December 21, 2014 | 942 users online

Fragrances - Perfumer's Workshop Tea Rose

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 5/30/2009 4:27:00 PM More reviews by HolliVomit

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

this smells exactly like roses at a flower shop with the greens and puddling. i plan to layer it with a few things i have that i wish were a bit more rose infused

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2009 3:38:00 AM More reviews by Cherub573

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a very pretty pure rose scent. I used to wear it when I was 12-13 years old. It IS strong, and like many others, I recommend spraying it in the air and walking through the mist- that's all you need. Remarkably affordable. The only reason I stopped wearing it was because I got tired of it (I go through phases) and starting gravitating to the predictable vanilla fragrances later in my teens. The smell of roses always makes me think of elegance and beauty, I'm considering a return...

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2008 9:25:00 PM More reviews by lovie1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

this is the best redemption of a true rose that i have ever used and it smells heavenly.it does not smell fake or artificail in any way. i love this beautiful scent.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2008 8:48:00 PM More reviews by youdroppedabalmonme

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the loveliest soliflore rose scent I've encountered. I don't quite understand the comments that this is "strong" or even "rotting," since to me it smells like a fresh dewy rose, greens and all, after a cool rain. (It does to rose what Marc Jacobs does to gardenia: it gives the effect of a freshly picked blossom floating on water). Tea Rose was a favorite of mine in high school, in the '80s; it "matched" my vintage sensibilities, with the lace stockings and rhinestone pins and red lipstick and pearls. I still have those sensibilities, and I still wear Tea Rose sometimes. It is ultra-feminine and very retro. (I've noticed it tends to be favored by elderly women, but I like elderly women, and I think this is a timeless scent appropriate for all.) The expression "comes out smelling like a rose" was made for this scent. Soft, clean, uber-floral.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2008 12:06:00 PM More reviews by Gretchen76

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I normally love the smell of roses- especially a soft dew-drenched rose right from the garden. Unfortunately, Perfumer's Workshop Tea Rose has a very negative connotation for me. My first year of dorm life in college was punctuated by the scent of a girl who, in lieu of regular bathing, doused herself in this stuff. The sickly sweet smell of roses and B.O. lingered, and lingered...Ugh. She was a nice girl, but this is how perfume gets a bad repuatation- when used in place of good hygiene! I couldn't wear any rose scent for years after because all I could think of was Tea Rose and B.O. I have my faves for rose scent (YSL Paris, Avon's d/c Roses Roses)- Tea Rose will never be in my rotation, however.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2008 2:34:00 PM More reviews by goldenina

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This scent is simply lovely when used sparingly. Reminds me a wet rose garden on a warm day. Simple and pure. The smells stays true. Very sexy...I get tons of compliments when I wear this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2008 12:09:00 AM More reviews by Tovah

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

The Chrysler Imperial Rose, the only rose breed I've heard of that's named for an automobile (now vintage), was "launched" with the auto, and, so far, has long outlasted it. Better cars have come our way, but the Chrysler Imperial Rose is one of the finest tea roses grown in international gardens. It is an absolutely gorgeous hybrid tea rose with huge, vivid, rose-red flowers and a dewy, rich, classic tea rose perfume. Perfumer's Workshop Tea Rose smells like a bouquet of Chrysler Imperial blooms, cut early on a warm morning, and placed in a crystal vase. Its lasting power is incredible, (as is the amount of fragrance, esp. for the price!), and a full spritz of it can scent an entire room for hours. For lovers of the heady smell of fresh roses, this fragrance should not be missed. If you could take the aroma of Fleur de Thé Rose Bulgare and multiply its concentration by ten, you'd have something surprisingly similar to Perfumer's Workshop Tea Rose.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 7/1/2008 2:35:00 PM More reviews by ilovesunshine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

My mom squirt me up with this when I was in Elementary school and I got kicked out of class because it was making the teacher and students sick! LOL, talk about embarrassing, if you wear this only spray into the air and walk through it, it is very strong!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2008 11:34:00 AM More reviews by rosbergs3

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

If you are looking for a good rose scent your search comes to an end with Perfumers Workshop Tea Rose. There is nothing subtle or soft about this. Theres no way you can mistake this for anything but a rose scent. The Perfumers Workshop Tea rose as a hit you over the head rose scent. It's like being in front of an elevator with the doors suddenly coming open and dark, red roses start coming out in an avalanch burying you beneath them. Also, have you seen in old timey movies where someone will slap another person in the face with a few roses? This scent is like a scene from one of those moives only you are not getting slapped in the face by just a few roses. You are getting walloped in the face by about five dozen roses. Sometimes, though, i like to think of a small victorian powder room decorated with rose motifs and there are tiny little, ornately carved pink rose soaps everywhere lying in a 24 carat rose shaped bowl. Other notes in the fragrance do not confuse the authenticity of the rose.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2008 9:06:00 AM More reviews by snarkyharper

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I randomly bought a giant bottle of this at TJ's for $9.99. It turned out to be a wonderful decision, as I have found that when layered with Stella, it somehow acts as a fixative and helps it to last all day.
One hour before you leave the house: apply one spray of Tea Rose to the neck/chest (from a distance, now!) with a closer spray of Stella over it, and an additional spray of Stella on the wrist, and you will be Good.To.Go. At least 8 hours of awesome.