October 20, 2014 | 1971 users online

Scrubs - Queen Helene - Mint Julep Natural Facial Scrub

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2012 2:38:00 PM More reviews by SkinMission22

Miracle! Absolute Miracle!
I used the mask before and figured if that works so good, I should use the scrub because my skin has always had rough patches. But after using this. My skin is clear and smooth! I was like wow. My acne is pretty much gone and ever since I had it since the 4th grade, nothing like this has done something so wonderful. I will of course buy it again and again.
You better believe that if this is going to be discontinued, I will protest!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2012 4:30:00 PM More reviews by walk6860

Generally speaking, I really like this product. I use it in the shower a few times a week to wake my skin up. I actually love the smell - minty and fresh, and definitely works well with the steam of the shower to remove dead skin cells.

It is a tad too abrasive, and I should really cut back on how many times I use it weekly - but I am addicted to the fresh feeling,

Cost effective, lasts a LONG time, readily available, and not likely to be discontinued. A product that I will definitely come back to.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2012 8:56:00 PM More reviews by cravemakeup9

Ok this is a one week mask kind of thing. If you do it everyday literally your face will burn for a few minutes and breakout. With that being said...Once I see a breakout coming thru I use this and the next day!! BAM clear smooth face! It has a cool minty feel to it but once it dries up it feels funny and stops tingling. This product is really strong so I would recommend another mask.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/17/2012 8:40:00 PM More reviews by campasianspice

I bought Queen Helene's scrub because her facial mask was okay and inexpensive. First, I don't recommend using it on the face. The product is too abrasive. I didn't mind because I planned on using it to shave. However, the smell was something I really detested. I will go back to using apricot scrub (St. Ives or generic).

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2012 7:46:00 PM More reviews by FloofyCurls

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This cleared my skin up and completely smoothed my face over. Pores? Gone. Blackheads? What are those? Redness? None. My face went from feeling sweaty and icky and oily from no AC in my house and ninety-degree temps to smooth and cool and refreshed and, well, gorgeous. IN ONE USE. OVERNIGHT. It was astounding. I cannot say enough wonderful things about this scrub. Run to Sally's, pick it up, and don't let anyone have any. Ever. Nope, never.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2012 4:49:00 PM More reviews by egoh

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Grey, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is one of those products that I feel like I SHOULD have come across earlier yet never did ! I bought it at Sally Beauty Supply as a "filler" to get free shipping. It has become my go to facial scrub in the shower. It has a very refreshing scent and the beads are so gentle that I never feel like it's cutting into my skin yet it sure does give my face a smooth polish afterwards. Will definitely repurchase :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2012 11:08:00 PM More reviews by liviiflutelouu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This scrub is different..it has very very small exfoliating particles. I like it! Sometimes I prefer using a scrub with larger breads, but this one really gets the job done without pulling and tugging on the skin. I will probably buy again!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2012 5:29:00 PM More reviews by jennbee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is definitely one of my very favorite facial scrubs, I have been using it since I was 15, now 23. I have combo/sensitive skin and it has never broken me out. The granuales are not rough, goes on smooth and leaves skin silky soft afterwards, with a bit of a glow. The twist off lid can be a hassle in the shower though. I use this around 3 times a week. Will continue to buy.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2012 11:46:00 PM More reviews by sharmilaa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Black

This scrub is OK. It is not harsh like st Ives but still can break you out simply because apricot or walnut powder pits inflame the skin very fast leading to break out explosions.
My experience with this product: For my sensitive skin this did not break me out like st ives (see my reveiw for it) but still occasionally it does give me small bumps & acne.
Texture - Sand like or feels like very very fine crushed sawdust like texture. It has no apricot pieces or chunks big or small. I think that too much Kaolin in this overpowers the fine crushed powder making it almost diffcult to get any exfoliation. If you use water on your face the powder exfoliator dissapates or dissolves in seconds even befor you can exfoliate well (just use a few drops of water on your fingers little by little & keep exfoliating do not use too much water) This doesnot exfoliate but it is basically for those who want to buff their skin surface very lightly to make them look freshed face or clean. I always keep this as it is gentle compared to st ives at least. No explosive break outs even on my sensitive skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2012 2:32:00 PM More reviews by Sheneedsacure

I had hormonal acne that started around 21 years of age (never had bad acne as a teenager) and it has resolved/remained under control at age 24 now. After spending at least a couple thousand dollars on treatments I was able to combat it with birth control (yaz) and really good facials/chemical peels. At this stage in life my skin is uneven in tone but smooth and without active pimples.

I picked this product up on a whim from a drugstore. I have experience with the masque. It works great on drying active pimples. So the first time I used this scrub in the shower I absolutely loved it.

It resembles some costly products in its effectivity because it's granules are fine and not abrasive. It leaves your skin feeling soft and exfoliated. Your skin will glow afterwards.

I can't say that it will work for you because everyone's skin is different...but if you have normal/oily skin that is not high maintenance but can benefit from a good buffing once a week then I would recommend this product. I will definitely continue to use it...even my husband is hooked!