December 22, 2014 | 1330 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Select Sheer Pressed Powder

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2013 3:38:00 PM More reviews by HaNNieSvedje

This product is my essential, I can't live without it. It gives just the right amount of coverage, not too much, and not too little. I also love the sponge it comes with. I buy a new one about every 6 weeks, I use it so much. The only reasons I didn't give it a 5 star is because I think it is very expensive, and the coverage doesn't last as long as I'd like, I need to top it up again every hour or so.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2013 12:18:00 PM More reviews by makeupstuffs

I came here to express my love for this product. I have been using the select sheer pressed powder in NC15 for 2 months now. I was previously using the chanel poudre universalle pressed powder (translucent). Although I loved how finely milled the product was and how it never caked, it was not matte enough for my ridiculously oily skin and i could do with a tiny bit more coverage. So i tried the mac which is another very finely milled product. I love it because it disguises my massive pores and it has a matte finish (more matte than the studiofix powder which i don't find matte at all within half an hour on my greasy skin). This gives me an airbrushed finish and looks good throughout the day (not as good as in the morning as I just produce too much oil). Initially I didn't like it because I was used to the chanel which doesn't cake at all and is very sheer, this has more coverage which I now find amazing as for the first time i hardly need to use liquid foundation just a bit in my t zone (to help with the massive pores) then i use concealer for spots and brush this all over with a powder brush (Mac 129).
Personally I would describe this as a light-buildable coverage finely milled powder good for oily/combination skin types and those with large pores. This doesn't cake on me (may do on drier skins). NB: This in NC15 is equivalent to NC20 in the studiofix powder so for very pale skin types (porcelain) might not work. Also not great for dry skin due to very matte/powdery nature.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2013 2:28:00 AM More reviews by marinnashea

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Was introduced to MAC a few years ago & won't use anything else. I truly love all the products I have tried. Worth every penny. :)

Select Sheer/Pressed
NC30

rated 4 of 5 on 12/25/2012 4:30:00 PM More reviews by kellyyxo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i really like this powder and i have repurchased it. provides a nice coverage and sets my foundation really well. only downside is that it can cake up if you apply to much product and it does "crack" a litle throughout the day on the dry parts of my skin (like my t zone). overally i really do like this product though, i use it daily.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/28/2012 11:28:00 AM More reviews by GGnumber1fan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This pressed powder by MAC is one of my favourite products MAC offers. It is also one of the first products I've ever used by MAC. It's SUPER silky and blends over your skin seamlessly. I use it to set makeup before heading out the door. I've already hit pan a while ago, but it has definitely lasted me a while. It costs $24.00 US which really isn't too bad, considering this is a high-end makeup product. I bring this powder everywhere I go. It fits easily anywhere, even in your pocket- it's great! Like most MAC powders, this comes with a powder-puff. I personally LOVE it, it really allows the powder to press onto my skin as opposed to let it sit over it, (if that makes sense). Otherwise, I just use a regular powder brush, or a kabuki.

I wear shade NC25 even though I'm probably more of an NW25. It's OK though because the yellow-undertones soothe any redness on my face. As I said, the product blends seamlessly- it's extremely finely milled and does NOT make you look powdery or cakey. This is a sheer powder- it's honestly like the matte version of the MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural, which I own as well.

Overall, if you haven't tried this powder yet, you definitely need to; just try it on when you visit a MAC store or counter. I would FOR SURE recommend this over most powders MAC has to offer. If you're on the hunt for a sheer powder that will give you just a tad more coverage but won't look powdery- this is for you!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2012 12:47:00 PM More reviews by asherzoby

MAC is my go to brand currently for foundation as the price is reasonable at 40 SGD and the colour great on my skin. Skin appears way brighter than most powder i have used to date. The powder does a great job with setting my studio sculpt foundation and it last for about 6 hours a day without touch up. i hardly do touch ups though so i can't comment on whether the make up would cake. the only drawback - the sponge! it does not last as long as the powder does.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2012 11:01:00 PM More reviews by flylikeacg

