July 28, 2014 | 1309 users online

Lips - Vaseline - Vaseline

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2012 3:35:00 AM More reviews by eleesha21

I seriously LIVED on vaseline. I have super dry lips and vaseline helped alot. But make sure to put on a little, too much and it will slide all over the place. Also for me it really helps to wash my hands before I even put anything on my lips, that way my lips will stay clean. I would buy this again but I discovered AQUAPHOR which is a way better version of vaseline. I use it everyday and it hydrates my lips. However the downfall is that both of these products make your lips super shiny, especially aquaphor. Besides that I totally recommend these 2 products!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2012 8:02:00 AM More reviews by slightlyobsessive

I can't live without Vaseline! i don't like the really big pot you get in like the babies section because it smells weird but I absolutely cannot live without the little Lip Treatment pots. I constantly have three on the go. Cocoa Butter, Rosy Lips, Aloe Vera, normal - whatever. The only one I wouldn't recommend is the one with sunscreen because it tastes very chemically, I use Carmex in the summer instead for SPF. I have never found another lipbalm that keeps my lips as soft. I have to use cherry Chapstick in work because I find it very unhygienic to be working a till and constantly dipping my fingers into a pot of balm and it does not work as well, so I marked the Vaseline pot a 3 for packaging because i think the tube version is better sometimes. Also, a bit of strange advice - I used to wear the Rosy Lips lip butter treatment to bed and wake up with pink all over my white sheets, so I would say use one of the clear ones if you're going to wear it when sleeping.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2012 12:55:00 AM More reviews by beabeautyqueen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I use Vaseline on my lips at night. It helps them to stay moisturized. Sometimes I also wear it ontop of lipstick, particuarly if it is a matte lipstick, as it adds a bit of shine. Not a fan of the standard packaging, nor the pot form. It'd be great if Vaseline could develop a tube applicator, as the finger method is quite unhygenic if you are not near a bathroom where you can wash your hands. I wouldn't say Vaseline lasts very long on your lips, but it will keep them moisturized! Enjoy, beautyqueens!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 4/9/2012 10:46:00 AM More reviews by kes1234

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I hate this stuff as a lip balm. I bought it after reading a lot of rave reviews and was very disappointed.
It has a really unpleasant texture - greasy and not as thick as most lip balms I've tried. It didn't seem to stay where I put it and ended up over my lip line. It didn't last very long and I don't think it did my lips any good at all.

It does work well as an overnight foot treatment though - cover your feet in Vaseline and put on a pair of socks before bed for soft feet the next day.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2012 8:58:00 AM More reviews by startline

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have full lips, which you'd think would be a good thing, but almost every lipstick or lip gloss I've used makes my mouth look spectacularly disproportionate to the rest of my features. Vaseline is pretty much my lifesaver - it moisturizes and adds a little colour without making me look silly.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2012 5:53:00 AM More reviews by wonderlandd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought a 3.75 oz jar of Vaseline over two years ago, and still have SO much left. It's amazing for my lips! I'll swipe some on throughout the day and a little bit at night (I don't like too much products on my lips when I sleep). I also use this as a lip primer before I wear lip stains, lipsticks, etc. I also use this OVER them. Actually, can someone tell me if that's a bad idea? I hear Vaseline is good for removing makeup... so would it cause my lip color to come off faster? Anyway, I love this. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2012 8:53:00 PM More reviews by felissajohnson

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I picked up a travel size jar of this at Walmart for $1.47 and I am glad I did. I really love the new flip top lids, they are very convenient. I still remember the old school containers, so this is much better and more attractive. I have been using these on my lips at night right before bed and it has worked wonderfully. I actually got the idea from reading someone's review on here (can't remember the person's name) where they said they used it on their lips at night. It stays for the most part till the morning, kind of depending on how much I apply, but then again I am a wild sleeper and I could be wiping if off on my pillow and not realizing it. But anyway, if I put on a little extra it stays longer. I wipe it off after brushing my teeth with a warm, wet cloth and my lips feel as soft as cotton and as smooth as butter. I love it! I'm glad I finally decided to buy this after I had sort of been stalking it in the bins for a while. I don't use it everynight, but usually every other night because I use a balm on other nights and I am not sure how harmful vaseline can be using it consistently every night. but still it's a great product for the lips, which is the only thing I use if for right now.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2012 8:50:00 AM More reviews by JV08

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is the only product that ever works on my lips to keep them from chapping. I've experimented with every trend/brand/you name it, and always come back to Vaseline. I am an avid runner, and swear by it for any sort of facial or lip chapping.

My only advice- if you live somewhere warm, make sure not to leave it in your car on a summer day. You WILL have a slimy mess that's impossible to clean!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2011 12:44:00 AM More reviews by dawnfire90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love the new lids, much more convenient. I use vaseline on my lips and feet at night and it makes them both super soft. Vaseline on my lips is more moisturizing than anything else I have tried.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/4/2011 9:44:00 PM More reviews by smohamed04

I use vaseline on my face during the winter. When the weather is extremely cold (as it gets in Canada) I get redness on my face that doesn't seem to go away.

I started using Vaseline on the redness at nighttime and it's the only thing that works for me to get rid of it!

Try it, it works!!!