October 25, 2014 | 860 users online

Body Scrubs - Clinique - 7 day scrub for face

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2007 8:10:00 PM More reviews by beemoody

I think this product has been reviewed on this site under multiple names. It is one of my favorite Clinique products and really does exfoliate as advertised!

I'd say the consistency is smaller and more refined than St Ives Apricot scrub and the grains were also a little smaller than Queen Helene's Mint Julep scrub, but were a little larger than Avon's microexfoliant.....I know, I've tried A LOT of scrubs (more even than mentioned here!), but my COMBO skin really requires me to exfoliate frequently and I'm always searching for the next best thing!

I like the tube packaging - hate the tub/jars that clinique usually insists on. And this frequently comes as a GWP in a small size which is great since you only need a small amount of product.

Although I REALLY like 7 Day and would highly recommend it, my search for a cheaper version of this has lead to me Queen Helene's Mint julep scrub for only $2.89USD! In this case, price rules - at least for me :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2007 8:47:00 PM More reviews by nuttycoconut

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i only use two clinique products and this is one of them. i have normal skin that tends to get dry sometimes and this scrub is perfect for me i've been using this for about 4 years now and have seen no reason to switch. it's the perfect amount of exfoliation for me (i only use it once a week) and doesn't irritate my sensitive face.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2006 6:33:00 AM More reviews by stoy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have been using this for a year or so and find it to be a gentle,yet effective facial scrub. In my personal opinion it seems to do the job fairly well. I thoroughly recommend it prior to applying make-up (foundation etc)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2006 10:21:00 AM More reviews by theminx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I first bought this product years ago when it was sold in a tub. Good thing they changed the packaging because a layer of oil used to form on top of the exfoliating grains and it wasn't very hygenic. The current formula is still really greasy and I always have to use a foaming cleanser to get rid of the oily residue. If you can overlook that, this is an good exfoliator, especially for drier skins. Despite the name, I certainly wouldn't use it 7 days a week - it's way too harsh for that.

I wouldn't purchase this again but I do use up the GWP samples I get - keeping in mind I have no problem throwing out or giving away GWPs I don't use. Basically it's an ok product, but there are far better ones on the market. continued >>

rated 3 of 5 on 5/25/2006 12:54:00 AM More reviews by bmcm1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Overall, the product itself is fine. I think it is reasonably priced and it does leave your skin feeling soft and smooth. However, I am writing this more as a warning to those of you who might use this as directed with the 3-step clnique skin care products. Be careful if you use the clarifying lotion afterwards as I had a HUGE problem with it.
The first time I used the 7 day scrub, I didn't do as the saleslady and directions on the bottle suggested and follow it with the 3-step. I cleaned, scrubed, and applied the lotion but skipped the clarifying lotion and it worked great. The next week, I DID as instructed and when I applied the clarifying lotion it felt as if my face was on FIRE. I immediately tried rinsing it off b/c it hurt so much. When I finally got what I could off, I tried to apply the moisturizer and again it burned. I then realized my face was redder then I could haev imagined. My face hurt for DAYS and I couldn't apply ANYTHING to it (including cleansers). I finally went to my Dr who refered me to a dermatologist. It ended up I had basically given myself chemical burns. The dermatologist said I wasn't the first person he had seen who had this happen, when you exfoliate you remove layers of skin and then if you apply the clarifying lotion (as directed, mind you), you are harming the sensative skin that is left exposed. I emailed clinique to notify them and suggested that they change the directions to say not to use the clarifying lotion afterwards. Their response was rude and did NOT address my concerns at all. They simply said I must have sensative skin (I have NEVER had a reaction to ANY Product) and had a reaction and not to use it again. I emailed back trying once again to explain that it was not a reaction (as stated by my dermatologist) and telling them what he said about other pt's, etc. Their respons was to send the tube back and they would give me a credit for another product. To my knowlege they still have not changed the directions and I have talked to several people who have had the same problem. So, I won't buy this product, or ANY clinique product again. Not that i don't think it works...but I would prefer to buy products from a company who actually cares enough to take active steps to ensure their products are safe and their directions of use are safe. Of course, the upside to it all was, after several weeks of using rx products to heal my skin, I ended up with BEAUTIFUL fresh skin...but I wouldn't do it THAT way again, lol.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2006 5:27:00 PM More reviews by jodio32

Love it... like an at home micro-brasion..
PS.. just dont get it in your eyes...

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2006 1:15:00 AM More reviews by tvchick87

This is one of my favourite scrubs. I dont usually use lot of Clinique products, but this scrub really works for my combination skin. It washes off easily, has no scent, hygenic packaging and a little bit goes a long way. What more could you want!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/19/2006 2:40:00 PM More reviews by tat2dfaerie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Maybe I got a bad batch or something? This stuff made me feel greasy and dirty, yuck. I've tried a GWP, but use the Exfoliating Scrub regularly. I think the consistency was nice, just... ew. Made me feel gross and I could hardly get it off my face.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2006 2:41:00 PM More reviews by RivkahFox

This is the best facial exfoliator I've ever used. It leaves my skin feeling incredibly soft.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2005 8:49:00 PM More reviews by glowfishglow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really liked this when I first tried it out, but I later found the grains to be a bit rough.