Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

3.5

Water, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Acrylates/Steareth-20 Methacrylate Copolymer(thickening agent), Glycerin, PEG-200 Hydrogenated Glyceryl Palmate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Butylene Glycol(preservative, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Phenoxyethanol, Masking Fragrance, Panthenol, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben.

on 12/1/2014 10:56:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have had high hopes of this given it is said in the packaging that it foams. But it doesn't.. it's no different from the ones for normal skin but just more expensive.

I don't like cetaphil cleansers and cream.

on 11/29/2014 1:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I've had acne since 5th or 6th grade. I went on Accutane in the 8th grade and that helped tremendously. Since this past summer, my skin has been a terrible mess. Not as bad as 8th grade, but pretty rough. It leaves purple scarring on my paler skin in the winter. It all started in August of this year. I started to get smaller pimples that kept getting worse. It is now November 29th, and has just progressed even worse. I am on doxycycline right now and have been on that for 19-20 days, but it hasn't really kicked in. I also use clindamycin twice a day. It's extremely frustrating but I know I just have to be patient. This cleanser is very gentle and gets my makeup off perfectly. I was using too many harsh chemicals on my face. This definitely helps to dry them up and makes my feel really soft and less oily, without over drying the rest of my face. I used benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid, and other chemicals, they just made my face extremely red and made my acne look way worse. Honestly, the simpler, the better. It will do way less harm to your skin in the long run. I have learned my lesson that this summer, I am going to cover my face with sun screen and wear a hat. I think that's why I break out so bad after Summer, because I simply don't protect my skin and all of that sweat builds up in my pores.

on 11/27/2014 11:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I've tried so many cleansers for my acne-prone skin over the past years but never could find one that I could remain loyal to. I've finally settled on this one as being the best one for me since it doesn't overly dry my skin or cause it to break out. It's not the greatest at removing makeup the first time, so I usually find myself cleansing my face a second time just to make sure I've removed it all. Occasionally, I will mix this cleanser with regular table salt to exfoliate my skin. This is the only cleanser I've used for the past year and don't see myself switching anytime soon.

on 11/25/2014 6:48:00 PM

A non comedogenic product so it does not cause more spots so it's a good option for acne prone skin like mine. I use this with a facial sponge to work it in the skin as the product doesn't lather. I use this daily, and once a week I use a facial scrub. It doesn't irritate my skin and is perfume free which is great for me. You'll also notice that it contains the least amount of ingredients so it's the most gentle cleanser great for those who have sensitive skin

on 10/17/2014 10:40:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This cleanser is terrible for acne prone skin people that wear foundation. Smells awful, doesn't clean, doesn't rinse. I've had better results with ponds cold cream for acne.

on 9/24/2014 10:42:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

This just was not a good match for my skin.
I tried both the regular and the one for oily skin.
Neither worked.
My skin hated these cleansers. I broke out like crazy and my skin produced more oil.
They did not clean very well at all!
As a matter of fact I have better cleaning results from lotion and a tissue.

The good news... if this does work for your skin then a bottle will last forever!
It seemed like I would never be done with it.

on 9/12/2014 7:39:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is my absolute HG face cleanser! I have used so many acne washes and medications, I've used high end "blemish" this and "acne" that and nothing works like this does. I recently made the mistake of trying the clinique blemish control range again (which I used to use religiously) and my skin was the worst it has been in years! I had to go on a course of antibiotics just to clear it up (won't make that mistake again) this wash is so cheap, and its isn't too "bubbly"(?) and I quite like the smell (baby powder-ish?) I use it with a clarisonic mia 2 and it keeps my problem skin under control. it doesn't dry it out, even when I'm using harsh medicated gels, and I have never had a stinging or burning feeling which I get with others. Such a great wash, so if you're struggling and are thinking of trying high end or expensive acne solutions, make sure you try this first!
xoxo Miss Skye

on 8/30/2014 1:16:00 AM

Hair: Red, Other, Medium

Best face wash for my acne-prone, medicated face. When initially on the medication, my skin would be super dry before it got used to it. I used the gentle version of this cleanser and it was a dream! I'm off medication now and I use the normal version everyday. My skin has maintained a beautiful and clean glow besides the one or two hormonal time-of-the-month break outs here and there. Every during those times, this facial cleanser works wonders. Who knew that using a product without all the acids and chemicals used in acne-clearing products would clear my skin better than the ones that include them! HG for sure.

on 8/29/2014 9:54:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

At first, I liked this cleanser. Although, I don't think I will be repurchasing.
I started to notice my face was more dry than normal. I think it was because I was washing with this.

on 8/8/2014 4:05:00 AM

This cleanser has become my holy grail cleanser of all time since it's super gentle on the skin but also gets rid of all the dirty gunk and oils left over on the skin from a long day as well. I have acne prone skin and suffer the occasional pimple here and there but this product keeps my skin at bay and cleanses it very well.