July 26, 2014 | 1812 users online

Toners - Thayers - Alcohol-free Witch Hazel toner with Aloe Vera

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2009 5:12:00 PM More reviews by Eivuwan

This is a great alcohol free toner and the scent is nice and light. It seems to control my acne and it's moisturizing without being greasy.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/28/2009 3:11:00 AM More reviews by christinesrsx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

great stuff to use to remove make up and use before your toner. its cheap, efficient, doesnt break out my sensitive acne prone skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/2/2009 10:15:00 PM More reviews by asunta

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Ladies, keep this in the fridge, your pores will love you!
Edit: left my skin feeling like it had a film on it....broke out and switched to Dickinsons witch hazel, what a difference. My skin felt much cleaner and refreshed.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 12/6/2008 10:30:00 PM More reviews by happy2beme

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Although this is a gentle toner, I would not recommend it for oily, acne-prone skin. After applying this toner, my skin looked mosturized, but also slightly darker and shiny. Aloe and witch hazel did not help with my acne, even though some people might have better luck. The artificial fragrance bothered me a lot, but did not sting my eyes or anything.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2008 9:03:00 PM More reviews by CombatWombat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Very pleased with Thayers overall, but this toner is by far my favorite. It's light and soothing, especially on fussy skin - I put this into a small spray bottle and mist over my face before applying lotion, or spray onto my scalp when it itches. Feels cooling and healthy, and I can't get enough of the scent. If Thayers ever decided to market the fragrance of this product as a perfume, I'd be the first in line to snap it up.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/27/2008 11:50:00 AM More reviews by Java

Broke out from this after a week. My face usually reacts pretty well to witch hazel, so I guess something else in this formula is causing the breakout. Plus, the added sweet smelling scent on top of witch hazel makes me gag. I don't mind the witch hazel smell by itself though. Using the Original version now and love it. Edit: Thayers changed the formula for this one - no Propylene Glycol anymore so I am trying it again; so far so good.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2008 8:50:00 PM More reviews by jasmin3w4

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought a bottle of this last year and ran out a few days ago. I replaced my bottle with Dickenson's witch hazel. When comparing these two toners, Thayer's wins for the smell and how soothing it feels on the skin. I use it often to take my make up off and after washing my face. I have combination skin so I doesn't dry it out at all (possibly because of the aloe vera).

It's a little more expensive than Dickenson's but well worth the price. I found Thayers witch hazel at an organic health food store. When I run out of Dickenson's I am buying Thayer's again. Smells really nice if you don't like the smell of other witch hazel's on the market.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/17/2007 7:19:00 PM More reviews by sweeterindawn

I am using the lavendar scented formula and it's very nice. I am using a cream cleanser and this after the cleanser and my skin feels clean but not tight, and this definately moisturizes my skin too. I have been using a thick night cream, then using the witch hazel on my t-zone after the moisturizer and it leaves me feeling moisturized without breaking out. The huge bottle was $9 at Whole Foods. Overall, it's good when I'm not breaking out, but it doesn't stop that from happening.

UPDATE: Over the long term, it wasn't a keeper. Just didn't do much for me. Kept getting pimples.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2007 8:41:00 PM More reviews by staci23

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product is excellent! I have dry sensitive skin and this feels very soothing and moisturizing when I apply. Normally toners make my face feel very dry and tight. I have tried a lot of high end toners and the best I found was Shiseido Benefiance. However, it was really expensive and was not half as nice as this one. This product is really affordable too. I bought this at Whole Foods.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/1/2007 11:53:00 PM More reviews by damnblondy

Product is nice for someone who is not acne-prone. Both me and my husband used this for a few weeks and were breaking out. Otherwise, good toner. Smell is rather strong but fades after a few mintues.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No