September 18, 2014 | 1927 users online

Concealers - Make Up For Ever - 5 Camouflage Cream Palette

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2012 4:48:00 PM More reviews by purplepan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this set. I have palette #1 and #2. I don't find that this product looks cakey and I get superb coverage from it. I'm not sure why people are having trouble with this product. It's one of the best concealers I've used and I have notoriously difficult skin. I have very very dry skin and very aggressive eczema. And when I say that I mean even my dermatologist doesn't know how to approach it and I rarely find anyone else whose skin looks like mine. That being said, the green covers my facial eczema redness very nicely. I even use it to cover large areas on both my cheeks where I have the most redness and I don't see any caking. I also love the purple highlight color, it works fantastic on the bridge of my nose and on my cheek bones to highlight and accentuate.

This palette also does a fantastic job if covering my dark eye circles, and they are very bad. I've had a terrible sleep schedule since high school because I very often pulled all-nighters to study and my dark circles are terrible. I've had people refer to them as panda eyes and raccoon eyes before as well as people asking me if I have black eye makeup on... Yeah, apparently it's just that tragic. Haha

And on top of all of that, this does a great job of covering blemishes. I have a lot of allergy scarring and hyperpigmentation on my face and it covers fantastic.

I highly, highly recommend.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2012 3:32:00 AM More reviews by hrtbrkr78

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried the No 3 Palette. It melts into your skin and dries to a matte powdery finish. It covered my undereye circles extremely well with fingers. Unfortunately for me, the colors were too light and chalky looking for my NC30 olive/ yellow tone. I looked like I was wearing a mask in photos so it's definitely not a color match, even if I blended the darker colors. These would be great for highlighting and contouring as well in a pinch but a cheaper product would suffice as these palettes aren't so cheap. Mine contains a nice rose color so that could be used as a cream base if for nothing else. I'm bummed I have to look for another color.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/15/2011 5:59:00 PM More reviews by kelsiecurry1

This is a good palette for really pale people like myself. It contains several shades of color so you can mix them if you need a darker color in summer months. I found it covered my blemishes and scars quite well, and I did not experience any issues with "cakey" coverage as some have here. I use the green to cancel out the redness of my scars before applying any foundation or concealer, and my friends have noticed a difference! I do not use anything for my undereye circles (even though I should :() because it would settle into the fine lines I have around my eyes-however, ANY concealer or foundation will do this! Overall, this is a very good buy as you get a large amount of concealer which will last a long time, and it's amazing for super light skinned people like myself who always find matching concealer to be a nightmare!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/3/2011 3:47:00 PM More reviews by crazytlccool

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This thing isn't worth even five bucks. ACTUALLY I think this was originally form the DOLLAR tree but marked up! Green for redness coverage? Maybe if you severely layer it on...luckily the green is covered by your foundation, but then you have a new problem of looking caked up. When I apply lightly, the green does nothing. Same for the salmon color which is supposed to help with the dark under eye circles. It has to be thick and requires me to also use the lightest concealer on top. Makes my undereye area look old!! Out of the other three concealers, only the lightest matches my NW15 skin. I have no purpose for the other two. I don't know why I'd use this dollar tree product when I still have awesome Lancome concealer in the same bag.

And might I add that it completely broke me out??

rated 3 of 5 on 11/26/2011 11:52:00 PM More reviews by cowgirlamber

For the price, I would expect this concealor to cover my blemishes better... but it doesn't. I've tried applying this multiple ways and it just doesn't work as well as the hype said it did. And that's why I bought it... all the hype. The only one I find to be decent is the apricot one for undereyes. Other than that, I think I'll stick to my NYX jar concealor.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/15/2011 2:13:00 PM More reviews by JohanneKristensen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this with my Make Up For Ever High Definition Foundation. And I have to say I was more pleased with the foundation than this one. I maybe think I bought this concealer in a wrong color, but it seems useless to me to have 5 colors in a palette when I only use two colors.
Furthermore, I do not think this covers 100 % and I find that annoying. I actually started using my old concealer from Rimmel - i think it looks more natural on my skin and doesn't get as "cakey" as this one does!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/13/2011 11:47:00 AM More reviews by happyasthesun

I have this is No. 2, intended for "Asian skintones" (more yellow toned, I guess). I have a problem because concealers that are marketed as "universal" are too pink for me (which does not help to conceal redness/pigmentation) and ones marketed for yellow undertones are way too yellow on my skintone. This palette gives me a lovely balance between the two undertones and it's great because you can mix and match.

