October 25, 2014 | 1665 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Double Wear [old formula - REFORMULATED]

REFORUMULATED 2012 Please see http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=159975/Double-Wear-Stay-in-place-Makeup/Estee-Lauder/Liquid for the current formulation of this product

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2013 12:11:00 AM More reviews by fongyukyuu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This is my first liquid foundation that I've tried and the first 2-3 times I tried it, I have to admit that I absolutely hated it; I have clogged, noticeable pores on my nose and it just served to highlight it. But otherwise, I loved how it evened out my skin tone; I didn't even realize how discolored my skin is until I put it on and I don't even recognize myself anymore! I looked like a perfect doll! However, to my surprise, I tried it again recently and it did not look bad at all; although it still highlighted my pores, it was much better. I cannot speak to oil-control until next time, but shade-wise, I think I found my true love!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2013 3:11:00 PM More reviews by CheshireCat88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have used this foundation for years and will continue to do so, it glides on and stays put all day, i never even have to think about how it looks at all. It covers well and looks as good at the end of the day as it did in the morning.
    The only con is that you really have to make sure its blended in well and you have no tell-tale lines on your face/neck.

Yes its expensive but definitely worth the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2013 4:59:00 PM More reviews by tiggynink

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Double wear was the first high end foundation I ever used, and I still use it to this day! Although I may purchase other foundations, I always have this one in my collection as it is a must have for covering up problem skin. I am the colour ECRU and this suits my skin perfectly (in the winter!). I find with this foundation the shades are very skin like, unlike some cheaper brands which shades tend to all be a variety of orange!

Pro's
    Full Coverage
    Lovely true-to-skin shades
    Covers up imperfections better than any other foundations
    Transfer & sweat resistant - stays on ALL day
    Matt finish
    Doesn't feel cakey

Con's
    Smells like paint
    Gives you really bad flashback in photographs - not sure if this is just the pale shades, make sure you wear plenty of bronzer if you are going to be photographed!
    Messy bottle

Given all the above, I will definately continue to purchase this foundation as nothing is comparable to it really. People comment on how lovely my skin is but its really not that great without make-up! If you are looking for a high coverage foundation that lasts all day then you will love this.

If you are looking for a radiant and natural looking foundation then this may not be for you.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/16/2013 12:17:00 AM More reviews by msjaim

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

i normally use lancome teint idole & miracle in bisque 9w & suede 0 in the summer. ive heard so much about the double wear, so i went & color matched myself with the honey bronze 4w1. color match is great, but my skin has broken out so badly & I dont have stereotypical sensitive skin. Luckily i only had the sample, but this ish is a no go. now i have to work on getting rid of these bumbs ..boooo

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2013 12:01:00 PM More reviews by Moska01

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love love this foundation. Hands down my favourite foundation!
    Been using it for about 3 years, and everytime i want to change my foundation and try somethimg else, i regret it!
    It stays on for THE WHOLE day! I have acne scar, and this covers it perfectly..

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2013 10:39:00 AM More reviews by Gother

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

Just adding the zillionth positive review for this great foundation. I must confess I already have my own HG foundation, which is by La Mer (by the way it is owned by the same company, isn't it?).
    But I sometimes turn to this for when I need a day long coverage that won't turn orangey or crease or result in dry patches and this is perfect. My shade, as for all EL foundations, is Outdoor Beige (I looove the name!), which matches perfectly my skin.
    This review may be nothing new, but I highly recommend you run to buy a bottle!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2013 5:34:00 PM More reviews by semstar

i just bought this foundation a few days ago and you what I LOVE IT . i got in the fresco 2N2 . i am pale this was the second lightest shade i think and gave me a little colour but still matching my jawline and making me look natural.The Coverage is amazing . Litreally covers all blemishes including redness.
    If you want a flawless look go for it this is the one. i do wish it had a pump as the product is hard to get out.
    Also i don't think i would recommend this one for people with a lot of visible pores , because it does draw attention to the appearance of it as i've seen .
    The smell is a little strong though nothing you cant deal with .
    overall good product , id deffs buy it again !

rated 1 of 5 on 2/12/2013 6:28:00 AM More reviews by liseyloo

I'm not easily impressed by foundations. Here's why:

1. I'm SUPER pale;
    2. I hate touching up throughout the day; and
    3. My t-zone gets greasy after about an hour.

Double Wear somehow combats all of these issues.

I do not have to touch up once in my eight-and-a-half-hour working day. I repeat: ZERO touch-ups. That is the most unbelievable thing for me! My skin stays matte forever!

I can't tell you guys how happy I am to have found Double Wear. I was always hesitant to try it because I thought it'd be way too heavy; fortunately it is easily blended out with my Real Techniques Buffing Brush.

I encourage you to give this a go, I believe the trick to getting it right is being light-handed. My shade is Cool Bone 1C1, for reference. An alternative to Double Wear which I also love is Stila Stay All Day Foundation (comes with its own concealer, too).

EDIT: SO devastated - EL have recently changed their formulation of this product and it is now WAY too yellow for me. SIGH. Sometimes things can be too good to be true (for long).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2013 7:56:00 PM More reviews by Anna12345

I purchased this product (with SPF 10) because I was looking for a semi-matte foundation for my combination skin. I was using Clinique's Anti-blemish Foundation in Fresh Ivory which I have loved using for a long time but I recently felt that it is too matte and ashy looking on me, so I wanted to try a new foundation. I had read great reviews on this product, so I purchased shade 2N1 (Desert Beige) for my fair-to-medium, NC20 complexion. Originally, I was going to get Pure Beige but I was advised against this by a makeup artist because it is similar but slightly pinker than Desert Beige, and I avoid pink foundations because they have a tendency to look ashy/ruddy on me.

Desert Beige is the perfect shade for me: it is neither too neutral nor warm. There is enough warmth (yellow) to cover redness without making me look orange/brown. The colour doesn't change at all with wear. Another great thing about this product is that my T-zone doesn't look oily at the end of the day, and there is not a lot of change in how it looks from when you first apply it in the morning to when you remove it at night.

The finish is medium to full but doesn't look caked on. When first applied, it looks dewy but dries to a semi-matte finish. I think the coverage is excellent and especially suited to people with redness, acne, scarring, etc. It would also suit mature complexions because it doesn't sit in wrinkles and pores.

There are a couple of downsides. One is that it doesn't come with a pump, so pouring the product on to my hand can feel unhygienic and messy. However, I've read that a MAC foundation pump fits on this bottle, so I will probably try this.

The other downside is that it is difficult to remove. I've tried cleansing with exfoliants and products containing AHAs but even after washing my face thoroughly, a thin film of product remains on my face. I haven't worked out how to remove it comletely.

Overall, I think this is an excellent product. I love how it provides excellent colour and coverage without making me look unnatural. I will probably purchase this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2013 3:36:00 AM More reviews by iepiep

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

After reading so much bad reviews about the new reformulated Estée Lauder double wear with no SPF in it. I faster set off to my departmental store and is glad that they are still selling the old formulation in my country. I faster purchase a backup, just in case they change everything to the new formulation.

I love the double wear foundation as I have super oily face. Even if my face is oily, it's still look polished wearing it.. This is what I like about the double wear. I hope they will change back to the old formulation since the new formulation has so many negative feedbacks.