MAC Cream Color Base in Pearl

4.3

Octyldodecanol, Simmondsia chinesis (Jojoba) seed oil, Synthetic beeswax, Butyrospermum parkii (shea butter), Silica, Jojoba esters, Copernica cerifera (Carnauba) waz/ Cera carnauba/ Cire de carnauba, Ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate, Paraffin, Hydrogenated polyisobutene, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl palmitate, Alumina, Polybutene, PVP/hexadecene copolymer, Stearic acid, [ /- Mica, Titanium dioxide (CI 77891), Iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Bismuth oxychloride (CI 77163), Blue I lake (CI 42090), Carmine (CI 75470). Chromium oxide greens (CI 77288), Ferric ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 7 lake (CI 15850), Red 28 lake (CI 45410), Red 30 lake (CI 73360), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Yellow 5 lake (CI 19140), Yellow 10 lake (CI 47005)]

on 6/7/2012 2:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

I am in awe after using this product. I can't believe I didn't know about this years ago! I was struggling with my over the top matte make-up. I have to use powder over my foundation because it doesn't stay all day long, but I look so flat, with no dimension at all. After watching a pixiwoo tutorial, I had to try it and now I'm converted. I can't go out without it and it applies so easily on my cheekbones. It gives this dewy look I was so looking for!
The thing I love the most is that it blends really well and is so versatile. Will totally buy it again!

on 6/5/2012 5:06:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I find this a great highlighter. I use this with a liquid foundation, mostly on tops of cheekbones, nose and browbone. I felt it made a huge difference when I saw photographs of myself, gave my face a lot more glow and life than with previous highlighters. I would buy this again, though I do have a couple more highlighters I still want to try before saying this is definately the best.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

PROS
- Subtle pearly glow
- Nice creamy consistency
- Product lasts a long time

CONS
- Too expensive
- Creases when used on the eyes
- Not noticeable enough as a highlighter

Overall, I was very underwhelmed with this product. I expected more from MAC - it just didn't really do much at all.

on 4/21/2012 11:16:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I really like this cream color base. It's creamy and blends pretty easily. It gives me a nice dewy glow.

A fabulous product.

Pros:
Multi-usage: eye shadow base (needs priming though), highlighter for cheeks and under brow area, lips, body.
Goes on smoothly, easily blends.
Fragrance free.
Not too frosty.
Has tender yellowing/goldish undertones.

Cons:
Low staying power as eye shadow base.

on 3/5/2012 4:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Works nicely as a highlighter for the face. However applied to the eyes this creases like crazy with or without a primer. Only takes 5 mins for this product to crease. Not to expensive for a Mac product but i'm glad i got this with a 15% discount. Cream colour bases are meant to be multi use products and yet this particular colour is only good for the face. Also sometimes my product with be runny for no apparent reason other times this product with appear dry and hard to work with. A very strange product.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I wanted to do a review on this product because it is one of my all-time favorite highlighters. I like that it is a cream product, it is perfect for spring/summer for a natural radiance look. It really melts into your skin, and doesn't look fake at all.

It is very white looking in the pan, but it gives a nice soft glow to the skin. It is very natural looking and sheer, which is what I want. It is very creamy and easy to blend with your fingers. I also use MAC 188 brush to apply it to my cheeks.

I am medium skin tone. My other favorite highlighters are Benefit 10 and Dior Amber Diamond. I would recommend those as well if you are looking for a powder highlighter.

I have luna,pearl and shell.I use pearl as a highlighter and eye shadow on daytime at work,as it is more discreet.The only problem is that it seems it doesn't last long enough.I m not sure if i 'll buy this again or i'll keep looking for the perfect one for everyday use.(for the evening i love shell,it has more shimmer and the color is warmer)

on 1/31/2012 3:18:00 PM

I love the color of this. It's a goldy white sheen - just the perfect highlighter color. The application is very easy - you can just use your hands and you'll be fine. I dab this onto my cheekbones, nosebridge and my cupid's bow. It's looks stunning like a glow from within, very healthy. My only problem is that I find it fades rather quickly so you definitly need to set it with something. And as I found better liquid/cream highlighters I woudn't buy this again. Eventhough I haven't found one with such a nice color.
FYI it'S horrible on the eyes - creases like mad.

on 1/27/2012 10:21:00 AM

Nice highlighter. I took a mark off because it doesn't have the staying power that Benefit High Beam has. It has generally faded off my skin within an hour or two.

Top Rated MAC Products