Clinique Facial Soap Extra Mild

3.1

on 6/6/2009 11:37:00 AM

First of all - I just don't go with most Clinique cleansers. This is also one of them.

I also don't like bar cleansers to be said. But this is the first products I have started when started using Clinique several years back:-)

Sales assistant advice me to cut the bar in several pieces and just use one piece at a time. I have done that and it performed well!:-)
This is also trick for everyone who like this product. Everytime you will get "fresh" product!

It is foamy and as I notice with most foaming (specially Clinique's) cleansers is that they cleanse my skin so good they also remove my protective barrier.

Both - mild and extra mild bars are for me very similar, I really couldn't see the difference as both dried out my skin:-)

It took some time to realize that, but when you experiment you are also more quickly to notice what is wrong and which products are great for you.

As for recommendation - if you like bar (soap!) cleansers maybe give it a try, but I would definitely suggest you to stay away from it and find a milder cleanser:-)

on 5/20/2009 3:16:00 AM

Clinique has a great bar soap for face. However my Derm advised that all mild soap is the same. He advised using something cheaper as long as it was not a deodorant soap ie beauty soap like Dove or even cheaper various Generic beauty soap is ok and invest your money in a good sunscreen and an expensive Moisturisers But the little soap dish it comes in is a 5 lippie .. The soap dish ROCKS

on 5/5/2009 1:19:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I have been using this off and on for several years. It makes my face feel clean but not tight and does remove light makeup. I find that many times this soap does more good for my skin than the creamy lotion cleansers, less is more. Never irritates my extremely senstive skin.

Ingredients: Sodium Palmate/cocoate or palm kernelate, water purified, sodium cocyl isethionate, petrolatum, coconut acid, methyl gluceth-20, dimethicone, glycerin, sodium chloride, trisodium hedta, bht, titanium dioxide (CI 77891) [ILN6489]

Update 3/20/2010: Recently switched back to this and DDML due to a major rosacea flare and skin has calmed down considerably.

on 3/22/2009 2:32:00 PM

This is cheap, as far as facial cleansers go. I am surprised that it only has a 50%-odd rating here. The lather is creamy and plushy, rinses completely and takes off makeup well. The scent is very neutral, which I love. I take off makeup with Ultrabland, then follow with a quick lathering of this all over my face. It does not seem to bother my eyes. My daughter and I share this, we cut a bar in half and leave half in the tub, and the other half in a dish by the sink so that no matter where we happen to be washing our face, it is handy.

on 3/1/2009 3:51:00 AM

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Fine

I bought this for the Clinique Bonus Gift and am glad I did. It's an elegant, creamy rich soap that cleans my skin so well, yet doesn't dry it or strip it.

In the early 1970s I used Clinque alot and am now revisiting some of the line and its updated additions.

I love this soap, don't allow the Clinique reps to push the mild version on you, it's too drying, but this "extra mild" version is perfect for any skin type even oily, afterall you only want to clean it not strip it. This soap foams up well, doesn't leave your face tight at all. I have on occasions given this soap as a gift, & every woman that used it always told me how much they loved it & hence forth became a fan of it. The only thing that annoys me is that Clinique has shrunk the size of the bar down over the years, if it gets any smaller it won't be worth the price.

on 12/9/2008 6:55:00 PM

love it! i used mild version for awhile. didn't like the pump version. this is gentle, calms my skin (i can get ruddy) love it! lasts long. generally great product overall.

since tweaking my 3step this soap, mild clarifying lotion at night, #2 in morning, and DDMl sometimes (trying moisture surge) my skin has cleared up and no longer using harsh prescriptions.

thanks clinique!
EDIT 12/23: found this too drying, saving it for spring/summertime.

on 7/12/2008 10:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is really mild and nice for day-to-day use. It made my skin feel clean and bit dry but I always follow up with moisturizer anyway. I REALLY liked the packaging and the little soap bar container it came with. I think its a nice product but its nothing overly amazing

on 6/13/2008 7:22:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

There was a sale at my regular beauty store that stocks Clinique and this was on 50% sale, so it was so cheap I couldn't resist. My skin was going through a tough time prior to using this so despite my fear of this drying out my skin I decided to give it a go anyways because I thought well what could get worse now. I didn't expect this cleanser to do much but it cleared up my skin! Yes it did! My skin looked so much better since I started using this product. I don't know how to explain it but it cleans really, really well. I do notice that my face gets squeaky clean but not to the point of dryness (yet) which is great! So far I love this, I will continue using it to monitor the effects on my skin and report back as and when. For now it hasn't disappointed me yet. Yay Clinique!

on 5/25/2008 5:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I just came back from a cruise and realized that there was no facial soap in my cabin's bathroom. I had to go to the gift shop to buy Clinique Facial Soap - Extra Mild with Dish because that really was the cheapest thing in there!

It surprised me how much my face reacted positively to this creamy soap. It's a HUGE bar and I'm home now and I'm sure will be using this soap for quite a while.

I'm not sorry I bought it - unfortunately, the price is a bit much to buy constantly over and over, but yes, if I had EXTRA play money, I WOULD repurchase!