Neutrogena Skin Clearing Oil-Free Pressed Powder

2.5

on 5/16/2010 1:49:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse

i use this powder over my nuetrogena oil free skin clearing make up, so its not to shinny, and it is good, i only wear make up 3 days a week and the rest of the days i just go bare faced with some eye liner, but ive been using neutrogena products for years and i like it, :)

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Wavy, Other

I'm on my second compact of this, and while it isn't the best quality in terms of powder, its color suits my skin tone very well and that's why I continue to buy it. I don't think this powder really clears acne as it says it does, but it doesn't break my face out either so I'm not complaining. It does make your face look chalky, so I only use a little bit of it at a time.

on 7/30/2009 8:52:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I bought this by accident, I meant to get the Healthy Skin Pressed Powder, but since I had it I thought I'd give it a try. At the end of the day my face is shiny in this, which is odd because normally my skin doesnt get shiny. This was a nice powder, worked for my skintone, I got Light 2. Coverage was light when I layered. Wont buy again because it leaves my skin looking oily and it isnt.

I found that alone, this product really didn't stay on long. But in combination with a good quality primer and foundation that's just as good, it actually does work. But! It should work by itself. Ive had mine for a couple years and just barley beginning to see the metal at the bottom of the compact. Needless to say, I don't wear a lot. Now its just used as a touch up or so. Which with my other products, really isn't that much either. I do have to say I like it though. More so that covergirl, revlon or anything like that. It didn't cause me to break out and didn't enlarge or accentuate my already huge pores.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

This keeps my skin clear and doesn't dry it out. However, it doesn't last very long and doesn't offer much coverage at all. I usually find I have to touch it up about 3 times a day; that's without actually doing anything that would cause me to sweat it off either. Other than that, I think this product is pretty typical of Neutrogena. I think it's worth buying though because it seems to be very gentle on the skin.

on 11/30/2008 10:50:00 AM

Pros: did not break my face out, gave so-so coverage, decent packaging
Cons: didn't last all day on my oily skin [looked oily after a few hours], chalky when I first put it on [I'm very fair and I got the lightest shade though], though it didn't break me out, didn't really visibly improve my skin

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Pros... Feels light on. And controls oil. Didn't brake me out.

Cons.... Made my skin feel dry, looks cakey after a few hours on. Oh, and don't you dare sweat with this stuff on, because it will leave little flakey spots on your skin. And it makes the lines under my eyes stand out!

No no no.... I will never by this AGAIN!

But the packaging was cute. ( ha )

I picked this up at Target on a whim and don't like it at all:

- The applicator quickly gets matted with product. It's rough and doesn't give even coverage
- Upon initial application, my skin felt nice and smooth. However, after an hour or two, my face got really shiny and felt sticky and oily.
- I wore this to a wedding this weekend, and after a full day in it, I was horrified to see that the powder had settled into every little line and pore on my face, making them very obvious.

This product is great in theory (a makeup containing salicylic acid to treat acne) however, in reality, it didn't work for me.

on 6/12/2008 1:12:00 PM

I actually really liked this product. I like light products rather than cakey stuff so it was perfect for me.

I don't know baout the skin clearing aspects of it, I don't expect that anyhow.

I just bought it to cover up the shininess liquid foundation left on my face and this definitely did the job. It's matte and light, so its perfect for me.

on 5/15/2008 5:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

It's a bad sign when someone like me—who is all about using beauty products until the very last drop because I hate letting things go to waste—has only used this powder for a week and is already wanting to throw it away.

PROS:
The packaging is pretty. Yep, that's about it.

CONS:
- No matter how little you apply, whether you use the (terrible quality) foam applicator included in the powder or a powder brush, it comes off looking horribly cakey.
- Personally, I found that my face would be shiny after less than an hour of applying
- You can barely tell you're wearing it... in a bad way

Not a smart choice, girls. Stay away!