November 27, 2014 | 1354 users online

Shampoo - Jason Natural Cosmetics - extra rich biotin shampoo

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2010 12:10:00 PM More reviews by ndrulle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Last year, a was loosing hair clumps at a time and my fair was feeling very thin and sparse. I had probably lost 1/3 of my volume over the course of 4 months. I researched ways to help and found that biotin was great for hair health. On top of taking a biotin vitamin supplement, I started using this shampoo. Fast forward about a year later, and my hair is now thick like it used to be. I have stopped the vitamin supplements but continue to use this shampoo.

When I first started using this I my hair kept coming out greasy after showering, and since there aren't sulfates it wasnt creating a sudsy lather like I was used to. I found that if I had just read the bottle I would have avoided this. The bottle recommends that you do a light shampooing at first and then follow it up with a second shampooing. Once I started doing this method, my hair felt squeaky clean!

The smell is nice and refreshing, I find it helps wake me up in the morning :)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2010 1:40:00 AM More reviews by MamaRobs

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

For about three years I wore my hair up in an elastic band every day. You can imagine what that did to my hair. It was broken, dry, brittle and horrible looking. I have used natural hair products for some time now and though my hair looked awful I didn't want to use something unhealthy or non-biodegradable. So, I've been trying different brands and products for years (even tried no poo!), but now I am done.
I LOVE this shampoo. I switched to this shampoo from Yes to Carrots and after a month I started to get compliments from family members on how shiny and healthy my hair looked. It has also made my hair super soft and smooth.
I recently went on a trip for a week and used whatever shampoo was around. Boy was I glad to get back to my Biotin shampoo! This will go everywhere with me from now on.
I can't wait to see what happens when I get the conditioner too!
I also removed one lippy for smell. It's stinky and I can taste it in my mouth when it's on my head (I know, weird, right!?) and I hate that, but the product is so great it's worth it.
Follow the directions on the bottle. I get great lather doing so.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2010 2:28:00 AM More reviews by Malpal

I have to say, I really like this shampoo. I have read that a lot of people complained about lather and soap, but you have to realize that this is a sulfate free shampoo, meaning you aren't going to get those ultra suds like you would from other brands.

I can get it right in my grocery store and its one of the few sulfate free shampoos I can get in my area. Not a terrible price at $7.99

I have naturally curly, thick hair which gets brittle with harsh shampoos. This shampoo has left my hair very soft and bouncy.

On a side note, my boyfriend (and avid suave user) recently developed a severely itchy scalp. It looked as if he had a red rash on his head. I purchased this shampoo for him because of the marigold (natural itch reliever) and within 2 days his scalp was back to normal. It has even helped his mild dandruff.

I am very happy with this shampoo. I have also tried their tea tree shampoo, but I prefer this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2010 3:52:00 PM More reviews by beckhamlvr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Love this! I was a little unsure about buying this but I'm so glad I did. I have fine thin hair so I was didn't know if it'd actually do anything for my hair but I can definitely tell a difference and so can others! I've gotten so many compliments that my hair looks thicker and has more life. I highly recommend this!

EDIT: I got my hair dyed and cut yesterday and my hair dresser immediately asked me what I did to my hair because it looks so much fuller. He was actually impressed! I really recommend this!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2010 7:38:00 PM More reviews by missrachelkennedy

Firstly, I am glad I read many reviews as well as the direcions on the bottle BEFORE trying this shampoo. It says to use a small amount of shampoo to do a light lather first, then wash your hair regularly for good reason. If you don't follow the directions, this shampoo doesn't lather.

That being said, when used correctly, I got a very rice lather. I love the smell of this product and the light tingling sensation when rubbing into my scalp. I used this daily with the biotin conditioner and achieved some very nice results. After a few days, my hair was more manageable and felt softer to the touch. After a couple weeks, just taking a section of hair in my hand and gently tigging at it - I could tell both strencth and thickness had imporved.

Only two bad things can be said. 1 - I can't find this anywhere where I live, so I have to order online. And 2 - I can't stop touching my own hair after I use this shampoo/conditioner duo!

Bottom line: reccomended.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2010 5:53:00 AM More reviews by Carybear

After a GI barium study 6 mos ago, some of the heavy metals leaked into my body causing Telogen Effluvium. Couple that with over use of a *certain* Neutrogena shampoo and I had a receeding hairline due to breakage,and lots of diffuse hair loss.
I cut it short again and after seeing some YouTube reviews, I decided to ditch all shampoos with parabens and chemicals and try J/A/S/O/N's Biotin Shampoo and Conditioner. I am sorta pissed that there is dimethicone in this shampoo (after being led to believe there was no such thing) and this shampoo has a depressingly clinical smell...I mean yuck...I've found that my hair is growing back strong and thick...and quickly! I don't think one should use this product to thicken thin hair shafts...rather thicken hair that's thinned out or is growing back. I took off a lippie because it smells awful and it doesn't lather all that great. Can't have it all I guess! Still, I would re buy!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2009 12:59:00 PM More reviews by Knitarooooo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the first "natural" shampoo I've used and it has greatly improved the condition of my fine, limp hair. It looks thicker and is shinier after only a few days of use. I color my hair and over the past year it has gotten very dry and splitty from the chemical processing. This shampoo is very gentle and I like the minty fragrance. It removed all the built-up product in my hair without stripping it. Am curious about the matching conditioner so will try that too.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/18/2009 9:11:00 AM More reviews by dahliakatz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My husband swears by it -- he doesn't condition afterward, which might address some people's concerns about it leaving a 'coated' feeling. His slightly thin hair looks thick and shiny and fantastic, and this is all he uses. I used to like it myself, until I chemically treated it, and now I have to use more moisturizing stuff.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/8/2008 1:37:00 AM More reviews by kjjamm808

Does not lather a lot, so you need to wash your hair twice. Used this with Matrix Biolage X-tra Balm Conditioner and my hair felt clean, soft and shiney. I have thicker hair with blonde highlights and this did not damage my color. Also did not leave a residue. UPDATE: After 2 days, hair is greasy and starting to fall out, not good results considering this shampoo is supposed to strengthen hair. Avalon Organics was much superior to this!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/19/2008 8:57:00 PM More reviews by KatFisch

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm not too impressed with this shampoo to be honest. It smells weird, and contains silicones (granted, they are really low down on the list but it still seems odd to have them in a natural, (and what I thought was getting) silicone free shampoo. It has an odd minty, herbal smell -- this shampoo does contain menthol as the second to last ingredient but you can definitely smell it.

I will use this shampoo up, but I won't be repurchasing. Too bad, because it is paraben free, they don't test on animals and contains a lot of wonderful ingredients.