Lancome Photogenic Loose powder [DISCONTINUED]

4.1

TALC, SYNTHETIC FLUORPHLOGOPITE, NYLON-12, SILICA, TITANIUM DIOXIDE, DIMETHICONE, LAUROYL LYSINE, PANAX GINSENG / GINSENG EXTRACT, AQUA / WATER, GLYCERIN, GINKGO BILOBA / GINKGO BILOBA EXTRACT, TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE, ALUMINA, MAGNESIUM ASCORBYL PHOSPHATE, ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, CETYL DIMETHICONE, METHYLPARABEN, PHENOXYETHANOL, PROPYLPARABEN, ETHYLPARABEN, BUTYLPARABEN, [ /- MAY CONTAIN CI 15850 / D & C RED NO. 7, CI 19140 / FD & C YELLOW NO. 5 ALUMINUM LAKE, CI 42090 / FD & C BLUE NO. 1 ALUMINUM LAKE, CI 73360 / D & C RED NO. 30, CI 75470 / CARMINE, CI 77007 / ULTRAMARINES, CI 77163 / BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE, CI 77288 / CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS, CI 77289 / CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREEN, CI 77492, CI 77491, CI 77499 / IRON OXIDES, CI 77510 / FERRIC FERROCYANIDE, CI 77742 / MANGANESE VIOLET ]

on 9/18/2006 8:06:00 PM

I always use this powder. I usually offset the price during GWP-time, and (even using it everyday) one jar will usually last me 4-6 months. It looks great, performs well and is great for my acne-prone skin. I like the new packaging. I just unscrew the top (but leave it on top of the jar) flip it over and gently tap it against my hand. Then I am left with the perfect amount of powder in the cap that I can use with the puff or a brush. I usually use a brush during the winter and the puff during the summer because it give a more matte look. Just perfect!

on 9/18/2006 5:26:00 AM

This stuff rocks! Whether I use this over Estee Lauder's Individualist foundation or Lancome's Photogenic foundation, it performs perfectly. It seems to diffuse the light to give my skin a radiant look that I love. I use a brush instead of the puff to apply it so that it goes on sheer and looks natural. I think it makes my makeup look polished but not overdone.
I buy it in transluscent, and that shade works perfectly over my Photogenic foundation in Buff 2 or my Individualist foundation in Vellum.

on 6/13/2006 2:25:00 PM

I love this powder.
it doesn't look heavy but it makes my skin look really good..
i would totally buy this product again like always.

on 2/26/2006 3:19:00 PM

Fabulous powder. It goes on and sets the foundation without looking talc-y. The performance lasts too. It also luminiates the skin without any shimmer. I dont know how Lancome did that. I highly recommend it for photography!!!

My peeve is the packaging...you unscrew the lid and there is a non-stationary sifter in there that simply sits on top of the powder itself! I had to go to MAC Pro and buy an empty powder sifter jar and empty the powder container into the new jar; the MAC container, at least, has a stationary sifter.

A thumbs up for the powder itself but BOOOOOOOOO on the container design (it's actually quite retarded!).

It's a pretty good powder, except for my initial struggles with it. First of all, I don't like their new packaging which is REALLY TINY and second, it was hard to get the powder out. Their old black packaging was really feminine, I think, because it was very curvy and unique...lol...Also, I used to use Chanel Poudre Universel (in Translucent) which is much bigger in size. I understand that Chanel's gives more powder, thus requiring a larger and more heavy duty container, however Lancôme's should still give the powder inside it more "breathing area" because when I just bought it, its contents were JAMMED TO THE MAX!!! So, since everything inside it was so crammed, I had an awkward time trying to get the powder out! Third of all, another related packaging problem is that the sticker that covers the sifter SUCKS because it's not waxy(?) enough, so when I tried to take it off the first time, I had a hard time trying to peel off all the sticky and gluey paper stuff that remained!!! However, once you surpass these inital barriers, you can actually get to 'using the powder' stage! YAYYYYYYY! lol
As for the powder, I like how it doesn't make you look dead upon application. It looks really natural and I think there is like...iono...perhaps 1% shimmer contained in it cuz it makes you look like you have a really healthy inner glow. However, it DOES NOT HELP TO ABSORB OIL, which is kinda important for me cuz I look like I dipped my head in oil if I don't mattify after 3 hrs from washing my face!!! If you gals aren't naturally oily like me, I would recommend this powder, cuz it truly does make you look nice and healthy. Overall, as much as I love all Lancôme products, this one is really average...does not impress me that much, especially with the tiny awkward handicapped packaging cuz BIGGER is better, right?! lol...
Just for ref.: I have it in "Ivoire" and cost 42$CAD. I don't mind the price, but I still prefer Chanel's which is a bit more expensive (55$CAD I think) but you get a slightly bit more product and it suits me better (it also gives that nice glowy look fyi). continued >>

on 7/12/2005 4:34:00 PM

This powder is alright. It's adequate, and I don't mind using it, but I can't really justify the cost ($32 a pop).
It goes on smoothly, but didn't transform my skin into "picture-perfect" quality. It does feel nice on, and it is a higher quality than most drugstore stuff in that it absorbed into my face, absorbed oil, set my make-up, didn't irritate/break-out my skin, and kept a matte finish. I just felt like my face looked kind of blah with it on. I think I just prefer a powder with a bit more sheen to it. I always go back to cheap old Cornsilk...
If you do choose to use this to set your make-up, I would recommend using Transluscent (which looks just very pale nude, not white) to do so. The other powders have too much pigment in them to put over top of foundation, in my opinion. continued >>

on 6/7/2005 7:38:00 PM

I used this last summer in Pale Beige after I had a pretty nice tan. It went on great.. very smooth and nobody even thought I had makeup on. I used Clean and Clear oil free moisturizer on first and then I just applied the loose powder on afterwards and it covered everything. It even cleared my skin. Then my tan went away and I ended up using clinique's loose powder which really sucks. Well, I just bought the Photogenic pressed powder which I will try tomorrow.. so we'll see how that goes!

on 5/9/2005 4:18:00 PM

I went away from Lancome loose powder for a few years when they had all that micro bubble stuff going on but I really like this latest formula. I have to use the lightest colour (Ivoire) though as it has a tendency to go dark. It has a wonderful, silky feel and looks very natural on. I put it on with the Lancome loose powder brush made out of goat hair that I bought about 20 years ago. Excellent brush. Expensive but probably will last a lifetime.

on 12/11/2004 11:35:00 AM

I use this powder in buff; it is an extremely fine-milled powder which gives you a very clean, and natural finish. I use Lancome's Teint idole on the trouble areas (mainly past acne scars), and i just dust this powder on afterwards. This gives me a dewy finish, yet keeps my oils away. The staying power is very high too, I just need to touch up with Shiseido powder (I20) once and it lasts for like 9 hrs. I just don't like the packaging they've just switched to; it used to be this classy black container, now they changed to this clear plastic container.....and the powder flies everywhere when you try to pour some out.

on 11/11/2004 6:40:00 PM

I love this product! It makes my skin glow. I was always scared of powders because I was afraid they emphasized my pores, but this powder makes my skin look so healthy. I never use the puff that is included, instead I shake out some on a tissue and apply it with a large brush. Highly recommend!

Recommended for Normal Skin