes off looking horribly cakey.
- Personally, I found that my face would be shiny after less than an hour of applying
- You can barely tell you're wearing it... in a bad way

Not a smart choice, girls. Stay away!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/4/2008 7:01:00 PM More reviews by missnattii

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Oh boy...where do I begin? Chalky, flaky, rough and just plain ugly. I was bought by the idea of this powder actually "clearing" my skin. Boy, was I wrong. I stopped wearing it for TWO DAYS and my acne went away. When I started using this powder again, all of it came back. Also, it gets off just a tad bit of shine (if applied correctly) and it covers up NOTHING! Of course, being the stupid teenager that I am, I always applied too much and ended up looking like a corpse. This, as another user said, clings to every single one of my little tiny hairs, and gives the apperance of very very dry skin. Plus, for $12, I am NEVER buying this again!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2008 1:31:00 AM More reviews by Jasmine1990

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I think this is the kind of product where u either love it or hate it. i personally love it.
ive tried dozens of pressed powders. cover girl ones broke me out, physicians formula waaaay to heavy (and this was the mineral version), the maybelline ones were either too powdery or broke me out, etc etc.
this is the only one that doesnt cause me to break out, helps when i do, controls oil very well, and its really light in texture, not obvious on me at all.
it is a bit expensive but i wait for a bogo free sale so i can get one of their lipbalms (which i love!) or something.
normally i moisturize, and maybe some concealer depending on my skin, then apply this on with a brush which i really think makes the coverage just perfect. then i apply the rest of my makeup.
hope this helped

rated 1 of 5 on 11/7/2007 2:26:00 PM More reviews by AlwysNSrch

I do not know if I benefited from the skin clearing "treatment" of this product or not. I could not get over the fact that it just caked on. I looked in the mirror in horrow and quickly washed it off. Will not repurchase. Looks cakey and builds up.