September 2, 2014 | 1043 users online

Eyeliner - Urban Decay - 24/7 Liquid Liner in Smog

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2009 6:52:00 AM More reviews by GoddessGreenEyes

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Urban Decay really kills the competitors with this liner. It's shimmery but not in a way that brings attention to little lines around the eyes or to dark circles. I'm not sure why that is - maybe the subtle use of the shimmer itself in this formula simply brings people's eyes to the gorgeous lines you can create with this liner and not to imperfections. Lots of shimmery products don't last, but this one can go for at LEAST 12 hours (I've never left it on longer). And after you remove it, there can tend to be a few little bits of it left, so you may have to cleanse your eye area again, but that's not a problem for me. The one thing that bugs me about this product is the bottle - the liner brush doesn't reach all the way to the bottom of the bottle -- how am I supposed to get any color out once the first half is gone? But I digress. Smog is fabulous because of its brown-moss color. The application (as with all UC's liquid liners) is goof-proof, and I'd recommend this one to anyone with green eyes. My eyes are green, and the color really brings out my eye color. Pair it with YSL Faux Cils mascara (in black or their fabulous mossy-green color), and your beautiful eyes are ready to shimmer and attract stares!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2009 1:53:00 PM More reviews by kzgraham07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

Let's start with the CONS: the only CON to me is the packaging... yes, Urban Decay, you're masters at making the cutest packaging ever... But please, how about a bit more functional??

The rest of my review is pure PROS!!! The formula is AMAZING, the brush is AMAZING (you can do thin lines, thick lines, wing out eyeliner...) I have NEVER been able to use liquid eyeliner and this is my now HG of all eyeliners. The staying power is AMAZING.... the actual product itself and applicator is perfection.

The color Smog is a gorgeous brown. I love that these are a little shimmery but no glitter. Perfect for day or night. Definitely buying in more colors and keeping Smog in stock!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2009 12:10:00 AM More reviews by dejahthoris

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I spent a long time wandering around Sephora, trying this and that, and picking out stuff, and when I went up to the counter to pay for everything, I saw Urban Decay's Smog Liquid Liner for only $8 as one of those Beauty Insider exclusive deals.. I picked it up completely on spec... and it ended up being my favorite purchase out of everything I got that day.
This applies like a dream, dries fairly quickly, lasts endlessly, and is so very flattering to my weird olive-green/grey/hazel eyes (I imagine it would flatter other eye colors quite well too). The color is bronzy brown with an olive greenish-gold sparkle to it. I thought this would end up being a 'novelty' eyeliner when I picked up, but it actually looks quite normal (and very very pretty) on. It goes with so many different shadow looks, too.. more than I would've expected. My only complaint (and it is a tiny one) is that to get more product on the brush applicator, I have to put it back in and completely screw it shut to get the brush in the product... and sometimes I even have to shake the bottle to get it on the brush, and mine is still fairly full. I have an Urban Decay Liquid Liner in the old style tube packaging, and while not nearly as cute as this new 'genie bottle' look, it was far more functional. Again, small complaint relative to the product's assets. A really gorgeous eyeliner, I'll definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2009 12:21:00 PM More reviews by debra110

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Credit goes to Pinkiecharm and Xsparkage for convincing me that even I could put this liquid liner on without problems. And they are right! I don't know why this goes on so easily, but it does. Is it the formula, which also stayed on all day withoug a smudge, or the brush, which moves the liner so smoothly over my eyelid?

The consensus while shopping was that the best color for me was smog (a special thanks to my daughter for that) and so I bought it. The young one was right. This shade is great on my coloring. With nude eyeshadow and this liner and a dark lip, I look hot. (Yes, we old gals still like to look hot). Great for work, especially since it takes me a minute to put on in the morning. How easy is that?

I have been struggling with liquid liner since high school, always needing so much time to get it right, losing patience, and going back to a pencil. This formula is even easier than a gel liner!

This is definitely a happy purchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2009 1:54:00 PM More reviews by jackeetm

I bought this from Sephora as it was only $8. I've been eyeing this for some time, but never wanted to spend the money since I have a massive collection of liquid eyeliners.

Anyway, I have to say that this liner is by far the best in liquid liners. It would be great for beginners who are just learning how to apply liquid liners. It is so easy to apply and lasts all day. I highly recommend this product to everyone. I am excited to try other colors now.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2009 9:02:00 PM More reviews by hyperj00

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This color manages to be both exciting and natural looking. Lasts well with UDPP. It's as defining as my black or brown liners without being as stark. The packaging is really cute, although I try not to take that into consideration unless it affects the product. I thought Urban Decay was too young and hip for me but this color lets me "play" without looking like an old lady in a tube top.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2009 2:13:00 AM More reviews by princess_jess73

I normally do not buy many UD products since they have alot of glitter or fallout with es but as a Beauty Insider price break at the counter, I could not resist for 8 dollars. The liner itself looks olive/brown/gold on me with shimmer and brings out my brown eyes beautifully. I too do not wear brown e/l anymore since it is usually BLAH on me. It is also a very smooth liner and goes on with minimal effort. The aplicator is ok but I would really like a place to wipe excess off. This can go with so many looks. I tried it out tonight with the NARS modern love palette with the highlight/habanera/brown color and it looks spectacular. What a surprise buy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2009 12:31:00 PM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this for $8 from Sephora, it was for Beauty Insider price break. I cannot wear brown eyeliners, they dont show up nor define my eyes, but this shimmery greenish brown eye liner looks soooo sexy and defines my eyes without having to wear black eyeliner. I love love love.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2009 12:58:00 AM More reviews by kinonyc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

UD is my new obsession. This is the first liquid liner I've ever owned. I'm surprised at how much I like it and how easy it is to wear. On me (PPP, dark eyes, dark hair, cool to neutral coloring) it's a dark, very slightly olive-toned brown with a bit of gold shimmer. It makes a line that's close to black but not as harsh as black (because I tried that at Sephora). It seems similar to Bobbi Brown Sepia, which I love, but it's much easier to use. I have no problems with the brush at all--I can use it to make a very fine line if I want, or a thicker one. Best of all, it lasts and lasts, but comes off with cleanser--doesn't need a waterproof eye makeup remover--unlike the otherwise wonderful 24/7 liners.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2009 2:10:00 PM More reviews by pinkprincesshottie

I love this. It is so gorgeous and looks very natural. It is dark brown with a hint of green and overall if very pretty on the eye.