November 23, 2014 | 1304 users online

Treatments (Face) - Burt's Bees - Doctor Burt's Res-Q Ointment

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2010 4:26:00 PM More reviews by surfergirl_81

I had never considered buying this product until I read the reviews on MUA. I am sure I had passed this by in the store numerous times, but the packaging doesn't really explain what this is for, save "life's little discomforts". Vague Burt. So when I read reviews that said it helps with bug bites, I bought a tin. I am prone to get bitten in the summer and always have reactions to bites. I put this on and even though the itching did come back in several hours, it did relieve the itching longer than any other product I applied. And within 3 days, the bug bites spots were signifigantly smaller, some gone altogether, and the itching had stopped. That is a big deal for me, as I said, I tend to have major reactions to any kind of bite. As for the smell to be honest when I first opened this I hated the smell. Although this is a love it or hate it scent at first sniff, even though I don't care for it with repeated use I can at least tolerate it. The price is nice for the size tin you get. Update: I read somewhere that this product helps with undereye circles. I had my doubts, but I tried it anyway. It has really lightened my under eye area! Enough that even after the first use I noticed a big difference. It is a genetic thing in my family to have darkness (not bags) under the eyes and nothing helps. I've tried all kinds of things and this and DHC Revitalizing Moisture Strips for Eyes are the only two products that actually delivered results. The circles are not gone, but they are signifigantly lighter. What a wonderful, multi-use product this is!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2010 9:49:00 AM More reviews by jennlola

Love, love, love this product! I bought this a few months back after reading the reviews on MUA. The reason for buying it was that my toddler son was constantly getting bruises on his shins from climbing eveything in site. This really helped clear the bruises faster. Up until this past week that was all I had used it for. Then we went to a park where my son ended up with a few fire ant bites on his legs. The pediatrician suggested benadryl and putting meat tenderizer on them. That did nothing. Hydrocortisone cream also did nothing. I figured I would try Res Q. It worked wonders! I put some on before bed and put his pj pants on and when he woke up in the morning they were at elast 75% better than the night before. I kept applying at diaper changes the next day and he had totally stopped itching!
Then last night my hubby burned his hands while getting something out of the oven and I told him to put some on. About 10 min. later he was saying that he couldn't believe how it had taken the burning feeling almost totally away! I will always have this on me from now on! It will be in our first aid kit as well as diaper bag!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2010 1:10:00 AM More reviews by clearady

I work with court reporter's paper work and get a papercut at least every other day.
Well, its not something major (like cat's running on my face), I figured if this did work well for a huge gash, why not start here. Hence, why I use wrinkle creams and other such products marketed at women with more money and more skin woes, as they seem to work the best.

So bought it for eight bucks at a local drugstore, and applied it at the first medium sized papercut in site. Soothed immediately (though the scent isn't particularly pleasant thus not warranting it a five star rating), and my papercut is nearly healed as i type this now. amazing! didn't hurt for the rest of the day.

worked better than neosporin worked for me. intending on trying Jason's gel for cuts and scrapes and things, and want to experiment with other organic type soothing products, as it def comes in handy when ever my fingers run across the edges of all sorts of papers and folders. will keep this around in the meantime as this is a notch above satisfactory.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2010 12:54:00 PM More reviews by kumintang

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I didnt expect to love this product, just bought it on a whimp an turns out i love it so much!I sometimes guiltily pick the skin around my nails until it hurts or bleed a little (ewww, i know) - thought this product just an overpriced vaseline at first, but no siree..once i put it on, it soothes the skin right away and it definitely heal faster then when I apply vaseline or cuticle cream or oils - applied it several times daily and in just one day the scrap wound is already started to close, healed and the pain dissapear. And I can see this little pot will goes a loong way. Oh and I also love the tin packaging, mine opens and close easily. I could see this pot will become a staple in my purse, yes will buy again for sure

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2010 4:32:00 PM More reviews by kar212

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this product!! It is basically just like neosporin, but its natural, and more solid.
This really heals up cuts. I often have problems with the skin around my big toes, it gets really dry, then cracks and bleeds---ewww (plus it hurts soooooo bad)!! Well this really is a life saver in those situations, it sometimes hurts to put my shoes on if i have dry skin, but this is a real life saver!

WILL be buying again!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2010 8:37:00 PM More reviews by ktcolt

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this stuff! Very emollient and silky. It heals all types of bumps and bruises and scratches. I never thought to apply on zits like others have commented, but why not? It heals everything else...I will have to try it next break out. Buy it!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2010 7:19:00 PM More reviews by avocadobutter

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Magical stuff! It has a great healing power. I apply it anywhere on my skin that needs healing and nourishment. Acts fast! Highly recommended.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2010 1:30:00 AM More reviews by jehansjeans

This stuff is magic- I've been using it off and on since I was a child, and it really does seem to make everything (including zits) heal faster, and minimize scarring from incidents that would usually leave a mark. Fabulous product!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2010 8:53:00 PM More reviews by Keagan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

At some point since i last bought this, the packaging was re-designed. Since a tin of this lasts me a very long time, I have no idea when this happened, but it's definitely for the better. The "new" tin is much easier to open.

That out of the way, I must say that this stuff is a wonder. I've always been a bit klutzy and I tend to bruise easily: big, spectacular, black and purple splotchy bruises that last for weeks. This stuff can't make me more graceful, but with liberal use it does rapidly make the bruises become less noticable, and they disappear in less than half the time that it used to take.

It's not especially expensive, and a tin lasts quite a long time, even at my rather lavish rate of use. This is *not* my first tin, and when I eventually use this one up, I will definitely (re) purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2010 4:10:00 PM More reviews by alaintrain22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Man, I love this stuff. I keep the tin in my purse. I apply it if I get a breakout, which is more often then not, chapped skin, or just about any sort of topical ailment. It smells nice, great cute little tin, and it's useful for everything. It also blends easily into the skin for those times when you don't want to goop on the neosporin. I will always keep one of these in my purse. Its natural and it last forever. Good Job Burts Bees.