As someone who tans and pales (? is that the correct verb?) this is a lifesaver because in the end, I'm saving money because I don't need to buy six different concealers. However, only one of the shades (the fourth one from the left) matches me atm. And I'm pretty much at my palest, which means this palette will do nothing for me in the summer. I use the other colors as soft highlighters, though, and it works great down the bridge of the nose or on my cheekbones to give me a brighter complexion without overtly shimmery pink highlighting.

The coverage is great, the top layer was sort of dry but once I worked through the top "dry" layer the creaminess is amazing. Doesn't last ALL day, but no concealer does (for me). A decent purchase, seeing as how I've managed to use the other shades as highlighters, but I don't need a palette of concealers too light for my skintone. Won't repurchase, but I'll use it up.

For those of you whose skin tones are pale and you can't find the right balance between a yellow- and pink-toned concealer, definitely check No. 2 out

rated 3 of 5 on 10/11/2011 11:44:00 AM More reviews by Mrs15Heb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

(I have n1) I decided to add a review on this now even though I just purchased yesterday for my birthday and have just tried it out today for the first time. I need to still keep trying different ways to make it work... That's my biggest gripe.. When I've lusted over something for months and can't wait to get it and have such high hopes and see all these youtube gurus use it and look amazing... I really get pissed when it just doesn't work when you use it the way you've seen everyone else use it... Then you know you have to f around with it and see if it will work... Like I don't want to take it back b/c I want to love it.. But if it isn't going to work I want to just go get something that will work and I am not lusting after any other concealer at the moment... I'd just get a mac studio finish if I took this back.. but that's not as "versatile" as this is made to be.. I do love the salmon color under my eyes. I first use a moisturizer, garnier anti dark circle eye roller, primer (right now it's too faced/RoC anti-aging) and then the salmon concealer before foundation as a color corrector. It didn't crease or dry my under eye area out. I love that. And it did help to brighten but then again maybe I shouldn't have used the garnier b/c that stuff is so amazing anyway maybe that's why it looked good... Anyway... I used the 3rd and 4th skin tone shades to conceal areas on my face where I have redness and breakouts.. and I bought this because I have been breaking out lately a lot just from trying different foundations and moisturizers and primers.. it's always good to just stick with one thing." If it ain't broke don't fix it" So I bought this concealer hoping it wouldn't make my zits worse.. but after trying a sample of Estee Lauder's Double wear my entire chin dried out and with these concealers on trying to cover redness it just is a mess. I knew they probably wouldn't be good on dry skin but I am hoping once my chin clears up from the E.L. disaster the MUFE concealer won't just make my chin get dry or look drier than it really is. I'm on the fence with this one...it contains oils so I thought it may do okay with dry skin.. I don;t think it would dry me out under normal circumstances as i am diligent about exfoliating and moisturizing but if you have dry spots it will make them look worse.. and honestly, it didn't cover my blemishes very well at all... like not at all.. I wasn't happy about it but will update as soon as I come to a conclusion on this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/30/2011 8:01:00 PM More reviews by Strokes95

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I loved this product! I have the one with the green concealer aswell and the green concealer covered up the redness SO AMAZING, i have to say sometimes the product would not stay on all day. I do love this product I simply wouldnt buy it again as it was expensive and I could only use 3 of the tones and the other 2 were too dark :)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2011 5:35:00 PM More reviews by GoddessLaura

I am NC15/MUFE HD 117 and I have this in palette number 1. I find this to be an incredibly useful palette for me. No. 13 is perfect for under my eyes.. but i have to use a hydrating eye cream with it to prevent it from being too drying. No. 15 is great for tackling especially blue areas around my eyes. No. 14 is perfect for my red spots. If I have a particularly red area then I blend a bit of no. 17 (the green one) in with no. 14 to more effectively cancel the red. I do not recommend using the green color on its own. I find these concealers last all day on my oily skin.

The packaging is.. adequate. I often worry about crushing the plastic lid or breaking the hinge... but I've had it 6 months and it hasn't happened yet.

I will repurchase when I use up one of the colors.