April 18, 2014 | 1986 users online

Pressed Powders - Chanel - Poudre Universelle Compacte

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2012 5:37:00 PM More reviews by katy42

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this on impulse a few years ago in Dore at a duty free shop when my flight was delayed. It's gorgeous! A yellow based matte golden tan powder with a lovely soft, sheer texture. In the winter I bought Naturel, a shade lighter.Chanel powders might seem expensive but this is a whopping 15g size - compare that to Clinique's 7g and Bobbi Brown's which I think is around 11g. The Chanel compact works out much cheaper.
I used up a whole tub of Naturel loose powder and the only thing that stopped me repurchasing was that it was a tiny bit less yellow than I normally like (I'm MAC NC30-40 and BB Warm Natural). I am still using the Chanel compact for touchups during the day with a retractable brush and Clinique's Invisible Blend to set makeup in the morning (used to like Bobbi Brown's Soft Sand but that's now way too expensive) and will carry on using Dore loose and pressed in the summer months.
I haven't had any problems with the packaging which seems very sturdy and of course, could there be anything more classy than a Chanel compact? (comes in a cute little velvet protective pouch)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2012 8:59:00 PM More reviews by elle3927

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Brilliant! Gives the perfect amount of coverage over their foundation. Keeps my skin from getting oily. I probably apply it twice a day and it does the job. It's a bit expensive, but totally worth it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2012 10:46:00 AM More reviews by beernice

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This is an awesome pressed powder! But on the expensive side though. The powder is really very fine! I've used MAC mineralize skinfinish, and its even finer than that! Helps my foundation to last long and i don't have to blot throughout the whole day. The current one that i'm using has hit pan already. Will be getting it again very soon!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2012 1:10:00 AM More reviews by Shyandy

I love this product, after searching for the right pressed powder, this is really great.
The powder is so fine and at the end of the day, my face still looks fresh.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2011 1:43:00 AM More reviews by lizzea

Really nice compact powder, smooth and finely milled and truly mattifies. I would like to try the loose powder version :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2011 4:35:00 PM More reviews by nicojones

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this on impulse and I used this produvt each and every day from that day on... Mainly I use it just after using my Chanel Hydramax Nutrition (which I adore by the way) to smoothen and even out my complexion. And this stuff really works: it gives a mattified yet very natural porcelain teint - my skin hasnīt looked so lovely a long time. Itīs expensive, but, hey this is Chanel! For me itīs next to the Natural Finish Loose Powder (Translucent1) my HG and I swapped away all MAC powders I had, though Iīm a confessing MAC addict. Do I have to say more? Love it!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2011 12:53:00 PM More reviews by fraufrederik

i finally found a powder that actually mattifies...I have combination skin, was looking to keep my forehead shine free (i don't put foundation on my forehead). Am happy to say that this powder really helps a lot!! i have tried Mac blot powder, but was already greasy by lunch time!!!
but what i love the most about this powder is that you don't see it, the powder is very fine and does not cling to dry patches or fine hairs on the face...and i do notice that i am less shiny at the end of the day!!
i have found my powder!! so glad!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2011 3:42:00 AM More reviews by blooiejagwa

edit: i've had this for over a year, and i can honestly say that i've found better powders: Clinique's almost powder compact, Diorskin Sculpting Powder, and Guerlain meteorites. These all give me a better result that doesn't look like it's sitting on the skin. Plus this Chanel gets oily v quickly, doesn't last longer than 2 hrs, and doesn't set foundation, it comes off easily after a few hrs whereas with other powders it is fine.

t have this in peche. I think it's just ok. Good, not great, setting powder. Lasting power is ok. Everything is adequate but not special enough to justify the price. I'm sure i can find a good, similar powder for less, once i'm done with this.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2011 7:02:00 AM More reviews by Anikoi

Amazing powder.
My oily skin stays matte for about 6 hours.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2011 8:00:00 PM More reviews by cerulfox

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

EDIT 11/15/11: Completely redid my review AGAIN. Brought down from 4 lippies to 2.

Had this in the new shade Muscade. Was annoyed that at Nordstrom it cost $10 more than the other shades ($55), when it doesn't have that price bump on Chanel's site. Included puff is laughably useless, so I used a brush. The powder is hard and not easy to pick up onto a brush, but it's translucent, left an airbrushed finish and controlled oil decently well. After a month of use I realized to my horror that a hard crust was developing on top of the powder, and that it must've come from the oil on my face. Despite the fact that I always blotted before applying, and again used a brush that I wiped clean afterwards and washed every other day. Eww! Returned for the loose powder (I bought 40 Dore). NC44/Nars Tahoe/Perfection Lumiere BA34 for reference.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No