Sisley Oil Free Fluid Foundation

4.4

Water/Eau(Aqua), Cyclopentasiloxane, Propylene Glycol, Silica, Dimethicone, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone (Dimethicone Copolyol), Polyethylene, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Disodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Sodium Chloride, Beeswax/Cire D'Abeille (Cera Alba), Phenoxyethanol, Acrylates Copolymer, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract, Tilia Cordata Flower Extract, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Gardenia Florida Extract, Methylparaben, Fragrance (Parfum), Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben. May contain [+/-: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)]. (cont. benzyl benzoate, benzyl salicylate, cinnamyl alcohol, citronellol, coumarin, eugenol, geraniol, hexyl cinnamal, hydroxycitronellal, limonene, linalool, alpha-isomethyl ionone).

on 3/27/2012 10:43:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

What an unfortunate investment I made.

I used this foundation for about 5-6 months. (I hate when people write a review for something they've used once - other than eye shadow, nail polish, etc. claiming it caused them to break out. You actually need to give something time to see whether that particular product is the break out culprit or whether it's something else that's changed in your routine or your environment. Anyway, moving on...)

I liked this at first - the color match was perfect on my pale skin - but it was too much for my sensitive, acne-prone skin. This did not make me break out right away, but, over time, acne that I had under control before using this foundation reared its ugly head. This fluid has added fragrance, AND the second ingredient is cyclopentasilixane, so beware if you're sensitive to either or both.

(I also happened to start using the Tarte Amazonian Clay Matte Waterproof Bronzer a few months after starting this foundation, which just compounded the acne factor. Yuck.)

I would recommend this perhaps to women with more mature skin who need more help holding in moisture. Or perhaps even to those with pustules and papules. But it's probably not for those of us who suffer from cystic acne.

Oh, also, the packaging is heavy, and the plastic cap that covers the pump broke in like two days. I'd expect a hydraulic pump or something for a bottle that costs $119 USD! Ha.

on 1/20/2012 3:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

Wow, I wish I was as wowed as the other reviewers but I found this just very average bordering on disappointing and for 100 dollars I should be loving this right? Um no. It's seems lately when I shovel out the big bucks for a makeup product I walk away very disappointed not to mention with a lighter wallet and not finding the wonders folks are talking about. Meanwhile have found some great handspring-inducing finds at the drugstore.

Pros: Lightweight in feel. Light to medium coverage. Smells beautiful. Oil free.

Cons: Super expensive. Limited colors. Did break me out, not immediately but definitely. Irritated my rosacea and made my mature skin look older because this settled in fine lines and caked on me and my skin is normal/dry right now. Color deepened on me over the day.

I'm NC 25 and bought 1 which is pretty much spot on. Still wish I could return it but bought on Amazon so stuck with this. Lesson learned.

on 1/11/2012 1:57:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Fantastic product with a truly unique effect on skin. Hands down the best foundation in the market worthes every penny. Light, velvety and really luxurious, definately a must have....

on 10/22/2011 12:24:00 PM

HANDS DOWN THE BEST FOUNDATION :D I've tried a few high end foundations and all of them broke me out :( and I never tried the Sisley foundation until I saved enough money..... OMG the firs day I used it I couldn't believe it :'D I finally found my HG foundation, it not only doesn't break me out BUT IT IMPROVES MY SKYN and it looks VERY natural, almost like if u r not wearing anything AMAZING PRODUCT

on 8/23/2011 2:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Excellent foundation.I am NC 25 and I bought shade number one ivory.Unfortunately very expensive.In Turkey the price of Estee Lauder double wear foundation is 85 turkish liras and this one is 200 turkish liras.But it's worth that price.İ will buy it again.

on 7/17/2011 8:05:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I normally don't wear foundation as I don't really need it and the feeling of it on my face is disagreeable, but I bought this for special occasions. I put it on at 11am, then went out all day and night for a friends stagette, danced the night away, came home, and my makeup still looked great (maybe not my eyes...). It's true that skin needs to be very moisturized/primed before using this, but it looks great. The only downfall is the price.

on 6/29/2011 2:05:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This foundation is hands-down the BEST foundation out there in the market. Prior to this it was Chanel Teint Innocence but after that got discontinued and had enough problems looking for another HG foundation, I stumbled across this one. Mind you this foundation (like all Sisley products) is outrageously priced at $130 Cdn (before taxes) BUT I bought it and do NOT regret buying it. It gives me the luminosity and glow from within that I want. It is long lasting for sure and does not become blotchy during the day nor does it change colour during the day. The texture of this foundation is very light and I don't even feel like I'm wearing foundation - its literally 'My face but better'. I will warn those heavy coverage foundation lovers that this is a very sheer foundation and will only even out my skintone (which I love) as I don't like the heavy coverage. For an oil-free foundation I was not expecting it to provide me with a glow/luminosity but am ESTATIC that it does! I use #1+ and its the PERFECT match for my NC20 skintone. This is my HG foundation and now I just hope it won't get discontinued! Keeping my fingers crossed. Wish I could give this 10 lippies and more!

on 6/22/2011 4:23:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is the only liquid foundation I use anymore. It is silky in texture- more on the runny side. It gives medium coverage, and looks very natural.

It does have a slight powdery scent to it, which is nice compared to Sisley's face products which smell terrible. The color I have matches me perfectly, and a little goes a long way.

I have the loose powder to set it, but it isn't necessary.

on 5/9/2011 2:20:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Best foundation I have ever tried. Looks and feels phenomenal. Does not melt or fade throughout the day. Covers well without feeling heavy. Will not break out my temperamental skin. Skin feels soft, smooth, fresh.

on 5/5/2011 10:16:00 PM

I have the feeling I've reviewed this prodcut already under "marie66"? Anyway, this is still my favourite foundation, and the best make up you could ever buy. I got married with it on in 2003 and still buy it.
It gives you perfect, natural coverage and a lovely shade.
It's an excellent luxurious product, so reserved for special occasions.