November 21, 2014 | 1724 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Mason Pearson - Pure Bristle Brush

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2012 4:41:00 PM More reviews by LUVrascal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

The best hair brush I've ever used. I've had mine for at least six years and it's still in perfect condition. My hair looks so shiny and silky from using this, and it gives that smooth blow out look. Hard to imagine a hair brush can do that but it really does. My hair's in great condition and this helps keep it that way. The bristles are fantastic and especially gentle on my fine hair. I've woken up with some disaster bed heads before and this saved me from an hour of painful combing and careful de-knotting. It can work through anything, and it's great for creating a super sleek, bump-free ponytail. I love the classic appearance and slender handle. Everything about this is beautifully made and the quality is excellent. Mine has been a true everyday staple and I love it.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2012 4:48:00 AM More reviews by NewWave

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have waist-long blond curly hair and I am kicking myself for not purchasing this excellent brush earlier! This is an outstanding hair brush that grides through hair without pulling and gently removes all tangles. I have it in the smallest size but am planning on purchasing a larger one for me in the nearest future.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2012 3:29:00 AM More reviews by queenarach

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Best hair brush every! I was on the fence for a while, it's a really expensive brush. I have the popular mixed and long hair past my butt, super think and wavy. When I used to brush my hair, and I had knots the brush would just eventually break my hair to get the knots out. This is the only brush that actually untangles your hair, and distributes the oils.

After putting down the money unsure on the first one, if I ever lost this one I wouldn't hesitate buying a new one.

But sadly the only place to buy this in the US is Barneys.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2012 5:33:00 AM More reviews by dawnqueen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a HG product for me. I've had this hairbrush for years, so the brush cleaner comes in handy, and it makes the price a little less shocking because it lasts so long. When I was younger I had waist length hair that was incredibly thick, and this was the only hairbrush I could stand as a kid. It combs really easily through tangles without hurting, even after playing sports and messing up your hair completely. With shorter hair, I just run the brush through my hair a couple of times and it is instantly de-tangled, even though my hair is pretty thick.

Definitely worth the money.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2012 7:03:00 PM More reviews by VoR

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I never imagined that I would be spending this amount of money on a hairbrush but I honestly do think it's worth it. My hair falls to just below my shoulders and although it's very fine I also have a lot of it. Despite being silver-grey and shot with white it isn't at all dry but does sometimes lack the shine it used to have before I stopped colouring and it's fine-ness means that I have to be careful with conditioners which can weigh it down. My Mason Pearson brush definitely puts the shine back into my hair and gives it volume whilst distributing my hair's own natural oils more evenly so that I can now go another day between washes if I want to. All in all a great purchase and despite the high price I'd definitely buy again, but it's a quality product so as others have said, I'd only have to if I lost it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2012 5:23:00 PM More reviews by kwallis88

So expensive but worth the investment! I love this brush!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2012 10:21:00 PM More reviews by leslieal

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have the "sensitive" brush - pure boar bristle. It is worth every penny. Wow. Pricey, pricey, ridiculously pricey. Still...it's great and I am so glad to have it. Wait for Beauty.com or Beautyhabit.com to have a sale. You won't find a super-bargain on these, but saving 20-25% can help. I hope to have this for several years to come. Oh - this style (pure boar's hair...no nylon) is the same as that for the children's brushes. I can see how this would work on tangly kid's hair. The kid's brush also makes a good pocket brush.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2011 2:45:00 PM More reviews by emmgirl0459

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this brush! A year ago my hair was in terrible condition. I was looking all over for products to help. I read about boar bristle brushes online so I bought a cheap one from a Salon Suppliers. It just didn't penetrate to my scalp but I could feel my hair becoming smoother. So I decided to splurge on this. It was worth it. My scalp gets massaged and the oils spread down the lengths. It detangles my hair without pulling. When I use it regularly my hair looks so much shinier and swishes. It has definitely helped me improve the condition of my hair.

(I also bought boar bristle round brush for blow drying my hair and a wide tooth burr free comb.)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2011 8:40:00 AM More reviews by ninaulrich

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I never thought a hairbrush could make that much of a difference. I've got the pure bristle in pocket size and it must be one of the best buys I ever did for my hair.
I've got fine hair with oily roots and dry, tangly ends - well not any more. This brush is so fantastic, it's glides through with no pain or damage and makes my hair so wonderfully soft and full. Best of all is that I no longer need to use dry shampoo on the days I don't wash - this brush removes the oil very well.
I am SO glad I bought it and I will never use another brush again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2010 11:54:00 AM More reviews by kittenpiebrown

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Sadly, my grandmother died recently and I picked up this brush from her apartment after wards. I say that I inherited it, not only because of the high price and excellent quality, and actually its a very intimate item to have. I think of her often when brushing my hair. The other thing I think about is how bloody amazing my hair is and how this has changed my life! I have A LOT of hair which is frizzy and wavy, I am the poster girl for this hair brush. It calms the frizz and makes the waves look great. I blow dried my hair for the first time in ages (since preMP) and people keep asking if I've had a haircut. One young man told me- ahem- that my hair looked like a waterfall.
If I lost this treasured item I would buy and new one and possibly will step up from the handy (too easy for me to lose!) to a bigger one.

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No