Urban Decay 24/7 Liquid Liner in Smog

4.6

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 12/22/2009 6:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Smog is a very pretty golden olive laced with lots of shimmer. I do like the color, but it doesn't do anything for my hazel eyes. If it were a few shades darker I'd really like it. I never reach for Smog for a few reasons other than its color. The brush is a little thick and picks up too much liner. I have tried to wipe off some of the excess, but I still get a line that is too thick and an application that is very uneven. I also do not like that the liner dries to such a shiny finish. This finish is the main reason I won't be trying any of Urban Decay's other liners, so if you don't mind the shine you may want to check them out.

on 12/11/2009 1:41:00 AM

The most beautiful eyeliner color I have ever seen. Deep olive green with plenty of gold sparkle, a color which is surprisingly flattering on my Asian eyes. The brush it comes with is really fine and has enough stiffness to apply a super precise line, so it looks pretty and unusual, not overdone. The formula is long-wearing, but does tend to flake a little towards the end of the day (unlike BB gel liners which go on smooth and stay that way)

But the packaging! Why, oh why does Urban Decay insist on these gimmicky genie in a bottle looks? It's round and clunky, with this long pointy handle, and doesn't really fit in anywhere in my stash.

By the way, I eventually ended up buying Bobbi Brown's Forest Shimmer Ink, thinking it would be a formula and package I'd love, with the same color. Sadly, Forest is much blacker and less shimmery. But I'll love them both.

Urban Decay really kills the competitors with this liner. It's shimmery but not in a way that brings attention to little lines around the eyes or to dark circles. I'm not sure why that is - maybe the subtle use of the shimmer itself in this formula simply brings people's eyes to the gorgeous lines you can create with this liner and not to imperfections. Lots of shimmery products don't last, but this one can go for at LEAST 12 hours (I've never left it on longer). And after you remove it, there can tend to be a few little bits of it left, so you may have to cleanse your eye area again, but that's not a problem for me. The one thing that bugs me about this product is the bottle - the liner brush doesn't reach all the way to the bottom of the bottle -- how am I supposed to get any color out once the first half is gone? But I digress. Smog is fabulous because of its brown-moss color. The application (as with all UC's liquid liners) is goof-proof, and I'd recommend this one to anyone with green eyes. My eyes are green, and the color really brings out my eye color. Pair it with YSL Faux Cils mascara (in black or their fabulous mossy-green color), and your beautiful eyes are ready to shimmer and attract stares!

on 11/23/2009 1:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Let's start with the CONS: the only CON to me is the packaging... yes, Urban Decay, you're masters at making the cutest packaging ever... But please, how about a bit more functional??

The rest of my review is pure PROS!!! The formula is AMAZING, the brush is AMAZING (you can do thin lines, thick lines, wing out eyeliner...) I have NEVER been able to use liquid eyeliner and this is my now HG of all eyeliners. The staying power is AMAZING.... the actual product itself and applicator is perfection.

The color Smog is a gorgeous brown. I love that these are a little shimmery but no glitter. Perfect for day or night. Definitely buying in more colors and keeping Smog in stock!!!!

on 10/19/2009 12:10:00 AM

I spent a long time wandering around Sephora, trying this and that, and picking out stuff, and when I went up to the counter to pay for everything, I saw Urban Decay's Smog Liquid Liner for only $8 as one of those Beauty Insider exclusive deals.. I picked it up completely on spec... and it ended up being my favorite purchase out of everything I got that day.
This applies like a dream, dries fairly quickly, lasts endlessly, and is so very flattering to my weird olive-green/grey/hazel eyes (I imagine it would flatter other eye colors quite well too). The color is bronzy brown with an olive greenish-gold sparkle to it. I thought this would end up being a 'novelty' eyeliner when I picked up, but it actually looks quite normal (and very very pretty) on. It goes with so many different shadow looks, too.. more than I would've expected. My only complaint (and it is a tiny one) is that to get more product on the brush applicator, I have to put it back in and completely screw it shut to get the brush in the product... and sometimes I even have to shake the bottle to get it on the brush, and mine is still fairly full. I have an Urban Decay Liquid Liner in the old style tube packaging, and while not nearly as cute as this new 'genie bottle' look, it was far more functional. Again, small complaint relative to the product's assets. A really gorgeous eyeliner, I'll definitely repurchase.

on 9/8/2009 12:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Credit goes to Pinkiecharm and Xsparkage for convincing me that even I could put this liquid liner on without problems. And they are right! I don't know why this goes on so easily, but it does. Is it the formula, which also stayed on all day withoug a smudge, or the brush, which moves the liner so smoothly over my eyelid?

The consensus while shopping was that the best color for me was smog (a special thanks to my daughter for that) and so I bought it. The young one was right. This shade is great on my coloring. With nude eyeshadow and this liner and a dark lip, I look hot. (Yes, we old gals still like to look hot). Great for work, especially since it takes me a minute to put on in the morning. How easy is that?

I have been struggling with liquid liner since high school, always needing so much time to get it right, losing patience, and going back to a pencil. This formula is even easier than a gel liner!

This is definitely a happy purchase!

on 8/26/2009 1:54:00 PM

I bought this from Sephora as it was only $8. I've been eyeing this for some time, but never wanted to spend the money since I have a massive collection of liquid eyeliners.

Anyway, I have to say that this liner is by far the best in liquid liners. It would be great for beginners who are just learning how to apply liquid liners. It is so easy to apply and lasts all day. I highly recommend this product to everyone. I am excited to try other colors now.

on 8/4/2009 9:02:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This color manages to be both exciting and natural looking. Lasts well with UDPP. It's as defining as my black or brown liners without being as stark. The packaging is really cute, although I try not to take that into consideration unless it affects the product. I thought Urban Decay was too young and hip for me but this color lets me "play" without looking like an old lady in a tube top.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I normally do not buy many UD products since they have alot of glitter or fallout with es but as a Beauty Insider price break at the counter, I could not resist for 8 dollars. The liner itself looks olive/brown/gold on me with shimmer and brings out my brown eyes beautifully. I too do not wear brown e/l anymore since it is usually BLAH on me. It is also a very smooth liner and goes on with minimal effort. The aplicator is ok but I would really like a place to wipe excess off. This can go with so many looks. I tried it out tonight with the NARS modern love palette with the highlight/habanera/brown color and it looks spectacular. What a surprise buy.

on 8/1/2009 12:31:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

I got this for $8 from Sephora, it was for Beauty Insider price break. I cannot wear brown eyeliners, they dont show up nor define my eyes, but this shimmery greenish brown eye liner looks soooo sexy and defines my eyes without having to wear black eyeliner. I love love love.

Top Rated Urban Decay Products