October 2, 2014 | 1385 users online

Mascara - Wet 'n' Wild - Protein Mascara

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2010 2:23:00 PM More reviews by greenfaerie38

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This mascara is mediocre at best. While it does give some color and lovely length, it gave me ridiculous raccoon eyes. I expect mascara to least from morning to night, and this failed at that miserably. On top of all that, it failed to give my lashes any noticeable growth even though I wore it daily for the duration of the summer.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2010 12:17:00 PM More reviews by hillysparklez

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I don't see what's with all these negative reviews. This mascara works awesome for me! I put it over other mascaras to add length, and it darkens, lengthens, curls, everything!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/1/2010 9:12:00 PM More reviews by BarkleyJ

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

Like others have said, if you are looking for something to lengthen or volumize your lashes, this is not the mascara for you. It basically just makes your lashes darker.

It will probably be perfect for my daughter who was blessed with unbelievably long and full lashes and doesn't need anything but a lash tint.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2010 10:08:00 AM More reviews by zero131nh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This mascara is a bit runny which I don't mind, since you can add several layer on without worrying it would be clumpy. And I can say it doesn't clump my lashes at all. It takes longer time to dry, so I have to put it on even before my foundation since I don't have time to wait for it to dry. I can still see my lashes darkened and fuller, plus a little lengthening too. So for the price it's not bad at all. I would buy again since it's so cheap. However, this does smudge. I apply my make up at 7 in the morning and by noon when I go home, I see some smudging under my eyes (although I only brush my upper lashes). I guess that is because this is not waterproof. With those of you who have watery eyes or are planning to use this on wet, rainy days, just beware of this. But again for the price, I love this for my natural style of lashes.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/4/2010 12:56:00 AM More reviews by SmolderMeSuburbia

I am obcessed with mascaras. My lashes are dark and thick, but they don't have the length or curl I'd like, so I'm always up for trying new mascaras. I bought the Wet N Wild Mega Protein Mascara because my favorite mascara had dried out and I was inbetween pay checks. I had to buy something dirt cheap. I wish I had never made the mistake of buying this product. Not only is the price dirt cheap, but so is the quality.

One of the things that attracted me to this product was it's promise to nourish my lashes with it's enriched formula. After wearing this mascara everyday for couple months, there was no noticeable change in the length or thickness of my bare lashes. I don't have any problems with my eyelashes falling out. Perhaps if I had such a problem, I would see some kind of difference.

The brush itself was very standard with spiraling bristles. The wand was relatively tiny, good for getting every individual lash. If I was to compare it to another mascara's brush, I would definitely say Maybelline Great Lash, except smaller. There is really nothing special about it. There are so many new mascara's on the market with innovations in brush design that add so much length and curl to the lashes that this brush did not impress me.

The formula was absolutely disgusting. It just would not dry and I ended up getting black marks all around my eye area that were difficult to remove. I would often have to redo very elaborate eye make up, because it took so much make-up remover to remove the black smears that were over my face. It is the smugdiest mascara I've ever used. I can't say it's the clumpiest though, all though it did clump a bit. It didn't really do much for my lashes at all. They wasn't a dramtatic difference in length or volume. I really just hate the formula. It's the worse mascara I've ever tried.

I love Wet n Wild. For a cheaper than cheap drugstore brand, it has some great products including their highly pigmented Color Icon palettes and their gel liners. The afforementioned products are definitely comparable with MAC. I always find myself running to Wet n Wild for great dupes and reliable beauty products. I love almost every product I've tried from them , but I hate hate hate HATE this mascara.
I would suggest a macara like Rimmel GlamEyes or Rimmel Sexy Curves. If you are willing to invest in a high end product, try DiorShow.
Just stay away from this mascara.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/20/2010 7:16:00 PM More reviews by ZooeyValentine

So I've been using Covergirl's LashExact mascara for a while, but after buying a new tube, my eyelashes started falling out like crazy! They might have changed the mixture. Anyways, so I needed a new mascara, pronto, and I wanted to find a nourishing one. I found the Wet N' Wild Megaprotein at Walmart (in the white and green packaging) and decided to try it because 1) It was so cheap 2)It claims to be nourishing 3)The packaing was nice.
And so far, so good! My eyelashes stopped falling out immediately ( I stopped using the Covergirl one). As others have said, it does nothing for volume, but I do find it gives great length to my eyelashes. I got it in Very Black, and it's a nice dark black. It also smudges a little bit, but I don't mind too much. I'll see how it goes, as I've only been using it for a few days, but I would probably buy this one again.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2010 2:13:00 AM More reviews by AngelJoanna123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

My sister used this and her lashes looked stunning. She isn't very good at putting mascara on, but she did so well with this one. I'm not exactly sure what it does for length or volume. I've never been able to tell with any mascara. I guess it is because I already have long, fairly thick lashes(not trying to brag). I think it is decent and is better for your lashes than other mascaras.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2010 11:40:00 PM More reviews by prncss

I paid under $3 CAD for this from Walmart and I bought the tube with the new white and green packaging. I'm not sure if they changed the formula but I actually found the formula to be too dry. It was so dry that it barely coated my lashes. This did nothing for my skimpy asian lashes. It neither lengthened or volumized, and my lashes looked like there was nothing on them. I really like the small brush but the formula was a disappointment. I will be tossing this in the garbage.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/20/2010 9:14:00 PM More reviews by kiwi36

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I did nottttt like this mascara. At first I thought I could get by with using it a few times and it'd be okay. It's not. it is really, really runny. Very Runny. I bought it for $1.99, i was just in the mood to try it, but have no plans on doing that agian. It also "pieced" my lashes together into sections and din't look good. But the color is really dark and nice.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2009 11:19:00 AM More reviews by PARA_NOIR

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a very basic, plain black mascara. It doesn't flake or smear off, which is a big plus. But it's a bit clumpy - more than a coat or two will give you spider lashes. Also, you won't get a lot of length or volume with this. What you will get is dramatically BLACK lashes. This is a very dark black mascara. I wish the formula was a bit better because the color is perfect!