July 31, 2014 | 1039 users online

Foundations - Kanebo - cream finish foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2005 4:51:00 PM More reviews by melayb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great product and will most likely be a very high contender for my HG foundation. It's quite pricey so the MA who helped me gave me a bit of tip on how to extend its usage. By wetting your sponge before putting it on it does two things: 1) It helps spreads the product on your face easier (otherwise it could get masky as others have posted on here), and 2) It gives you a sheer finish -- if you need it -- but you can always build up on it if you need more coverage. I love the dewy look it gives me. I also have a tendency for breakouts (which unfortunately Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse Foundation gave me) but this product has thus far proven it's worth to me. Plus the fact that Kanebo's quite known for their skin care products (which I'm thinking of purchasing next). I love how this stuff gives me a healthy, radiating glow that even at the most crappiest days in the Winter, I still look healthy and fresh. Will most definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2005 4:31:00 PM More reviews by Snowfnugg

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

A must-try! This foundation gives a dewy look, and the coverage is medium IMO, but can be sheer if applied with a damp sponge. The color "natural beige" matches my LLL skin perfectly. This makes my skin flawless, and my skin seems so fresh. This is definately my HG!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/20/2005 5:02:00 AM More reviews by PeachDaiquri

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my 1st review. I like this, it has some barely noticable ultra fine shimmers. But i think it's too watery for a cream foundation, almost the same as liquid but slightly thicker. The finish is creamy (as in masky) though.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/9/2005 10:15:00 PM More reviews by Lyxbeiby

I have oily T-zone and this was not for the most olily part on my forehead. On my cheeks it looked great but I have 3 huge problem with this product
1. It looked to much like a mask on me. It felt very, very heavy on.

2. The jar it comes in is not very hygenic. I prefer pumps. I don't like digging into the foundation every time I use it.

3. It never stayed on for very long - not even with some powder on

Guess this one wasn't for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2004 7:09:00 AM More reviews by hydrostigma

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the best cream foundation I’ve tried! I really love the texture that not too thick but not too watery, and the creamy finish. It leaves my skin glowy without shimmery or oily, even out the redness/discoloration, looks healthy and fresh. It has light diffuser particles I believe. And it never settle into lines. Highly pigmented so a little goes a long way. Dot a tiny bit of the products on the forehead, nose, chin, and both cheeks, then blend it with fingers or foundation brush. But I found the best way to use it for a more natural look is by using a sponge spread it on entire face, then using a concealer brush to cover areas that need extra coverage like dark under eyes and blemishes. My skin is soft, hydrated, and supple. Updated: I found that this has a very heavy coverage for my taste, I took 1 lippie off.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2004 3:01:00 AM More reviews by Inimini

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like it very much, but I like the liquid foundation even better! It is a bit too masky for me.
Please also see my review of the liquid foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2004 8:48:00 AM More reviews by anne003

Love this foundation, if you like la prairie skin caviar you'll love this one even more(or at least I did!).Lovely natural finish, but with great coverage that doesn't feel as heavy as LP. And at a third of the price, it is a lot easier on my bank balance.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/25/2004 12:15:00 PM More reviews by linda0506

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my 1st review. That's because this is the only product that I have felt strongly enough about to pass comment on. I have found my HG. This is a great foundation. It makes me look younger, has great coverage.It's the first foundation EVER that I can actually say I am happy with. It suits my skintone perfectly. I gave it 4 lippies not 5 cos I thought it might be v.slightly too pale, but with a little bronzer looks brilliant.(I got Natural Beige CF 203.) I have tried MAC, Estee Lauder, Bobbi Brown, Jane Iredale, Bare Escentuals, GloMinerals, Shiseido, Benefit, Dior, Chanel, E. Arden, H. Rubinstein, Prescriptives (including Custom Blend),Shu Uemura, Clinique, YSL, ERA,Almay,Aveda,Origins, No.17, Boots No. 7, other drug store brands, and plenty of others I can't remember.(Yes, I was determined to find 'the one.' This easily beats 'em all. I suppose now I'd better write some more reviews so I can get to the 20 required for you to be able to read this review and see how great this foundation really is!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2004 12:45:00 PM More reviews by arlener

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love, love love this foundation. Whipped texture.Complete but natural coverage. Three color ranges. Pink, beige and yellow. Most people will fall into the beige category. I'm slightly yellow but wear the lighted beige shade-soft beige. I wear O10 in Cle de Peau and 000 in Stephane marais.I recently tried La Prairie and it can't hold a candle to Kanebo.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2004 7:36:00 AM More reviews by doree_001

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

A very heavy, mask-like foundation, it covers completely and I feel like my skin can't breath underneath. I find it very unnatural. BTW I could't find the right color match for my skin... SA told me that shades are adjusted for Asian complexions.
This foundation is only for those of you who want full coverage and, of course, only if you can find the perfect colour match (and if you can stand that heavy feel!).