July 31, 2014 | 1725 users online

Fragrances - Christian Dior - Miss Dior

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2011 11:33:00 PM More reviews by HollySnow

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This has always been a favourite of mine. My mother and my grandmother wore this but they wore the original (nicer) version. Even though it has changed, I still think it's a beautiful classic fragrance and I will always have a bottle of this in my collection. Such a pity that the original formula has changed. It's definitely not the same Miss Dior I remember from my childhood, but I still love it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2011 5:57:00 PM More reviews by BigEars

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Oh dear me! I have worn this for years and am now reviewing the newer version edt. I remember a breathaking chypre, sexy, mossy and warm. This is not only lacking in oakmoss as expected but also seems to have developed a harsh metallic edge. I will still buy as it has echoes of its former loveliness, but this once beautiful lady has had her face lifted too often and is now overtightened and harsh - sad.

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2011 3:38:00 AM More reviews by Shanplum

A very classy sweet and slightly musky fragrance which I have always secretly loved - old but I like it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2011 4:51:00 PM More reviews by jod84

i got a tester of this after buying a dior brush set and it's lovely. a very sweet girly Fragrance that lasts all day and the packaging is cute just like all dior products. i think im going to talk my bf into buying me the full size :)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2011 9:18:00 AM More reviews by Loufi

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

1) Wonderful for overcast days and congested sinuses.
2) Has a very specific mood, upper-crusty, cerebral and melancholic (from a time melancholy wasn't a shame to be obscured by pharmaceuticals).
3) Not for teenyboppers and girls who want to appear all clean, candylike and cheerful.
4) Haunting mix of moss, greens, patchouli and woods.
5) Strongly reminiscent of Guerlain's Vol de Nuit - but less floral and soft.
6) Use a light hand!

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2011 2:42:00 PM More reviews by charlies04

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Oh my, this is a strong pungent smell! Its called 'miss dior' but i think its smells, as other reviewers have mentioned, rather heavily granny! I really can't get over how strong it is! Its a warm, rich evening scent which, like most CD perfumes, makes me cough. Its kinda like the perfume version of having a strong drink and there is an element of manly aftershave about it, lol. The CD quality is there, but its not a very versatile fragrance its really only for old fashioned glamorous evenings.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2010 12:19:00 PM More reviews by neveranaddict

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Sweet, boring, old fashioned, from granny's youth. The retro unimaginative packaging makes this fragrance so dull and boring that it's not worth the money. I'm not even sure they manufacture it anymore.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2010 11:35:00 AM More reviews by Andee

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Grey, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Spritzed this at Saks. I am not a fan of the newer, sugarpop fragrances in pretty girly colors. After reading the reviews, this sounded interesting. On me, this smelled old lady. Since I am an old lady (60), that is the last way I want to smell. I want to smell modern, sexy and sophisticated. Sorry, not a nose, so cannot identify the individual components. But I read it had some of the same notes as other fragrances I like or have enjoyed in the past. So, I was very disappointed. The dry down is somewhat better than the initial scent.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/2/2010 5:49:00 AM More reviews by lalki1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Too powdery, too old fashioned, too mossy. I love the classics but this one is just old.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2010 6:57:00 PM More reviews by CRosieB

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a classic fragrance for the woman with class and elegance and yet, a woman who is approachable. It goes on with a bang of greens and florals and aldehydes, but the drydown IS TO DIE FOR :) I rue the day it is no longer available

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No