December 18, 2014 | 1821 users online

Fragrances - Guerlain - Aqua Allegoria Lavande Velours [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2005 8:57:00 AM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is an excellent Lavander-based scent. It is not my favorite Aqua Allegoria, but it is very nice.

I prefer pamplelune, but this is a OK, too.

Nice bottle, as all Guerlain fragrances have.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2004 2:14:00 PM More reviews by GimmeMore

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Oh my! How lovely- Lavender with a woodsy middle note. This is a complex lavender fragrance that I just love.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2004 5:06:00 AM More reviews by dinazad

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have yet to find (and I'd better, since this has been discontinued) a lavender fragrance which embodies the dual naugthy-nice nature of lavender as clearly and completely as "Lavande Velours". To me, lavender smells demure and clean and pleasantly old-fashioned - as if you were folding your hands beneath a freshly starched white apron - and at the same time wild, wind-blown and sun-drenched, free, and roll-in-the-hay naughty. I love this duality, and nowhere is it better expressed than in this fragrance.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/15/2004 12:24:00 PM More reviews by doggerel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love lavender, and I'm always trying new ones. Each one is a little different, so there's no such thing as too many kinds of lavender. Generally I prefer English lavender, but I like French lavender in the summer because it's lighter and a little crisp.

Lavande Velours is definitely French lavender. It's light and fresh and crisp at the beginning, then strangely (and a little unpleasantly) sharp. The drydown, however, is worth the wait, because that's where the velvet comes in and warms up the lavender and makes it soft and fuzzy. This turns out to be a fragrance I thought would be impossible: a French lavender for cool weather. Beautiful.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2004 5:11:00 PM More reviews by LittleGnome

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

An incredibly lovely, clean and refreshing scent. The lavender is not too masculine, and tempered by the supple violet. Woody, clean and a nice base of sandalwoood comes through after a few hours. What a great rendition of lavender, and I've tried many. Hope I can still keep finding this. My 4.2 oz bottle should last a while!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2004 3:35:00 AM More reviews by miss_galiano

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I smelt this from a bottle that was kicking around in a department store long after it was discontinued, with a half broken spray, in the wrong department. I grabbed it frantically. I could hardly wait to smell it, but was dissapointed. It smelt to me like sickly lavender with lots of violet and an off fishy note. That could have been because it was old. It did have that ethereal signature Guerlain note in it though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2004 10:47:00 AM More reviews by rubykris

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Lavande Velours has become my all-time favorite lavender scent. The same way peanut butter leaps to another whole level when it's paired with chocolate, lavender attains perfection when paired with violet -- and there is a lot of violet in this scent. In my mind's eye the velours (velvet) refers to suede-soft purple violet petals. Supposedly this scent contains iris, but I don't detect much; I'm sensitive to iris and tend to flee from it. The soft, slightly sweet lavender and violet notes rest on a bed of sandalwood and tonka bean, which together provide a woodsiness that makes you feel like a clean little forest nymph all decked out in violets and lavender. Serge Lutens fans should note that Lavande Velours is similar to Bois de Violette (with sandalwood instead of cedar) mixed with a dash of Encens et Lavande. The ultimate effect is clean, soft, and comforting, something that would make children want to be near you. At first spritz, the lavender dominates (a little too much for my taste), but within 15 minutes the violet comes forth. What's interesting is that several hours later, the violet fades and LV is once again a lavender scent; I prefer the middle 2-3 hours best. I bought this for a ridiculously low price at perfumesensations.com.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2004 3:25:00 AM More reviews by roseamber

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Yet another fragrance surprise for me. July has been the month of either extreme body chemistry changes, or extreme fragrance tastes changes. I love lavender sachets, and lotions, and dryer sheets...but lavender was generally a scent I did not enjoy as a fragrance. Along came Aqua Allegoria Lavande Velours and I'm swooning with the refreshing, smooth, clean smell of lavender and herbs. This is a perfect scent to raise spirits and cool skin in very hot weather. Extremely nice!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2004 6:51:00 PM More reviews by GlamDiva

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I haven't cared much for the
rest of the Aqua Allegoria line,
but do like Lavande Velours.
Reminds me a lot of Shalimar with
a touch of Lavender. I don't get much of the violets that are
supposed to be in LV.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2003 1:31:00 PM More reviews by jjff

I love the entire Aqua Allegoria line, conceived and executed with evident creative, alchemical and marketing mastery--fresh, simple, pure combinations that highlight just one or two notes, nuanced by inobtrusive supporting touches.

Lavande Velours is not an exception--it is a tale of lavender and violet with their unifying velvety, powdery softness and sweetness. A clever combination, comforting and relaxing. Great to spray around the bedroom to invite sweet dreams or to wear on a gray winter day for a warm, calm aura.

Available in