April 23, 2014 | 1869 users online

Fragrances - Perfumer's Workshop Tea Rose

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2008 2:34:00 PM More reviews by goldenina

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This scent is simply lovely when used sparingly. Reminds me a wet rose garden on a warm day. Simple and pure. The smells stays true. Very sexy...I get tons of compliments when I wear this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2008 12:09:00 AM More reviews by Tovah

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

The Chrysler Imperial Rose, the only rose breed I've heard of that's named for an automobile (now vintage), was "launched" with the auto, and, so far, has long outlasted it. Better cars have come our way, but the Chrysler Imperial Rose is one of the finest tea roses grown in international gardens. It is an absolutely gorgeous hybrid tea rose with huge, vivid, rose-red flowers and a dewy, rich, classic tea rose perfume. Perfumer's Workshop Tea Rose smells like a bouquet of Chrysler Imperial blooms, cut early on a warm morning, and placed in a crystal vase. Its lasting power is incredible, (as is the amount of fragrance, esp. for the price!), and a full spritz of it can scent an entire room for hours. For lovers of the heady smell of fresh roses, this fragrance should not be missed. If you could take the aroma of Fleur de Thé Rose Bulgare and multiply its concentration by ten, you'd have something surprisingly similar to Perfumer's Workshop Tea Rose.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 7/1/2008 2:35:00 PM More reviews by ilovesunshine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

My mom squirt me up with this when I was in Elementary school and I got kicked out of class because it was making the teacher and students sick! LOL, talk about embarrassing, if you wear this only spray into the air and walk through it, it is very strong!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2008 11:34:00 AM More reviews by rosbergs3

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

If you are looking for a good rose scent your search comes to an end with Perfumers Workshop Tea Rose. There is nothing subtle or soft about this. Theres no way you can mistake this for anything but a rose scent. The Perfumers Workshop Tea rose as a hit you over the head rose scent. It's like being in front of an elevator with the doors suddenly coming open and dark, red roses start coming out in an avalanch burying you beneath them. Also, have you seen in old timey movies where someone will slap another person in the face with a few roses? This scent is like a scene from one of those moives only you are not getting slapped in the face by just a few roses. You are getting walloped in the face by about five dozen roses. Sometimes, though, i like to think of a small victorian powder room decorated with rose motifs and there are tiny little, ornately carved pink rose soaps everywhere lying in a 24 carat rose shaped bowl. Other notes in the fragrance do not confuse the authenticity of the rose.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2008 9:06:00 AM More reviews by snarkyharper

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I randomly bought a giant bottle of this at TJ's for $9.99. It turned out to be a wonderful decision, as I have found that when layered with Stella, it somehow acts as a fixative and helps it to last all day.
One hour before you leave the house: apply one spray of Tea Rose to the neck/chest (from a distance, now!) with a closer spray of Stella over it, and an additional spray of Stella on the wrist, and you will be Good.To.Go. At least 8 hours of awesome.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2008 9:09:00 PM More reviews by ellizam

For what it is, this scent rocks. I reiterate the previous "Rosasaurus Rex" comments -- this is MONSTROUSLY strong. I actually (snort, giggle) have a PARFUM in this as well as the eponymous EDP. Also, it is one-note. The bottle says "Tea Rose" and, well, tea rose is exactly what you get. But for layering, there is nothing quite like this -- the single note quality actually works in its favor. Further, there are always those days when you feel like wearing long, droopy, printed cotton skirts, pulling your hair into frizzy chaos, carrying a big book bag, and channeling your inner hippie/Boho. Tea Rose is the perfume for those days, or for wine-and-roses sad break-up days. And it's incredibly cheap, almost always at TJs, and pretty universally wearable. It's gorgeous with an overlayer of lemon or orange, or over an underlayer of orange or lemon essential oil.

My only caveat is, THIS IS EXTREMELY POTENT STUFF! EXTREMELY!!!! Spray one spray in front of yourself and walk into it. See how that works for you. If you cannot abide spraying, decant a bit into a sample vial and just touch the thin applicator from the sample vial to one wrist, rub wrists together, rub on neck, and then leave this alone. Sit on it for a day and see, again, how it works for you. The problem with Tea Rose is that it is a sillage monster. You may not smell it strongly, you may not think you're blasting. But you are.

Example: I sprayed this on a bit too enthusiastically (a wine-and-roses break-up episode). I got in my car. I drove to a hippie-boho festival event, outside thankfully. I spent the evening outside and still people from across the walkway to booths on the other side made comments about roses. Three days later I got in my car and realized the car STILL smelled of roses. A week later I did my laundry. When I opened the bag at the laundramat... everything was permeated with the scent of roses. I could still smell it AFTER I did the laundry. I like roses, so this wasn't a bad thing, but it is an INSTRUCTIVE thing, no?

Spray carefully and monitor. NEVER let a teenager have this without controlling use carefully. Do not leave it unsupervised around small children who open things. Do not leave it unsupervised around small children who have never, heretofore, demonstrated an interest in opening things -- there is always a first time. But do enjoy; it is very lovely in its way.

24 out of 24 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2007 1:14:00 AM More reviews by niferphoto

Well I've purchased this for over 20 years - so I'd say it works on me! They key with this scent is to just use a little, it's very strong - so you don't need much. I've been complimented more times that I can count on this. I'll be paying for groceries, in line at the library, out to lunch with friends - and some stranger will say: "is that you that smells like roses? It's wonderful!" 99 time out of 100 it''s a man too. For some reason men really like this scent on me. I guess it depends how it reacts to your body chemistry - but for me this is perfect. Oh and I didn't even mention the price! How can you beat that!?

rated 3 of 5 on 8/5/2007 11:46:00 PM More reviews by deborahy30004

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

An inexpensive perfurme that tends to turn a bit sour on me. I bought it to layer on top of my rose shower gel and body lotion. I would not buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2007 11:31:00 AM More reviews by shopcheap

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

for the price, this is an excellent true rose scent. some roses sour on the drydown, but this one stays true all day. that being said, i don't generally want to smell like a walking rose, so i think this is more useful for it's layering qualities. as has been said, spritz and walk through w/the tea rose, then apply your layering choice on top. tea rose is also useful as a linen spray.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2007 12:20:00 AM More reviews by 1hotredhead

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Tea Rose is a nostalgic scent for me-reminds me of high school and my first love, who loved to smell it on me. To me it smells like roses in full bloom on a warm, rainy spring day. It actually also reminds me of a rose bush that grew in my great aunt's garden-the roses were huge and a beautiful shade of bright, bubblegum pink. You could smell them just by standing near the bush! Some people have said it is too strong, but ANY scent can be too strong-it all depends on how much you put on and your personal body chemistry. I don't think it's an "old" scent at all-probably because I associate it with being a teenager and in love for the first time, I guess. For me it's a "pick me up" scent-one I wear on a dreary or not-so-good day to give me that warm, "in love" walking on air feeling. Over all I love it and hey-you can't beat the price!