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT, I think this is my second time repurchasing this product, yup second time sounds really little but this product goes a long way, i use this to set all of my foundations and i just LOVE IT. i love sheer powders and this just does the job:) and it keeps my face matte the entire day which is what i like(:

rated 1 of 5 on 9/24/2012 8:42:00 AM More reviews by bamnramn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Kinky, Other Eyes: Blue

So basically im absoloutley in love with this product. First things first. I have crap skin. Its red and discouloured and basically looks horrible without makeup. I dont really have acne or anything, but i do get blackheads on my nose and my skin is just not aestheticly pleasing..sadly. I have normal to dry skin with a VERY VERY VERY oily t - zone. so basically i classify myself as oily. because my t-zone is just so damn oily!
Basically i have tried it all, Australis fresh and flawless powder, Australis pressed powder, MAC studio fix powder, Dior skin forever powder, Makeup forever pressed powder, Cover girl clean powder, you name it - ive tried it! they were all crap at controlling oil and keeping me matte.
For some unknown reason, this product (MAC select sheer pressed powder in NC15) manages to keep me really matte for about 5 -6 hours before needing to blott (mainly blott my nose), The lasting powder is pleasently surprising, It doesnt seperate or smudge off and the coverage is desent, this wont cover your big red pimples but it will cover your redness and give you an airbrushed look. All i do is really give a quick dust over towards the end of the day and im set for another 6 hours. I honestly couldnt believe it...i really didnt have high hopes for this product but i LOOOOOVE it! It also has cute/convienient packaging! i lso apply it with just a random sigma powder brush, just FYI.
NOW FOR THE CONS! *dun dun dun*
As amazing as this product is, and that its the only product ive ever used that ive been satisfied with, Its the only product i react to (typical, right?). So basically its clogged my pores and i can feel it giving me pimples. Its made my blackheads worse and no matter how much i try to cleanse my skin it just wont come out. I am RELIGEOUS with skin care. I use a mixture of proactiv and dermalogica and nothing will remove this product from your pores. This surprised me due to the pruduct being rather sheer and finely milled...but whatever i guess. I really wish MAC would re-think these types of things. because im going to have to discountinue use...I am truley devistated due to the fact ive been wearing makeup for 4 years and this is the best product ive ever tried coverage wise and lasting power wise and now i cant use it. Absoloutley gutted.
So basically if you dont suffer from clogged pores this product is probably ideal, but people with problematic skin should probably stay away from this. Thats my reccomendation anyways...UGH I HATE MAKEUP! lol

rated 3 of 5 on 9/18/2012 2:09:00 AM More reviews by mariapastel

I loved the coverage of this product. It made my skin look flawless. BUT like all other expensive makeups it contained bismuth and talc which Im allergic to!! It did not make break out right away but it caused me rash, black heads and little bumps that would not go away even with a good skin care routine, so had to returned it. So sad because I loved the coverage but If you have sensitive acne prone skin stay away from this product.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2012 12:56:00 AM More reviews by Xxkonixx

it's a very good quality pressed powder, very finely milled and provide light coverage. However i gives it 4 lippies instead of 5 it's coz it gives a very matte and powdery finish which i'm not crazy about because my skin is very breakup prone so this powder seems to accentuate all the bumps on my face instead of camoflashing them. But i will carry it around for touch up while it does a great job controlling oil without drying your skin out.

UPDATE: this powder breaks me out like no othersss.........after retrying it again when i found it sitting in my drawer for only one day.........i came home with 4 big cysts that wasn't there in the morning....and small bumps that i had here and there got bigger........i haven't broken out like this for a whileee..............And this is the only item that i changed from my regular daily face routine....so this has to be ittt!!!!!!!!!!!! Beware!!!!!!!!