October 1, 2014 | 1567 users online

Cleansers - Clinique - Facial Soap Extra Mild

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2009 1:19:00 AM More reviews by junomacguff

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I have been using this off and on for several years. It makes my face feel clean but not tight and does remove light makeup. I find that many times this soap does more good for my skin than the creamy lotion cleansers, less is more. Never irritates my extremely senstive skin.

Ingredients: Sodium Palmate/cocoate or palm kernelate, water purified, sodium cocyl isethionate, petrolatum, coconut acid, methyl gluceth-20, dimethicone, glycerin, sodium chloride, trisodium hedta, bht, titanium dioxide (CI 77891) [ILN6489]

Update 3/20/2010: Recently switched back to this and DDML due to a major rosacea flare and skin has calmed down considerably.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2009 2:32:00 PM More reviews by moorkitty

This is cheap, as far as facial cleansers go. I am surprised that it only has a 50%-odd rating here. The lather is creamy and plushy, rinses completely and takes off makeup well. The scent is very neutral, which I love. I take off makeup with Ultrabland, then follow with a quick lathering of this all over my face. It does not seem to bother my eyes. My daughter and I share this, we cut a bar in half and leave half in the tub, and the other half in a dish by the sink so that no matter where we happen to be washing our face, it is handy.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2009 3:51:00 AM More reviews by brownie_953

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Silver, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this for the Clinique Bonus Gift and am glad I did. It's an elegant, creamy rich soap that cleans my skin so well, yet doesn't dry it or strip it.

In the early 1970s I used Clinque alot and am now revisiting some of the line and its updated additions.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2009 9:59:00 PM More reviews by TerracottaSun

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this soap, don't allow the Clinique reps to push the mild version on you, it's too drying, but this "extra mild" version is perfect for any skin type even oily, afterall you only want to clean it not strip it. This soap foams up well, doesn't leave your face tight at all. I have on occasions given this soap as a gift, & every woman that used it always told me how much they loved it & hence forth became a fan of it. The only thing that annoys me is that Clinique has shrunk the size of the bar down over the years, if it gets any smaller it won't be worth the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/9/2008 6:55:00 PM More reviews by ooohsparkles

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

love it! i used mild version for awhile. didn't like the pump version. this is gentle, calms my skin (i can get ruddy) love it! lasts long. generally great product overall.

since tweaking my 3step this soap, mild clarifying lotion at night, #2 in morning, and DDMl sometimes (trying moisture surge) my skin has cleared up and no longer using harsh prescriptions.

thanks clinique!
EDIT 12/23: found this too drying, saving it for spring/summertime.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/12/2008 10:40:00 PM More reviews by xangelicx9

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is really mild and nice for day-to-day use. It made my skin feel clean and bit dry but I always follow up with moisturizer anyway. I REALLY liked the packaging and the little soap bar container it came with. I think its a nice product but its nothing overly amazing

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2008 7:22:00 AM More reviews by nnana

There was a sale at my regular beauty store that stocks Clinique and this was on 50% sale, so it was so cheap I couldn't resist. My skin was going through a tough time prior to using this so despite my fear of this drying out my skin I decided to give it a go anyways because I thought well what could get worse now. I didn't expect this cleanser to do much but it cleared up my skin! Yes it did! My skin looked so much better since I started using this product. I don't know how to explain it but it cleans really, really well. I do notice that my face gets squeaky clean but not to the point of dryness (yet) which is great! So far I love this, I will continue using it to monitor the effects on my skin and report back as and when. For now it hasn't disappointed me yet. Yay Clinique!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2008 5:37:00 PM More reviews by NancyGooGoo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I just came back from a cruise and realized that there was no facial soap in my cabin's bathroom. I had to go to the gift shop to buy Clinique Facial Soap - Extra Mild with Dish because that really was the cheapest thing in there!

It surprised me how much my face reacted positively to this creamy soap. It's a HUGE bar and I'm home now and I'm sure will be using this soap for quite a while.

I'm not sorry I bought it - unfortunately, the price is a bit much to buy constantly over and over, but yes, if I had EXTRA play money, I WOULD repurchase!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2008 10:39:00 AM More reviews by pupster

Having tried other products, I always come back to the simple Clinique 3 step system for dry skin. Soap has a fluffy lather that removes my makeup including eye makeup without irritation. I only use mineral powder, it may not be enough to remove long wearing makeup. UPDATE: Still soap and still too drying, but I have switched to the liquid version which I like so much better.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2008 6:43:00 PM More reviews by vande_13

This is actually a very mild soap. It hasn't irritated my skin at all (and I get irritated by EVRYTHING!). It doesn't take make up off so I only use it in the mornings. It doesn't strip your face and leaves it clean and soft. The bar lasts forever and the price is decent (about 10 bucks). I would repurchase if it could take my sunscreen off (I rarely wear make up). But since it can't, I am sticking to Mario Badescu cleansers... the cream soap and cucumber soap are excellent for dry/sensitive skin!