January 28, 2015 | 896 users online

Styling Products - L'Oreal - Smooth Intense Anti-Frizz Serum

rated 4 of 5 on 9/30/2012 2:13:00 AM More reviews by TaniaThomas

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

What I like about the product: It works really well on Frizz-Its packaging is good especially for travel - Kind of fragrance free so works great for sensitive hair and scalp. - Works best on dry hair.

What I dont like about the product: You got to use at least more than 1 pump to get those frizz under control. - Dosent work well on wet hair. - Price not very expensive if you compare to high end products but still on the higher side if compared to Panteen or Dove.

My Review:
Now I have really dry hair and gets really Fizzy especially after shampooing. I have been searching for a good and effective anti Frizz serum that's not that expensive but definitely works for a long time. I have used products that work for the time being and some within minutes have disappeared with no trace of managing the Frizz, I am personally a huge fan of L'Oreal products be it personal care products or cosmetics. BUT not a great fan of their range of Shampoos and conditions (Which I will review as per product elsewhere). But the Anti-Frizz Serum is pretty good. Though its supposed to be applied on wet hair and its supposed to manage the Frizz I have noticed that it dosent do much on wet hair but if applied on dry hair works wonders. You might require more than 2 pumps though.Its almost fragrant free and hence is good coz i dont like products that have to linger on my hair the whole day. Moreover it comes in a small bottle which is great to carry around. It makes your hair soft and smooth and more importantly manages Frizz. For me it works great coz after using it my hair is neat and tidy and more so as if I have just walked out of the Salon. Some would say its slightly over priced compared to the quantity but if you compare to a lot of other Hair serums from very high end products its not that expensive either. I definitely recommend the product. A must have in your make up bag for sure. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2012 1:16:00 AM More reviews by Chantel1

I love this product, I always use the Kerastace anti Frizz one, but when i went to the department store and saw this i wanted to try it, and let me tell you IT HAS THE SAME EFFECT AS KERASTACE!
this only cost me less that $10 and Kerastace is like $30 what money saved.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2012 4:31:00 AM More reviews by harunaa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have dull, dry, long black hair and when I use this my hair becomes shiny and not frizzy. I used this for my highschool prom, and my hair stays shiny, neat and smooth the whole night and I didn't use hairspray that much.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2012 12:19:00 PM More reviews by shockyeom

This is my holy grail when it comes to hair serums. I have naturally frizzy hair, and this product helps my hair to stay in place, tame flyaways and give it a smooth finish.

I'm on my fifth bottle now and will continue to purchase this product :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2012 1:36:00 PM More reviews by jj192

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have fine hair and hardly ever use conditioner as it turns my hair greasy too quickly. After shampooing I use this serum on the ends of my hair and it smooths and tames frizz beautifully. I also use it to tame frizz on days I don't wash my hair. It lasts forever as I use it sparingly.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2011 12:48:00 PM More reviews by hanako283

L'Oreal recently re-released this product under the name 'Nutri-Sleek Anti Frizz Serum' and it's the exact same thing. I used to use the Smooth Intense version and LOVED it and was disappointed to see they had discontinued it. I'm so glad they brought this product out again and I hope they won't let us down this time. I love love love this serum so much. I apply a drop before blow drying and another drop after. It makes my dry and frizzy hair intensely smooth. I run my fingers through my hair multiple times a day and it really stays tangle free all day. My hair also looks shiner, just overall better. I feel like I'm back to my original, untreated, baby Asian hair. The bottle is small but inexpensive (around CAN$7) and it will probably last a long time. Completely worth it!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/26/2011 1:48:00 AM More reviews by bbcreamlover

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I used to have crazy frizz in my super long, straight hair, which really irritated me a lot since I have always thought that I have good hair. So one day, I ran over to watsons to look for a hair serum for frizzy hair- and found this. After showering and waiting for my hair to air-dry, I pumped 2 pumps into my palms and applied it onto my hair. Voila! My hair appeared super glossy and the frizz vanished by about 70%. With constant use, the frizz is only about 5% or less compared to before I used this. Will keep on buying and buying

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2011 4:59:00 AM More reviews by anisha12

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I used to have long glossy hair till I went and cut it short and I realised what FRIZZ means!!! I also moved to Dubai and its humid out here! I got this after being forced by a friend....and I just love it! It comes in a lockable pump bottle..so u can get just t right amount of product and I can carry it whenever I travel without worrying about spillage. The serum itself is light and feels lyk an oil but after u apply it to your hair, it won't feel oily at all...just easy to control! I can reduce frizz a lot for my thick asian hair so I would suggest it to others...the only downside is that my hair feels greasy within a day n a half...(maybe my oily scalp? or t humidity? don't know...). Its not that pricey either.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2011 5:28:00 AM More reviews by SuzanneDee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I use two coin-sized amounts for my wavy hair that's just past the shoulders. It's much better than applying tons of moisturising conditioner in the shower and risking product build-up on my scalp, which almost always causes my scalp to itch.
My hair feels soft, smoother and more manageable, there are fewer tangles and he ends aren't as frizzy or dry. Plus I've always had a problem with little baby hairs standing up and curling just on the top and sides of my forehead. The serum takes care of that pretty well and there's no oily residue, in fact there's actually a little shine.
The only problem is that the effect doesn't last 48 hours as the label claims, but it's so cheap (less than $4 in India) that I don't mind applying this every day. It washes out easily too.
I haven't tried styling my hair with this - I just shampoo, condition, scrunch dry and apply the serum. I'm too lazy to use the blow dryer.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2011 9:49:00 PM More reviews by chrispookie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is one of my absolute favorite hair products, I've been using it for years and I love everything about it! I have shoulder-length hair and so 1 pump is about enough for me, I could even use less, and it really tames all the frizz away and is great for the ends as well. The smell is great, too! Even though it says that it's for dry, frizzy, or rebellious hair, I highly recommend this for everyone - works miracles!