Mason Pearson Pure Bristle Brush

4.6

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is an amazing brush! It does wonders for my lifeless hair! My dad got this in 1977 and its still in perfect condition!!!!!!!!!!

on 3/14/2012 8:05:00 AM

I saw the extra large brush in an australian dept store for $290. Ridiculous I thought. I didnt want to pay that for a brush - no matter how long it lasts. Found one online for less than half the price delivered. Still, at $130 I was still sceptical but curiousity made me go ahead and purchase. Well, i cant believe how good this brush is. My boyfriend even comments on how this brush has changed my dull dry hair into soft shiny hair. I cant figure out how it works so well - it is just a plain looking bristle brush - but it does. Wish I had bought one 20 years ago. Oh yeah, boyfriend ended up trying it on his thinning locks and ended up with 'big hair'. Scary!

on 3/1/2012 4:41:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

The best hair brush I've ever used. I've had mine for at least six years and it's still in perfect condition. My hair looks so shiny and silky from using this, and it gives that smooth blow out look. Hard to imagine a hair brush can do that but it really does. My hair's in great condition and this helps keep it that way. The bristles are fantastic and especially gentle on my fine hair. I've woken up with some disaster bed heads before and this saved me from an hour of painful combing and careful de-knotting. It can work through anything, and it's great for creating a super sleek, bump-free ponytail. I love the classic appearance and slender handle. Everything about this is beautifully made and the quality is excellent. Mine has been a true everyday staple and I love it.

on 3/1/2012 4:48:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I have waist-long blond curly hair and I am kicking myself for not purchasing this excellent brush earlier! This is an outstanding hair brush that grides through hair without pulling and gently removes all tangles. I have it in the smallest size but am planning on purchasing a larger one for me in the nearest future.

on 3/1/2012 3:29:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Best hair brush every! I was on the fence for a while, it's a really expensive brush. I have the popular mixed and long hair past my butt, super think and wavy. When I used to brush my hair, and I had knots the brush would just eventually break my hair to get the knots out. This is the only brush that actually untangles your hair, and distributes the oils.

After putting down the money unsure on the first one, if I ever lost this one I wouldn't hesitate buying a new one.

But sadly the only place to buy this in the US is Barneys.

on 1/18/2012 5:33:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

This is a HG product for me. I've had this hairbrush for years, so the brush cleaner comes in handy, and it makes the price a little less shocking because it lasts so long. When I was younger I had waist length hair that was incredibly thick, and this was the only hairbrush I could stand as a kid. It combs really easily through tangles without hurting, even after playing sports and messing up your hair completely. With shorter hair, I just run the brush through my hair a couple of times and it is instantly de-tangled, even though my hair is pretty thick.

Definitely worth the money.

on 1/12/2012 7:03:00 PM

Hair: Grey, Straight, Fine

I never imagined that I would be spending this amount of money on a hairbrush but I honestly do think it's worth it. My hair falls to just below my shoulders and although it's very fine I also have a lot of it. Despite being silver-grey and shot with white it isn't at all dry but does sometimes lack the shine it used to have before I stopped colouring and it's fine-ness means that I have to be careful with conditioners which can weigh it down. My Mason Pearson brush definitely puts the shine back into my hair and gives it volume whilst distributing my hair's own natural oils more evenly so that I can now go another day between washes if I want to. All in all a great purchase and despite the high price I'd definitely buy again, but it's a quality product so as others have said, I'd only have to if I lost it.

on 1/10/2012 5:23:00 PM

So expensive but worth the investment! I love this brush!

on 1/2/2012 10:21:00 PM

I have the "sensitive" brush - pure boar bristle. It is worth every penny. Wow. Pricey, pricey, ridiculously pricey. Still...it's great and I am so glad to have it. Wait for Beauty.com or Beautyhabit.com to have a sale. You won't find a super-bargain on these, but saving 20-25% can help. I hope to have this for several years to come. Oh - this style (pure boar's hair...no nylon) is the same as that for the children's brushes. I can see how this would work on tangly kid's hair. The kid's brush also makes a good pocket brush.

on 2/16/2011 2:45:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I love this brush! A year ago my hair was in terrible condition. I was looking all over for products to help. I read about boar bristle brushes online so I bought a cheap one from a Salon Suppliers. It just didn't penetrate to my scalp but I could feel my hair becoming smoother. So I decided to splurge on this. It was worth it. My scalp gets massaged and the oils spread down the lengths. It detangles my hair without pulling. When I use it regularly my hair looks so much shinier and swishes. It has definitely helped me improve the condition of my hair.

(I also bought boar bristle round brush for blow drying my hair and a wide tooth burr free comb.)

Popular Hair Styling Tools