April 23, 2014 | 1383 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Double Wear (old formula)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2013 7:26:00 AM More reviews by flylikeacg

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

THIS IS MY ABSOLUTELY FAVORITE FOUNDATION IN THE WORLD. I live in singapore and i don't think they've reformulated the formula because i only know that happened in america, but i think its the same formula, i heard about this from itsjudytime's first impression on this foundation, i use the shade 2W2 rattan and its quite yellow on me because although they claim to have 30-31 shades available WORLDWIDE , they only have selected colors available for asian skin in singapore, so 2W2 was the closest match, but it blends in perfectly and i can even it my skin tone out with bronzer.

I LOVE THE LASTING POWER OF THIS FOUNDATION. I brought it along with me on my 6 day trip to china and hong kong and the weather was quite hot but i didn't sweat much but it lasted ALL DAY LONG, there was one day where we went to climb mountains and i wore this foundation and it didn't budge AT ALL, i definitely got oily in my t zone but the rest of my face pretty much stayed put. i don't use much of this foundation at all, but one think i hate about this foundation is the packaging that it doesn't come with a pump, what i do is shake it onto my finger and dot it all over my face, i probably do maybe 6-7 dots around my entire face and thats quite little and a little goes a very long way with this product, i loved it so much i went crazy and bought another brand new bottle as back up when i bought my first bottle a month ago and i'm not even 1/4 done with it. its SO GOOD. its definitely FULL COVERAGE and it gives me a SEMI MATTE finish but still looks VERY NATURAL without looking cakey at all! it keeps me matte for at least 5 hours before getting SLIGHTLY OILY IN MY T ZONE, nothing excessively oily with this foundation and i don't wear primer at all, just the body shop tea tree moisturizer which is quite mattifying.

i swear by this foundation so much, i hope estee lauder will NEVER DISCONTINUE this foundation, if they do, i will cry, really i will, its my favorite foundation in this ENTIRE WORLD, doesn't break me out ever and its the best thing ever invented!!!!!!!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2013 3:02:00 PM More reviews by Vanessamucho

Fresco was too dark for me

even brought it back to the counter to see if the MUA could do a better job at finding a match for me with no luck. So, I decided to continue with it. It smelled very odd to me for one thing...very chemically in a very bad way. The bottle has a traditional open top, which I found messy...a pump would be better, cause once you get this around the top and if some drips down the side of the bottle, forget it. Not even rubbing alcohol will get this stuff off the bottle. Then, I realized, like an earlier reviewer mentioned, that this stuff was giving me unbearable pimples on my cheeks. I was so upset, because despite the wrong color match, it did give my skin a nice finish. So, I went off it for a while and then tried it again with the same result. Never buying again

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 10:36:00 PM More reviews by CamiWillians

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My HG for my crazy skin. My skin "eats" foundation, EXCEPT for this wonderful HG coverage. I let my Daywear SPF 30 and eye crm soak in while brushing my teeth, and then I put a bit of this on where I need it. Makes a great base for eye shadow too on the lids too. ; lasts so long, and is worth every penny! Shake it up though so it does not go on too thick and chalky.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 3:24:00 PM More reviews by StephKatz1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I started using this and thought it was the best stuff in the world.

Until after about a month of use I broke out like crazy. So I used their recommended makeup remover to get it off. It made matters worse. So I quit using. It gives a great coverage and matte finish. I would continue using this, but I can't because of the breakouts. You practically have to scrub it off. And then your lucky to get it off after that. A foundation like this possibly could not be good for ones skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/24/2013 5:11:00 PM More reviews by JohnnyMakeup

I tried the new formula in Fresco, which was the most fantastic color match for me. However, it accentuated any pores I never knew about, felt really thick and greasy on my face, shockingly didn't cover much, was hard to blend, shined like a disco-ball and the packaging is so inconvenient.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2013 9:29:00 PM More reviews by postmoderngirl

I'm not sure if this is the old or new formula but I bought it about a month ago. At first I really liked it, but didn't find it very long wearing (any more than revlon colorstay). Yesterday I decided to really test it out and wear it all day, and I was pretty impressed. I loved it. It applies fine for me, and is medium/buildable coverage. I still use concealer on hyperpigmentation. I have combo-oily skin, for reference.. I applied it with a beauty blender type sponge & I wore it over my cetaphil cream (no primer / setting sprays) and set it with my rimmel stay matte powder. I was outside, walking most of the day & checked my face after 7 hours - I only had minimal oil around my nose & forehead but the foundation still looked basically flawless. After another almost 3 hours (almost 10 total) my skin was still oily and it started to wear off around my chin a bit. I never really need my makeup on that long anyways, so it's not really a problem. I hope it continues to work this well for me.. it could be a new favourite.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2013 5:27:00 AM More reviews by loveisblind1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't have an HG foundation yet but this may come close! It is definitely the best medium-full coverage foundation I have found. I have very oily skin with some post-acne marks that I want to cover up. I don't like the cakiness of full coverage foundations. But I found this foundation to be pretty natural looking. The finish is semi-matte. It looks like natural, well balanced looking skin (not like my shiny, oily skin!). It lasted through the workday without shifting. Often times, I get very oily around the nose and my foundation breaks up and shifts around there (Like tetonic plates! lol). But this didn't shift but I still got a bit oily (of course).

I found that this covers the redness very well. It covered the redness around my nose like a pro and it covered my hyper pigmentation well (although not completely. I still had to put a little concealer to finish the job). It still let my freckles show through a bit. So far, for a medium-full coverage foundation, this covers as well as any I've tried but the finish and formula of this is better than those other foundations. My Vichy Dermablend foundation (another medium-full foundation) was really yellow even for my yellow based skin and the foundation was not as smooth as this one. I got 1w1 (Bone) and I'm a NC15-20 (Asian skin). I thought this was a great fit! It is pretty expensive thus why I got mine on ebay!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2013 10:52:00 AM More reviews by jackeetm

This is a great foundation overall. I love it! The coverage is absolutely amazing and the staying power is great. My only frustration with this product is the color selection. Even the colors that are on the warm side have 'red' in them. I'm having a hard time finding a color for my olive skin tone.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2013 2:11:00 PM More reviews by BurcuA

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Best covarage foundation i have ever used.I dont have a porcelain skin normally and this product is perfect to get a perfect look.It is a little bit heavy for daily use but in winter i am also using daily.If you have an oily sking use estee lauder matte perfecting primer for base

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2013 7:41:00 AM More reviews by shescrafty72

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

As most know this is so similar to Revlon Colorstay but IMO, this is slightly better in staying power but not as great with shade selection. For reference I am an NC30-35 in MAC, RCS - Warm Golden and had a hard time color matching DW. I ended up purchasing Ivory Beige which was the closest but it is slightly orangey on me in the winter and works a better when I have a little bit of a tan. All that being said, the staying power and texture of this foundation is AMAZING. As a foundation junkie I have in rotation the following: Tarte Full Coverage, RCS Whipped, MAC Pro Long Wear, Clinique Pore Minimizing, and ELDW....ELDW out lasts all of them on my super oily skin. I apply it with the Tarte Full Coverage Foundation Brush and set it with MAC Mineralize Skin Finish Natural and literally do not touch up during the day. It provides me with a medium to full coverage, sets to a flat matte finish which is great for my pore size, no issues with it transferring once set with powder and stands up to Florida humidity. If not for the color, I would likely only use this foundation but I cannot seem to find one that matches me well year round. One bottle has lasted me a long time and I have not tried the newer version but if they have drastically changed this formula it will be upsetting.