MAC Bronzer in Golden

4.2

on 1/15/2012 11:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have very fair skin and this bronzer actually makes me look like I have some color versus me looking washed out. I always need to add bronzer or blush as I am very pale, thanks to my irish and english ancestors. I very rarely tan so bronzer is a must all year long especially in the summer. Most bronzers are too dark and are meant for more tan skin but this bronzers looks very natural on my skin. I really like mac makeup and find they are not too expensive versus some brands. I bought this after my guerlain bronzer broke when i dropped and I couldnt imagine spending that much money again!

on 12/31/2011 12:15:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Does not show up at all on my NC42 skin. It looks like nothing. It adds the faintest hint of shimmer. The good thing is that it isn't intense and orangey though - not showing up is way better than that. Also there's no sparkles or glitter in it, but very faint shimmer. Would be suitable for those that are super pale and looking for a very non-intense bronzer that isn't very pigmented.

on 12/29/2011 7:53:00 PM

Really disapointed with this bronzer! didn't show up at all on my nw25 skin maybe when i have paler skin it'll show up but at the moment it feels like a waste of money! <3

A lightly frosted, tinted powder that gives skin sheer natural color and highlights effects. Ideal for enhancing or strenghtening a tan. It is a dirty brown with a very fine golden shimmer strewn through the powder thatís barely noticeable when used. I donít find it turns orange-y at all, so I like it for a bronzing option. Itís dark enough to work on light to medium dark complexions, but itís not so dark that it will look drastic on lighter skin tones.
It's a As I mentioned, I use this to give me color instead of contouring since it has shimmer. Contouring is best used with matte colors but that is just my preference. This bronzer wears for 3-4 hours the most before it starts fading, as any makeup does on my face. Besides being a bronzer, you can also use it as a blusher too. powder with fine gold shimmers, great for contouring or add color to skin.This has more brown tinge to it but as it applies sheer, it does not make your face look dark or muddy. I would suggest it to be used with a kabuki or powder brush for flawless and not over-doing. Swirl the brush around, tap the excess and use on required areas. Like it very much, but as I ran out of Nars Laguna and Benefit Hoola, am using this. Probably my third best bronzer.

on 11/22/2011 1:18:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is perfect. I'm more of a chanel girl. Really wanted to get the chanel bronzing base but it turned out too orange on my skin. I headed to the mac counter and the sales assistant tried this on me. It looked so good and didn't come off as too muddy, orange, or dirty looking. This is great for my skin tone. I'm NC20!

on 11/17/2011 7:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Good color easy to use but the sparkles are too chunky and look like glitter. Fail.

I don't want glitter on my face ever.

on 9/6/2011 5:23:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

In my opinion, this is the perfect bronzer! It gives great color that doesnt look orangy and you don't need alot to get a good bronze so the product last a while. I bought this after i saw how much my mom raved about it and im glad i did. Of all my MAC products this is my must-have. Highly recommended!

on 9/6/2011 1:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Just enough color to make my VERY fair skin appear sunkissed. LOVE IT!

on 9/5/2011 1:19:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

This was one of my very first MAC products which I purchased alongside Russian Red lipstick. When the sales assistant handed this to me, I was rather skeptical and was adamant that the shade was far too light for my NC42 skin tone. She insisted it was the right shade and despite my (I'll admit - meek) protests, kindly refused to show me any darker shades. Don't get me wrong - it seems like a nice bronzer...just not on my olive complexion. It doesn't add any discernible colour to my face, just a lot of fine, glowy shimmer. Because of the shimmer, I'm not to keen on applying it too heavy handed to see whether that makes any difference. Also, since this was my first bronzer, I don't have a lot to compare with. I do use it, and it gives a nice dimension to otherwise minimal makeup. I paid NZ$48.

on 8/12/2011 4:24:00 PM

I really like this bronzer. I have very pale skin so bronzers usually leave me looking like an embarrassed carrot. But this is very light. It's a perfect little box for carrying around in my bag.
It's pricey but worth it, and it lasts a very long time.

Popular Bronzers