April 17, 2014 | 1433 users online

Shampoo - Jason Natural Cosmetics - extra rich biotin shampoo

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2010 3:52:00 PM More reviews by beckhamlvr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Love this! I was a little unsure about buying this but I'm so glad I did. I have fine thin hair so I was didn't know if it'd actually do anything for my hair but I can definitely tell a difference and so can others! I've gotten so many compliments that my hair looks thicker and has more life. I highly recommend this!

EDIT: I got my hair dyed and cut yesterday and my hair dresser immediately asked me what I did to my hair because it looks so much fuller. He was actually impressed! I really recommend this!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2010 7:38:00 PM More reviews by missrachelkennedy

Firstly, I am glad I read many reviews as well as the direcions on the bottle BEFORE trying this shampoo. It says to use a small amount of shampoo to do a light lather first, then wash your hair regularly for good reason. If you don't follow the directions, this shampoo doesn't lather.

That being said, when used correctly, I got a very rice lather. I love the smell of this product and the light tingling sensation when rubbing into my scalp. I used this daily with the biotin conditioner and achieved some very nice results. After a few days, my hair was more manageable and felt softer to the touch. After a couple weeks, just taking a section of hair in my hand and gently tigging at it - I could tell both strencth and thickness had imporved.

Only two bad things can be said. 1 - I can't find this anywhere where I live, so I have to order online. And 2 - I can't stop touching my own hair after I use this shampoo/conditioner duo!

Bottom line: reccomended.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2010 5:53:00 AM More reviews by Carybear

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

After a GI barium study 6 mos ago, some of the heavy metals leaked into my body causing Telogen Effluvium. Couple that with over use of a *certain* Neutrogena shampoo and I had a receeding hairline due to breakage,and lots of diffuse hair loss.
I cut it short again and after seeing some YouTube reviews, I decided to ditch all shampoos with parabens and chemicals and try J/A/S/O/N's Biotin Shampoo and Conditioner. I am sorta pissed that there is dimethicone in this shampoo (after being led to believe there was no such thing) and this shampoo has a depressingly clinical smell...I mean yuck...I've found that my hair is growing back strong and thick...and quickly! I don't think one should use this product to thicken thin hair shafts...rather thicken hair that's thinned out or is growing back. I took off a lippie because it smells awful and it doesn't lather all that great. Can't have it all I guess! Still, I would re buy!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2009 12:59:00 PM More reviews by Knitarooooo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the first "natural" shampoo I've used and it has greatly improved the condition of my fine, limp hair. It looks thicker and is shinier after only a few days of use. I color my hair and over the past year it has gotten very dry and splitty from the chemical processing. This shampoo is very gentle and I like the minty fragrance. It removed all the built-up product in my hair without stripping it. Am curious about the matching conditioner so will try that too.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/18/2009 9:11:00 AM More reviews by dahliakatz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My husband swears by it -- he doesn't condition afterward, which might address some people's concerns about it leaving a 'coated' feeling. His slightly thin hair looks thick and shiny and fantastic, and this is all he uses. I used to like it myself, until I chemically treated it, and now I have to use more moisturizing stuff.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/8/2008 1:37:00 AM More reviews by kjjamm808

Does not lather a lot, so you need to wash your hair twice. Used this with Matrix Biolage X-tra Balm Conditioner and my hair felt clean, soft and shiney. I have thicker hair with blonde highlights and this did not damage my color. Also did not leave a residue. UPDATE: After 2 days, hair is greasy and starting to fall out, not good results considering this shampoo is supposed to strengthen hair. Avalon Organics was much superior to this!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/19/2008 8:57:00 PM More reviews by KatFisch

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm not too impressed with this shampoo to be honest. It smells weird, and contains silicones (granted, they are really low down on the list but it still seems odd to have them in a natural, (and what I thought was getting) silicone free shampoo. It has an odd minty, herbal smell -- this shampoo does contain menthol as the second to last ingredient but you can definitely smell it.

I will use this shampoo up, but I won't be repurchasing. Too bad, because it is paraben free, they don't test on animals and contains a lot of wonderful ingredients.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2008 7:47:00 PM More reviews by ladyoftheforest

I'm really surprised that more people didn't like this shampoo. It's extremely popular on Vitacost, which is where I got it for $3.99. This is the only shampoo I've ever used that actually made a difference in my hair. After a couple of weeks of using, I noticed that my hair is visibly thicker and healthier looking. Plus it has a nice clean smell, nothing over-powering or fake-smelling about it. I love this stuff and can't wait to try it with the matching conditioner.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/23/2008 3:18:00 PM More reviews by chiyo_no_saru

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Not a bad shampoo, but it never got my hair super clean. I don't except my hair to be dry and squeaky after I wash it, but I expect it to be cleaner than this got it--and I always washed twice in a row like the instructions said.

It did keep my color nice, thought, and I think it helped strengthen my hair.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/22/2008 11:29:00 PM More reviews by LexiB

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I feel bad for thinking that this isn't a good shampoo/conditioner set, because it's cruelty-free. I think that's great, but I definitely don't like how it makes my hair feel--despite the fact that biotin is good for hair, it made my hair feel strangely knotted, not silky at all. it almost felt like I wasted a hair-washing, since I can't wash my hair often or it will be stripped of natural oils. At the same time, I used to use it and it didn't give me trouble back then...I think....