April 19, 2014 | 1761 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Maximum Coverage Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 3 of 5 on 10/21/2012 10:25:00 PM More reviews by JullaA

Well, I have had this foundation for about a month now. At first, I was fanatic about this product. I had never had a foundation before that was able to cover up my awful acne scars and melasma. Now that I am out of my puppy love phase, I have come to notice and accept its negative qualities. First off, this foundation oxidizes like crazy. It looks lovely in the morning right before i leave to school, but 8 hours later when i check in the front seat car mirror, I feel like I've eaten too many carrots. My face looks orange! It does not match my neck even in the slightest, and the slim outer rim of my lips are my normal skin color (since my boyfriend just loves kissing it all off -_-) while the bright orange of my face contrasts it ridiculously. Also, this foundation, on multiple occasions, has transferred onto a person's clothing that I have hugged. Once, a boy asked me "How much makeup do you use!?" after noticing the orange smear on his white shirt. Not a good feeling guys :( I am very sad this did not work out :( I am almost certain that people who do not have oily skin problems will like this much better than I, so don't think my experience is a future depiction of yours! I am on to trying Kat Von D's Lock-It foundation, which I just bought today at Sephora. I am very eager to try it!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/8/2012 1:49:00 PM More reviews by NicoIcon999

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have acne. Not horribly bad skin. The problem I run into mostly is covering the scars from picking my skin. After reading so many reviews on the amazing coverage I decided to pick this up. Spending nearly $40 on foundation isn't something I typically splurge on, but it would be worth it if it worked. I almost bought it about a year ago and the woman at the EL counter even told me "oh, you don't need this! This is for people who need a lot of coverage!" So that's what I expected. I have to say, the shade very light was perfect. The coverage however was comparable to revlon colorstay mineral mousse, which is now discontinued I think. The problem I have with both is upon applying, all dry patches show up. After about an hour, all my scars start showing up. I have better luck with maybelline super stay which costs a third of the price and looks way better.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/17/2012 12:45:00 PM More reviews by prettywoman46

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Overall, this a good concealer EXCEPT for the colors. I purchased this in dark expecting a color suitable for African-American. I wear a NC 45 in MAC. The darkest person that can wear this foundation is probably in the NC or NW 30ish range. Shame on EL for not including the entire customer base in this foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2012 10:49:00 AM More reviews by amyyy77

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this product it AMAZING ! i had it on and my brother saw me that first day i had it on and told me my face looks like celebs flawless that's the nicest thing he has ever said :) my skin is dry so i use moisturizer under it but it looks so great on altho you cant really put it under your eyes you might need a concealer for that part because its a bit to thick and also you only need to apply a tiny tiny tiny bit and it'll look amazinggg trust me even if you have dry skin like me

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2012 9:30:00 PM More reviews by capemonique

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

it is heavy, but a small amount is needed. I have been using this product since I was 18...they keep changing colors and formulas, but basically it is the same. Great coverage if you want a flawless look

rated 1 of 5 on 7/13/2012 2:11:00 AM More reviews by jella22

THIS IS THE ABSOLUTE WORST FOUNDATION I HAVE EVER USED !!!! an overall rating of 0 is best suited for this foundation. It literally felt like i was putting sludge on my face and the worst part is that 2 days after starting to use it i began breaking out badly !!!! this makeup is so thick and heavy that your poor skin cannot possible breath ..unfortunately clogged pores equals zits !!! as soon as i switched back to my HG foundation my skin improved drastically ! i will never use this product again and would not recommend this if you have acne prone skin

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2012 4:45:00 PM More reviews by soniya123

it gives crazy coverage and doesnt look caky even in daylight. but finding the right color is tricky, i got one shade darker than my color and am using it with bb creme it really stays longer and once fixed with mineral powder it stays at place.
    the only issue for me is that its super matt and looks dull without mineral powder above it plus a little wrong shade can turn chalky or greyish with time. the only way to get full benefit is excelling the technique to apply it according to your requirement.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2012 4:24:00 AM More reviews by decoydream

My skin is: super oily yet dry in patches (its winter), large pores just about everywhere, pitted acne scars and a bit of redness here and there.

This foundation doesn't lie when it says maximum coverage! It covers all those problems listed above without the need for any additional concealer! When used in the right amount (which is very little - about a small pea size), it looks really lovely on the skin. Even the oil control isn't that bad - i don't need to use MAC's blot powder when i wear this, i just dust some Laura Mercier's translucent powder on. The only slight con i have is that it looks a bit patchy on the bridge of my nose.. it may be because the foundation seperates a little because i'm just so oily... But it's really not a big deal unless someone comes up and inspects your face :P

The packaging is simple and sanitary - simply squeeze out the amount of product you need. The price is a little high at $68 in Australia, but for such good pigment, it's worth it!

For reference, i'm Asian and i wear NC20 (MAC), 52-53 (Bourjois Healthy Mix) and in Estee Lauder's max coverage, i wear 03 Creamy Vanilla :)

EDIT: As i'm a little less pale now it's spring, i need to mix a bit of Bourjois's healthy mix in 53 in with the foundation to darken it and make the finish a little bit more dewy!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2012 8:22:00 PM More reviews by AgentMakeup007

I LOVE THIS FOUNDATION! I swear by this product. I have combination skin, large pores, redness around the cheeks, ocassional acne spots, very visible veins around my eyes and scars... Yeah, very bad skin that makes me self-concious. Nothing had really covered my imperfections or dried right after moisturizer so I had lost hope when I saw this product at my mom's makeup bag and tried it out. I was so surprised with the results I bought one for myself. It covers amazingly with just a tiny amount, it glides on smoothly and it dries quickly (which is great for me because I don't have much time getting ready in the mornings). I was using Dermablend's cover cream before this, and believe me, this is SO much better at coverage and for your skin overall. It lasts all day and it won 't rub off like Dermablend products do. Oh, one tip : Make sure to exfoliate weekly and always moisturize your skin when using this product. It adheres to the skin and dries so well that it can accentuate dry spots on the face. Don 't recommend this to people with really dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2012 1:13:00 AM More reviews by veebee2407

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have extremely dry and acne prone skin. I have hyper pigmentation that I am extremely self-conscious of and I literally tried almost every foundation brand you can think of. I tried drug store to high end, and I saw the great reviews online and decided to go in and try it. I use a green tinted primer before I apply this and this foundation covers EVERY acne scar I have. I use a tiny bit of it and apply it with a flat top brush. I do not use a setting powder, just a finishing spray and it lasts me all day. I go to school and I work and before I would be so embarrassed to see how my foundation would fade away when I would come home. Now I don't even think about it. Yes it is a heavy coverage, but a lot isn't needed. My skin does not feel as if I have a full coverage foundation on and it matches my skin tone so I do not have worries about my skin not looking natural. It's a bit pricey cost a little over $30, but it's worth it. One bottle for me last's me 6 months and I'm on my THIRD bottle! This is my holy grail. I am in the process of trying to get rid of my acne scars, but even after it's gone I would still use this. If you have a lot of acne scars, invest in a good green tinted primer (I use makeup forever) you won't need concealer (I hate them they never work for me, I have too many scars). If you have dry skin, you won't need a blotting powder with this. This foundation does transfer, so just be a little cautious when touching your face. Overall, great product! I even got my mother to use this product.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No