October 31, 2014 | 789 users online

Moisturizers - The Body Shop - Vitamin C Skin Boost

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2012 10:45:00 PM More reviews by betosmom

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

There has been a recent revamp and supposedly it contains more Vitamin C extract from a camu-camu berry found only in the amazon. The new formula I can tell is much more concentrated than the older glass container however I feel like the consistency is slightly rougher. That is when I noticed the light reflecting particles that naturally brightens the appearance of skin making it much more radiant and healthy with a glow. The consistency is excellent for a foundation base especially for mineral foundation. It lasts all day and after several uses, the vitamin c will begin to diminish hyper-pigmentation due to acne scars, age spots, and sun spots. Normally a bottle is $26 but for a makeup base plus a skin care duo - it's worth it! Everyone has to try this! They will pack you a free sample if you ask.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2012 11:48:00 PM More reviews by bows89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this in a body shop "3 for $30 sale" on boxing day thinking if it didn't work out I was only wasting $10 bucks - was I ever pleasantly surprised! This smells so refreshing and creates a luminous glow on my skin that looks completely natural. My boyfriend has even started stealing this sheepishly some times because "this stuff smells so good" and I'm considering buying him his own bottle because it makes his skin look great too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2012 10:38:00 AM More reviews by StarsnRocketsES

This Vitamin C Skin Boost is expensive, and smells really nice. After using the product twice daily for about two months, I have noticed that my skin tone is much clearer (more even). I use it after moisturizing and before applying foundation. It has not caused any breakouts on my skin thus far. I may repurchase it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2011 6:44:00 PM More reviews by chantalm24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this with a 50% off coupon, otherwise wouldnt have spent so much on a product. I used it after using St Ives Apricot Scrub as the sales clerk said to use it after exfoliating, and my skin was glowing. Not sure if it was the scrub or the serum or both together. It sinks in quickly and makes your skin feel so smooth. A small amount goes a long way so I can bet this will last me a year.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/20/2011 2:25:00 PM More reviews by Crystal44

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Okay so I initially bought this to use as a moisturizer but I found that it didn't work. My skin was still dry after using this. BUT... as a primer for foundation.. it is unbeatable!! It has a velvet smooth finish which all foundation glides over, I think its way better than Smashbox photofinish primer & I will continue to buy this cream to use as a primer over another moisturizer. I only gave it 4 lippies cause it doesn't really work as a moisturizer.

P.S. The Body Shop Vitamin C Microdermabrasion scrub is phenomenal

rated 1 of 5 on 11/5/2011 5:20:00 AM More reviews by tinybucket

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I wanted something to make my skin look glowy-dewy and thought that TBS would have something nice and I felt like treating myself. I bought it because it sounded very convincing but was not happy at all when I found out that this is a primer (I think the packaging and what it says on it is very misleading). It has some tiny sparkle things in it but I don't really think it makes your skin glow or that even (there are better primers out there). I think it makes my skin break out a little bit as well. And I really dislike the smell. They were going for orangey but to me it smells like toilet cleaner. Also quite expensive for what you get. Had I not thrown away the receipt I would have returned it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2011 8:05:00 AM More reviews by Sambalina82

I believe this is called skin reviver in the UK. anyway, I went into the store and asked for recommendations for a good winter moisturiser. The assistant picked this out and told me how good this was. There was no sample on view so I decided to take the plunge. At the till I asked the assistant whether there were any silicones in the product, she scanned the ingredients and told me no, absolutely not. I got home, tested it on my hand and was shocked to discover that it was a serum NOT a moisturiser, and it contained FOUR different silicones!!! I'm convinced that silicones have caused lumps on my chin, so needless to say I returned this today! This stuff feels suffocating, horrible and completely unnatural on the skin! Big swerve!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/25/2011 6:54:00 AM More reviews by sanamuhammad11

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Really good ,i had some money saved up and i was looking like a zombie lately because of the late nights of summer and crying and shit ,this shit though shitttt expensive WORKS, i used it with the raidiance poweder mix and microdermabraisan

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2011 1:43:00 PM More reviews by tsh82

this really makes my face looks brighter than usual, and it has a really nice touch to it after i put it on. i have to take back what i said before, my face gets a little oily than usual, i think its better to use powder with this, if not, its just going to make my face oiily :( although now i only put it on dark areas of my face
*********update**********
i actually don't mind putting this under my powder, it actually makes my face feels smooth and fresh, although it doesnt make it last any longer.. so still no

rated 1 of 5 on 4/30/2011 8:27:00 AM More reviews by JulianaEs

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I must be mental for having bought this product!

Thinking that it would curb my recent skin breakout, combined with a good review by my sister (who used to use the one in old packaging long time ago), I bought this so-called skin boost with Microdermabrasion. The scrub turns out to be okay - I'm loving it, but the skin boost left me wondering, what is there to boost? More pimples, perhaps?

At least I have a sister who likes this stuff. I can't imagine the waste of money that others experienced after using it and finding it not up to its claim.