The Body Shop Vitamin C Skin Boost

3.5

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Cyclopentasiloxane (Skin-Conditioning Agent/Emollient), Dimethicone (Skin Conditioning Agent), Cyclohexasiloxane (Conditioning Agent), Dimethicone Crosspolymer (Emulsion Stabilizer), Synthetic Fluorphlogopite (Viscosity Increasing Agent), HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer (Anticaking Agent), Fragrance (Fragrance), Ascorbic Acid (Antioxidant), Bertholletia Excelsa Seed Oil (Emollient), Tocopherol (Antioxidant), Glycerin (Humectant), Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate (Skin-Conditioning Agent/Emollient), Polysilicone-11 (Film Former), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Limonene (Fragrance Ingredient), Silica (Absorbent), Benzyl Benzoate (Solvent), Myrciaria Dubia Fruit Extract (Skin-Conditioning Agent), Water (Solvent/Diluent), Hexyl Cinnamal (Fragrance Ingredient), Citronellol (Fragrance Ingredient), Mica (Opacifier), Titanium Dioxide (Colour).

on 6/14/2012 3:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This makes my skin look glowy radiant and flawless even my boyfriend remarked after I put it on and that was only after one use!!! This is amazing under makeup aswell,my makeup just glides on effortlessly so its good in terms of being a primer aswell however this won't prolong your makeup like other primers out there but it will give you a healthy glow under your makeup this is HG for me love it and I highly recommend to anyone out there! UPDATE: sadly I hadto stop using this I'm positive this was making me break out since I used it three pimples appeared on my cheek,I very rarely ever get pimples,so I just knew it hadto be this.I passed this on to my friend will not use this again pity made my skin look really good but having pimples to go with it is simply not worth it probably the silicones in it.

on 5/10/2012 9:17:00 PM

I purchased the Vitamin C Skin Boost on recommendation from TBS SA to compliment my morning skin care routine. I am on the fence for this product - I don't hate it, but don't love it either.

It leaves my skin looking and feeling smooth after applying moisturiser, and doubles as a great base before applying make up. I just haven't noticed any great difference to my skin after using this product (OR maybe I just need to persist using this product to note a difference?) Perhaps it's because my skin doesn't require a product like this. I wouldn't recommend this for sensitive skin types (I have dry to sensitive skin). Whilst I didn't feel discomfort after applying the Vitamin C Skin Boost, I just don't think it is the most appropriate product for that skin type.

The Vitamin C Skin Boost retails for $36.50 AUD.

on 3/30/2012 10:40:00 PM

over-priced primer, in my opinion. it feels sooooo soft... but that's the dimethicone feeling. its nice, and the bottle lasts forever, but dont expect it to change your skin. it IS nice to use on no makeup days i guess.

on 3/16/2012 10:45:00 PM

There has been a recent revamp and supposedly it contains more Vitamin C extract from a camu-camu berry found only in the amazon. The new formula I can tell is much more concentrated than the older glass container however I feel like the consistency is slightly rougher. That is when I noticed the light reflecting particles that naturally brightens the appearance of skin making it much more radiant and healthy with a glow. The consistency is excellent for a foundation base especially for mineral foundation. It lasts all day and after several uses, the vitamin c will begin to diminish hyper-pigmentation due to acne scars, age spots, and sun spots. Normally a bottle is $26 but for a makeup base plus a skin care duo - it's worth it! Everyone has to try this! They will pack you a free sample if you ask.

on 1/23/2012 11:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this in a body shop "3 for $30 sale" on boxing day thinking if it didn't work out I was only wasting $10 bucks - was I ever pleasantly surprised! This smells so refreshing and creates a luminous glow on my skin that looks completely natural. My boyfriend has even started stealing this sheepishly some times because "this stuff smells so good" and I'm considering buying him his own bottle because it makes his skin look great too.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

This Vitamin C Skin Boost is expensive, and smells really nice. After using the product twice daily for about two months, I have noticed that my skin tone is much clearer (more even). I use it after moisturizing and before applying foundation. It has not caused any breakouts on my skin thus far. I may repurchase it.

on 12/31/2011 6:44:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I bought this with a 50% off coupon, otherwise wouldnt have spent so much on a product. I used it after using St Ives Apricot Scrub as the sales clerk said to use it after exfoliating, and my skin was glowing. Not sure if it was the scrub or the serum or both together. It sinks in quickly and makes your skin feel so smooth. A small amount goes a long way so I can bet this will last me a year.

on 12/20/2011 2:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Okay so I initially bought this to use as a moisturizer but I found that it didn't work. My skin was still dry after using this. BUT... as a primer for foundation.. it is unbeatable!! It has a velvet smooth finish which all foundation glides over, I think its way better than Smashbox photofinish primer & I will continue to buy this cream to use as a primer over another moisturizer. I only gave it 4 lippies cause it doesn't really work as a moisturizer.

P.S. The Body Shop Vitamin C Microdermabrasion scrub is phenomenal

on 11/5/2011 5:20:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I wanted something to make my skin look glowy-dewy and thought that TBS would have something nice and I felt like treating myself. I bought it because it sounded very convincing but was not happy at all when I found out that this is a primer (I think the packaging and what it says on it is very misleading). It has some tiny sparkle things in it but I don't really think it makes your skin glow or that even (there are better primers out there). I think it makes my skin break out a little bit as well. And I really dislike the smell. They were going for orangey but to me it smells like toilet cleaner. Also quite expensive for what you get. Had I not thrown away the receipt I would have returned it.

on 10/20/2011 8:05:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I believe this is called skin reviver in the UK. anyway, I went into the store and asked for recommendations for a good winter moisturiser. The assistant picked this out and told me how good this was. There was no sample on view so I decided to take the plunge. At the till I asked the assistant whether there were any silicones in the product, she scanned the ingredients and told me no, absolutely not. I got home, tested it on my hand and was shocked to discover that it was a serum NOT a moisturiser, and it contained FOUR different silicones!!! I'm convinced that silicones have caused lumps on my chin, so needless to say I returned this today! This stuff feels suffocating, horrible and completely unnatural on the skin! Big swerve!

Popular Moisturizers