September 22, 2014 | 1568 users online

Bronzers - Giorgio Armani - Sheer Bronzer #1

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2010 10:59:00 AM More reviews by cookeyy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Great bronzer! This and Benefit's Hoola are my favorites. The Armani bronzer looks sparkly in the pan but when you put it on it looks pretty matte and doesn't make me look like a teeny bopper. The color is very realistic and doesnt give the look of obvious bronzer, but the look of spending the day in the sun. I've only had this for a few weeks, so I dont know how long it's going to last me. For the price, hopefully a very long time!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2010 10:40:00 AM More reviews by Ivy_Tamwood

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Great bronzer. Like the other reviewers, I too, found it scary dark in the pan, but it's beautiful, sheer, and sparkle-free when you put it on. I find that I have to be careful about putting it on as it is possible to overdo it (I'm super pale though).

This was my go-to bronzer, but I have fallen in live with the Guerlain Terracotta bronzer for blondes that gives me a warm healthy glow. I will still use this occasionally as it is an amazing product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2010 11:25:00 PM More reviews by akn8v

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Beautiful, natural bronzer. It does look very dark but is lovely on the skin. One of the best ones out there. It is spendy (sigh) but it's gorgeous.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2009 4:19:00 PM More reviews by citylady

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I agree with the majority. Scary dark in the compact, sheer & natural on a pale face. Like other Armani products, it's texture is sheer & silky allowing you to layer as you please.
Edit several years later - no longer can use this although I love the sheerness and the shade. Just too much shimmer to be flattering on me.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2009 2:04:00 AM More reviews by clde

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Pros: Goes on sheer, gives a lovely satin glow without being sparkly (nars, estee lauder, natio)
Not orange, or reddish dirty brown
Lightweight and blends well

Cons: Expensive!

Overall: Best bronzer i have used, as its a good colour for fair skin (NC20) and doesn't look powdery, greasy, orange or glittery. Buy this you will not regret the price!

I have changed my mind on this product after long term use. The bronzer is really good, HOWEVER, it does become super shiny in the heat or after a few hours - and I have dry skin! Particularly in flash photography it looks like disco ball shine. I would probably recommend this as a blush bronzer, not an overall bronzer otherwise you may look greasy

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2009 11:31:00 AM More reviews by emmab6756

Lovely bronzer. I am confused as to why there are different shades listed here on MUA as when I purchased mine from Selfridge's they told me there was only one shade and it is #1. It is a lovely sheer bronzer for fair girls who don't want the oompa-loompa orange effect and just want to look sunkissed and healthy. I brush mine on with either a MAC 187 brush or a MAC 129 brush. Any face brush would do the trick though as it is practically impossible to over-do this...and I am fair skinned! It is very expensive, but I have to say, I do find that you get what you pay for with Armani cosmetics. Gorgeous packaging too and very sturdy. Just a hint of shimmer too (VERY subtle) so be aware that it may not photograph very well with flash photography.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2009 5:34:00 PM More reviews by mchampion

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Finally a bronzer that is not orange. Very expensive but oh so worth it. It looks amazing over top of the Face Fabric foundation. Will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2009 12:59:00 PM More reviews by msimone

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I received this item in a swap. I have gone through plenty of bronzers - ones that I liked included Nars Laguna, Cargo Medium Matte - and I really love Physician's Formula Baked Pyramid Matte bronzer, as well as Chanel Bronze Universel. But even these could leave me looking a little tawny and slightly orange at times if applied too heavily.

Enter Armani #1.

This bronzer is fabulous. I get absolutely no orange from this. It gives a believeable glow that isnt too shiney or shimmery. I tend to prefer matte or just glowy bronzers - they look more natural. I can use either my Sephora Bronzer brush or my Mac 187 - depends on the look I am going for. I wear sunscreen on my fave so it is paler than the rest of my body - and I find this bronzer gives a believable match to my natural tan. It blends very softly and smoothly.

I think when this runs out I am definitely going to have to cave and purchase this. It might be my HG!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2009 6:12:00 PM More reviews by Bigfranny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is THE best bronzer available on the market right now. I am a makeup artist and a makeup junkie so I have tried all the overhyped bronzers out there and this is the most believable. Here's why:
1. The color has NO hint of orange at all. The color is a true bronzey brown with a slight gold glow in it.
2. It isn't matte nor overly shimmery, it gives a very gorgeous golden glow. It reminds me of brown sand illuminated by the sun shining rays. The texture of the powder is so fine that it gives the skin a out-of-this-world ethereal glow.
3. It lasts forever! I have hit pan about 4 months ago and the dip hasn't deepened that much. I do use it every day.
At $48 dollars, this highly luxurious bronzer is more than worth its price.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2009 10:45:00 AM More reviews by tapa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this bronzer based on reviews I read here so YOU GUYS ARE TO BLAME for my current bank balance! This is not cheap but, all in all, assuming I can afford food this month, it'll have been worth it. The big plus for me is the subtle, non-orangetastic, colour because I'm pretty pale so the most important thing is that it looks very natural. I'm not using much and it's finely milled so I think it will last a decent amount of time. I also really am a sucker for good packaging and this feels quietly solid and slightly lux to me.